Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Fantasmic returns to Disneyland July 17, 2017

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Fantasmic returns to Disneyland July 17, 2017

Disneyland will celebrate its anniversary on July 17 with the return of Fantasmic, according to an announcement just made on the Disney Parks Blog.

This summer, iconic Disneyland park attractions make their return with the reopening of Fantasmic!, the Rivers of America attractions and the Disneyland Railroad. We know these classic attractions many of which have delighted guests since the parks opening day are very special to Disneyland park fans, and we are excited to celebrate their return.

For 25 years, Fantasmic! has taken Disneyland park guests on a journey into Mickey Mouses imagination, and its return on July 17 in celebration of the parks 62nd anniversary will bring new magic to this beloved nighttime spectacular! The treasured Disneyland park experience guests have loved for years, complete with its original fanfare and theme song, will be taken to brilliant new heights. New mist screens will combine with innovative, state-of-the-art projection technology for brighter and more vibrant visuals than ever before, and the show will feature new scenes inspired by Disney animated classics such as Aladdin and The Lion King.

Also this summer, the classic Rivers of America attractions will reopen, starting with Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer Island this Friday, June 16, followed by Mark Twain Riverboat, Sailing Ship Columbia and Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes on July 29. For decades, guests have traveled the landscapes inspired by four of Americas majestic rivers: the Mississippi, the Columbia, the Missouri and the Rio Grande; each carefully recreated, complete with indigenous rock formations, natural forests and wildlife. The return of these watercraft will bring even more breathtaking views for guests to discover, including an enhanced adventure featuring the new Columbia Gorge section, highlighted by five picturesque waterfalls. Last year, we shared the artists rendering above, courtesy of Walt Disney Imagineering, showing the gorgeous new north bank of the Rivers of America, which will feature a beautiful new waterfront.

This new waterfront will also include several elevated trestles over which the Disneyland Railroad will travel when it reopens along with the Rivers of America attractions on July 29. An icon for more than 60 years, the Disneyland Railroad holds a special place in the hearts of our guests, and we are excited to take them on the grand circle tour of Walt Disneys original Magic Kingdom once again. This classic experience will also feature new and enhanced adventures! For the very first time, the Disneyland Railroad will make a left-hand turn to continue around Disneyland park, and Im excited to tell you that Walt Disneys legendary dioramas of the Grand Canyon and Primeval World have been carefully restored to their original splendor, with a bit of new magic added to both!

Dont miss this iconic summer as some of your favorite attractions return to Disneyland park.

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It would be great to have a review of the fastpass options and I wonder if meals will come back in time for this.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Just saw it on the news as well. I figured it would be around that time after one of the engineers and a conductor said July. Surprised the island is opening up this weekend but glad it will be. I think the way it seems to be opening in phases its a good idea.

I was reading the comments on the blog and had a good laugh at those begging them to open the railroad sooner because they were going to be there before it for D23.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Im just glad it should be up for september 😏

Blog Entries

I received an email that Dining Packages for Fantasmic! are available. Blue Bayou - $65/$25 and River Belle Terrace $45/$25 (adults/kids). Three course pre-set menu.

Grab and Go now at Hungry Bear $29.99/$19.99 (specific menu)

THe Dining page on the website has reservations. It appears that MSEP and Blue Bayou are offered at the same time. (at least for July 18th it is).
    MSEP on the go still offered at Aladdin.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Footage of the new show which debuts tonight! Warner: spoilers ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3wV79bS5VM

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
    -Winnie the Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland addict13 View Post
    Footage of the new show which debuts tonight! Warner: spoilers ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3wV79bS5VM
    Thanks for posting the link!

I like most of what I saw, but I will say I'm a little torn about

the projections on the building. Just because that's now a technology they have made great advancements recently, does it mean it needs to be part of every single show? I don't want to judge it too harshly before seeing the show in person, but I feel Fantasmic could probably do without that element. Just IMO. Obviously the water screen projections are a key part of the show, so I have no problem with any updates in that regard.

It's still going to be awesome to see the show return, and still better than the DHS version (again, IMO). Maybe I'm feeling that due to being more recently in FL than CA. In FL it's in the fireworks at MK, the Star Wars fireworks at DHS and very similar effects are on the Tree of Life. I guess at DL, maybe the only other show that does this is the Castle show with fireworks?

It's great that they managed to open 2 days early so all the D23 participants can try to see the updated show while they are in town.
    -Dave

Blog Entries

I watched a full video from last night. My comments are that some of the additions are good but it seems every new set of changes brings the same character set to the show. WoC, Dland Forever, etc. I guess u could say it's the modern era set but there are so many different entertainment offerings you'd think they could sprinkle older ones around more often (and not just the 5 second image). I have other comments too about changed elements but done have spoiler-block capabilities in Tapatalk so maybe later.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Do you think they will run it every day through Aug?

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

I you look at the DLR entertainment schedule, F! stops running every night after 8/27, going to weekends only. Of course, Labor Day Weekend includes the Monday, too.

prrrrrrrrrrfect

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Where is the FastPass distribution for Fantasmic taking place? Is it on the Big Thunder Trail as anticipated?

Blog Entries

When we saw it a week ago, it was sort of across from The Golden Horseshoe.

Planning 3 trips at once...

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    When we saw it a week ago, it was sort of across from The Golden Horseshoe.
    Yeah, when I saw it, the machines were kind of between the petrified tree and the loading dock for Columbia / Twain.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...