Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Things to see in Epcot's Future World Central

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Things to see in Epcot's Future World Central

My Disney Top 5 - Things to see in Epcot's Future World Central by Chris Barry

Chris arrives at Epcot for his continuing series touring the best of Walt Disney World's four parks.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Epcot really IS different than anything else. It's the one place that makes me miss WDW during this DL time of life. My favorite is definitely the Fountain of Nations. Unfortunately, it wasn't working the last two trips I went, which was a big bummer. I love to just stop and take in "the show". And I LOVE MouseGear. Definitely my favorite WDW merch shop.

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

Well, you've hit on my favorite "land" at all of WDW here. Even though much of my love for Future World is for the Future World that no longer exists, it's still my favorite place to simply hang out. The music, the sights, the shops. Just a great place to spend a day... or a week.

My top five for the current Future World Central:

5. The Art of Disney - We love this little shop tucked away next to Spaceship Earth. So much cool stuff to look at.
    4. The Fountain - I've been told that, officially speaking, this fountain has no name. It's commonly called the Fountain of Nations, but a tour guide told us years ago that the fountain was never given an official name. It's great fun to watch, especially when you're standing on the giant Epcot symbol to its south.
    3. Club Cool - Our family never tires of going in and trying all the different Coke products from around the world. Who doesn't like free soda, anyway? Being a big Coca Cola fan, I've found many cool souvenirs in here over the years. I do miss the ice cave that used to be the entrance, though.
    2. Spaceship Earth - The iconic attraction at Epcot, and a classic dark ride that tells a great story, too. This is our family's traditional end-of-the-night ride (when we're not staying for IllumiNations).
    1. Mouse Gear - My favorite store in all of Walt Disney World. Mainly because I collect Epcot-themed items, and this is the home of all things Epcot, but also because it's just a fun store with so much of everything.

It was surprisingly hard to narrow the list down to five things. We love the Fountainview Starbucks location (with its tiny "hidden" CommuniCore symbol), we love Pin Central, and we even really enjoy the Electric Umbrella. It's sad that there's almost nothing left to Innoventions, even though it paled by comparison to the old CommuniCore, but the House of the Future was always a favorite of ours.

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGator View Post
    Epcot really IS different than anything else. It's the one place that makes me miss WDW during this DL time of life. My favorite is definitely the Fountain of Nations. Unfortunately, it wasn't working the last two trips I went, which was a big bummer. I love to just stop and take in "the show". And I LOVE MouseGear. Definitely my favorite WDW merch shop.
    Hey Gator. Can't be too bad having Disneyland at your disposal though?

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by davidgra View Post
    Well, you've hit on my favorite "land" at all of WDW here. Even though much of my love for Future World is for the Future World that no longer exists, it's still my favorite place to simply hang out. The music, the sights, the shops. Just a great place to spend a day... or a week.

My top five for the current Future World Central:

5. The Art of Disney - We love this little shop tucked away next to Spaceship Earth. So much cool stuff to look at.
    4. The Fountain - I've been told that, officially speaking, this fountain has no name. It's commonly called the Fountain of Nations, but a tour guide told us years ago that the fountain was never given an official name. It's great fun to watch, especially when you're standing on the giant Epcot symbol to its south.
    3. Club Cool - Our family never tires of going in and trying all the different Coke products from around the world. Who doesn't like free soda, anyway? Being a big Coca Cola fan, I've found many cool souvenirs in here over the years. I do miss the ice cave that used to be the entrance, though.
    2. Spaceship Earth - The iconic attraction at Epcot, and a classic dark ride that tells a great story, too. This is our family's traditional end-of-the-night ride (when we're not staying for IllumiNations).
    1. Mouse Gear - My favorite store in all of Walt Disney World. Mainly because I collect Epcot-themed items, and this is the home of all things Epcot, but also because it's just a fun store with so much of everything.

It was surprisingly hard to narrow the list down to five things. We love the Fountainview Starbucks location (with its tiny "hidden" CommuniCore symbol), we love Pin Central, and we even really enjoy the Electric Umbrella. It's sad that there's almost nothing left to Innoventions, even though it paled by comparison to the old CommuniCore, but the House of the Future was always a favorite of ours.
    The Art of Disney really is a great place. Seriously makes me wish I had a ton of money to spend in there!!