Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: 7/1/17, FastPass Heaven Part 2

7/1/17, FastPass Heaven Part 2

On 7/1 you really didn't need the FastPass before 10:30 on most rides. We had a repeat of the previous week except the lines were even smaller. Some rides that had a 10 or 20 minute wait had a FP available for right then.

We arrived at the parking garage about 7:30 and there were virtually no cars in line for it, maybe 4 ahead of us. The lines at security were small as well. The tram to the park, while it did have some people waiting, we walked right on spotting 2 spots and were in the park at just after 8am. It is a little hard to see because we were moving so fast but the lines at the Matterhorn and Haunted House didn't exist in the morning and the Haunted House, Pirates, Screamin' Monorail and a bunch of others had no lines all day long.

We left around 8pm and will return on 7/3. Maybe with some of the blackout lifted that day it will be busier.

We have noticed that showing up a little early for the FastPass doesn't seem to bother the machines reading them. Within 5 minutes of go time they seem to work. Also the next time you can get a FP if your window for the next one exceeds 2 hours is 2 hours to the minute to get another one. We had one for 12:49pm as the next time we could get one.

The FastPass machines are still confusing people. They do not read your AP on your phone and there are often lines while one person scans a bunch of passes or someone can't get theirs to scan.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by binki View Post
    We have noticed that showing up a little early for the FastPass doesn't seem to bother the machines reading them. Within 5 minutes of go time they seem to work........................
    I'm pretty sure the similar machines in WDW have had the "5 minute early" rule unofficially in effect for most of the time since they have been installed as well. I've done it many times, and I don't think I've missed it unless I used my watch and goofed and tried before it was really 5 minutes on the official attraction clock over the entrance.

I'm sure they could alter this for heavy crowds if needed, but I think they leave it for the most part.

I'm not sure of any "padding" of the end time, though I suspect it has probably got something similar to the "5 minute rule".

Glad to hear you are having a good trip/visit. I would have assumed this weekend would have been nuts in terms of crowds.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    I would have assumed this weekend would have been nuts in terms of crowds.
    I am going again on the 3rd. I will do a report on that. I am thinking I am going on the 4th in the evening for the fireworks and would expect it to be nuts then. We will see.