Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: 2018 Race Plans

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2018 Race Plans

Well, we are heading into the halfway point of 2017 (already...) and it's time to start that 2018 run schedule. With the current mystery of West Coast runDisney, who is doing what in 2018?

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

2. # ADS

2018 plans so far

June - Fat Boy 5K in Long Beach - registered

waiting, as is everyone else, on what is happening with Run Disney West Coast

Still need to win the lotto so I can plan trips to Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney, and Hong Kong Disney.
    I love: my cats, scrapbooking, and all things Disney

Red Rock Canyon Half in February (near Vegas).

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hello... (hello.... hello.... Hel..) Anyone here (here.... here.... here....) Kind of quite on the board ( board..... board....)

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I had already been planning on taking a break anyway, so runDisney's decision to scrap races at Disneyland kind of fits in to my plans. I'm not generally going to be doing any more half marathons. I might keep the rock n roll San Diego half marathon because it has sentimental value for me, and I love the course support. There's a chance I could do the Berkeley half marathon at some point since it would be where I went to college. Other than that, I'll just be doing a few 5Ks and 10Ks during the year - run to remember L.A., race on the base, Dodgers 5K, whatever else I've been doing for the past couple years.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

i am more partial to the 10K distance as a real race but I will be putting at least two HM in my schedule to match the training group Im in. So for right now its OC Half and something near LB Half (but that's too hot for me so maybe something else). I might do some other things around those - since part of the training involves pretty much running a 10 miler or so. I need to look at schedules. My running group, of course, all recommend lots of HMs. I don't think I can do that. Some of the races lately are just 5K or 5K/HM. Very few 10Ks get publicized widely it seems, though I need to dig through the lists.

My echo comment was also because it seems a LOT of board activity across multiple threads has dropped off significantly.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Very few 10Ks get publicized widely it seems, though I need to dig through the lists.
    I think the 10K races don't get done as much because it does require some training (as opposed to most 5Ks) but it's too short a distance for most people who are used to doing halfs and fulls.

FYI, the run to remember L.A. race has a 10K and a half, race on the base in Los Alamitos has a 5K and a 10K, and the Dodgers race has a 5K and a 10K, both very hilly. Hard Rock used to have a race in Hollywood that had a 10K and a half, but they didn't have it this year with zero explanation, so I don't actually expect them to come back.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

If all goes well(I am not counting on it as things always tend to go wonky for some reason LOL) I am planning on Wine & Dine since DL canceled all races. It will be my first trip to WDW and probably my only(NorCal gal here, limited funds and retired husband so corss country trips are not a part of our life LOL) and while I am hoping to do all three, that will depend on my surgery(ankle) and my recovery. But it is in the plan so fingers crossed. Other than that, no other races planned for me this year.

Darlene aka MotoGP Goddess

I'm generally falling back to ten k's, although my first race of next year is a 15k. I want to find some fun races in California in interesting spots that don't require all of the training of a half...

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

I just heard that Nike wants to sponsor a 10K on the Marina Freeway (State Route 90) in April on part of the route from the 1984 Olympic Marathon. If it's approved and there's also a 5K I might consider doing that for the novelty of being on the freeway.

Well I'm going for the mermaid run next month in San Diego. It's a much longer drive than Disney, but at least its a race

I'm really not digging the virtual Star Wars race medal. It just doesnt appeal to me. So I'm not sure what ill race next. Hopefully something will turn up

Just keep trying, trying, trying.....
    I did it! Woo Hoo Star Wars 10k completed
    Disneyland Half Weekend 10k "I made it~ woo hoo!"
    Yippee! Another Star Wars 10K Finished with style and a pr ::happy dance::

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

In case anyone's interested, a couple races are coming up in April.

Santa Anita Derby Day 5K is on Saturday, April 7. It's a lovely stroll inside the L.A. County Arboretum and Botanic Garden and the finish is on the race track. They just released the medal info this year, and it depicts the starting gates. Really cool.

Run to Remember 10K and half marathon is on Sunday, April 8. Both races run through Paramount Studios. There are discount codes for both races at the link I've included.

Blog Entries

My updated list. Anyone have suggestions for later in the year - great. Sorry to see the activity diminish here.

Feb - Surf City Half Marathon (completed virtual 2/3)
    March - Tustin Hangar 5K
    April - Angels 5K (my friends are bugging me to do La Jolla Half)
    May - OC Half Marathon; Great Donut Run
    June - So Cal Pirate Run 5K - maybe the fatboy 5K. Depends on when I am moving my son to Cleveland.
    July - Off (its my birthday month)
    August - Tiki Beach 5K
    September -
    October - LB Half
    November -
    December - (harder to do races because the weekends are High school soccer tournaments which I referee).

Here is my list so far

January - The Super Run in Long Beach - done

February - Divas Special Edition 5k in Temecula
    March - Screenland 5K
    - St Patricks Day 5k in Redondo Beach
    April - Angels 5k
    May - Armed Forces Day 5K (need to register)
    June - FatBoy 5k
    July - 4th of July 5k in Redondo Beach (need to register)
    August
    September
    October
    November - trying to squeeze in the 5k at Wine and Dine weekend
    December
    May

Still need to win the lotto so I can plan trips to Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney, and Hong Kong Disney.

The Nike 10K on the Marina freeway is happening.
    https://nikegola10k.rallyup.com

If anyone is interested in volunteering, that's open too.
    https://www.marathonvolunteers.com/v...Nike-Go-LA-10K

Blog Entries

just curious if any of our running group here ran the LA Marathon yesterday. I was part of the Long Beach Galloway support group at mike 23.5. If anyone did race I hope you finished and had a good race.

Here is my list so far

January - The Super Run in Long Beach - done
    February - Divas Special Edition 5k in Temecula - done (registered for 2019 already)
    March - St Patricks Day 5k in Redondo Beach - done
    April - Angels 5k - done

May - Armed Forces Day 5K (may not be able to do that as I have to work) or Donut Run in Irvine
    June - FatBoy 5k (Race cancelled - need to find a June race)
    July - 4th of July 5k in Redondo Beach (need to register)
    August
    September - Dodgers 5K
    October - Aquarium of the Pacific 5K (need to register)
    November - Brave 5k in San Pedro, CA to support Lane Victory Museum
    December

Blog Entries

update for me

Feb - Surf City Half Marathon (completed virtual 2/3) DONE
    March - empty
    April - Angels 5K, LA Run to Remember Half DONE and DONE
    May - OC Half Marathon
    June - So Cal Pirate Run 10K
    July - 2018 Ride/Run to Defeat ALS (westlake village)
    August - Tiki Beach 10K
    September - Long Beach Conquer the Bridge
    October - LB Half - maybe Surf City 10K
    November - open
    December - Santa Monica christmas 10K