Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

Finally figured out reservations (well, for on-site hotels part of trip at least ) for an early May Flower and Garden trip (while a procrastinator, I wanted to make sure I did it before the parking fee goes into effect for reservations made tomorrow or later).

Ended up doing a split for 6 days across Pop Century and AKL at Kidani Village for the moment (may add an off site day on either end - not sure yet). I've had 2 short stays at Jambo House 4 years ago, decided I wanted to try AKL again, as I like the animals a lot and figured Kidani would be a little different. It's only 3 days there, but I'm looking forward to checking it out as a resort guest (I've visited the Kidani grounds several times after eating at Sanaa)

Now hoping to get lucky and find someone cancelling a FP+ for FoP sometime between now and my trip (not counting on it though - hazard of my procrastination - I know I have a self-incflicted problem ).

-Dave

2. # ADS

Kidani Village was really nice, albeit way too expensive in my estimation. It's kind of like the Treehouses too, as in way out of the way from everything else, so longer travel times. But having your balcony on the Savannah was really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Kidani Village was really nice, albeit way too expensive in my estimation. It's kind of like the Treehouses too, as in way out of the way from everything else, so longer travel times. But having your balcony on the Savannah was really cool.
    Yeah, I agree to a great extent on the cost. I generally do shorter trips, and for anything longer (to me a full week is "longer" than maybe 4 or 5 days as more standard for me) I will generally average out the per night cost by doing something cheaper than the Deluxe for part of the trip, like a Value or off site. I can't justify to myself going for any of the Deluxes for a full week since I am just as happy with something lower cost and can probably do 2 trips for the price of one for a full week at a Deluxe. I do like to try out the various resorts at least a little though.

Reading about the Treehouses intrigued me a bit, but I doubt I will ever try them out. Not being a DVC member, they seem to be way higher than I am willing to consider spending for a night.

True on the Kidani travel time, but since I drive it's not as bad, at least not in my mind. It will be great for helping me get to DAK early for an attempt at FoP standby. It will be a long-ish door to door (door to gate?) travel time for any MK visits, for sure.
    Last edited by Dave1313; 03-22-2018 at 08:18 PM.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Yeah, I agree to a great extent on the cost. I generally do shorter trips, and for anything longer (to me a full week is "longer" than maybe 4 or 5 days as more standard for me) I will generally average out the per night cost by doing something cheaper than the Deluxe for part of the trip, like a Value or off site. I can't justify to myself going for any of the Deluxes for a full week since I am just as happy with something lower cost and can probably do 2 trips for the price of one for a full week at a Deluxe. I do like to try out the various resorts at least a little though.

Reading about the Treehouses intrigued me a bit, but I doubt I will ever try them out. Not being a DVC member, they seem to be way higher than I am willing to consider spending for a night.

True on the Kidani travel time, but since I drive it's not as bad, at least not in my mind. It will be great for helping me get to DAK early for an attempt at FoP standby. It will be a long-ish door to door (door to gate?) travel time for any MK visits, for sure.
    Me too! I've only stayed at half of the resorts so far. Joey has hit most of them, the little turkey. Good luck on the FoP!
    Last edited by nickjandrews; 03-23-2018 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Spelling

Me too! I've only stayed at half of the resorts so far. Joey has hit most of them, the little turkey. Good luck on the FoP!
    Thanks! Off the top of my head, I think my count is at 10 resorts. This trip won't add a new one since I've been to both Pop and AKL before.
    -Dave

My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

Bought new Disney trainers. My old ones have only got one trip left in them so I need to start work on the next pair. Also my teens have said they will walk 20 steps behind me all week if I wear my Sketchers in the presence ?

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Paid off the trip. Everything is now paid for apart from the airport hotel the night before we fly. It was pretty painful but it’s done now. Nothing left to do but diet now!!!!!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Paid off the trip. Everything is now paid for apart from the airport hotel the night before we fly. It was pretty painful but it’s done now. Nothing left to do but diet now!!!!!
    Excellent news!

ESTA’s paid for and have come through authorised and approved. A small fortune spent in the chemist ready for the trip but I always have new make-up for a big holiday. Also it is double digit dance day for us!

I reminded all at the office Monday morning meeting I'll be gone...

I reminded all at the office Monday morning meeting I'll be gone...
    I like delivering that news, along with, "I WILL BE UNAVAILABLE!"
    Shawn
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    With the improvements in my job situation over the old place, I won't even mind checking email in the phone while waiting for stuff. Not taking computer though. If the VA has waited this long for projects, what's another week?

Plus, around here I think the assumption is that I'll be unavailable! So, so much better. Don't I seen less grumpy than this time a year and a half ago?

With the improvements in my job situation over the old place, I won't even mind checking email in the phone while waiting for stuff. Not taking computer though. If the VA has waited this long for projects, what's another week?
    Honestly, I do not mind either. I do not take my laptop, but I will check my phone in the evenings and mornings.
    Shawn
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani

Did my online check in yesterday. Course, my room probably still won't be ready when I land and I'll have to go to the front desk anyway. Still, it's a feeling of some small accomplishment.

Dan
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Got bathroom stuff tucked into bag after getting ready for work this morning! Leaving office at noon for the house, then to the airport!

Santa / Actor for hire
    MousePad Subscriber

I have my FastPass+'s made for my upcoming trip, I had to call Disney Travel to get them to open my dates open up on the website.

My Acting website
    My Santa website "It's not the look, it's what is in ones heart, that makes one a Santa"
    My Promotional Marketing website that's were my user name comes

Booked our Spring Break 2019 trip today. Going March 10-15. It will be just me and my son, who will be graduating from college. Booked our home resort, but hoping to move to Bay Lake Tower at the 7-month window.

Shawn

Booked our Spring Break 2019 trip today. Going March 10-15. It will be just me and my son, who will be graduating from college. Booked our home resort, but hoping to move to Bay Lake Tower at the 7-month window.
    Nice! Man, that thunderstorm earlier really cared the place out. Soarin' is posted at 20 right now. Was 25 when we went in and we were done and out in less than that!

After searching everyday for about a month, finally scored a reservation at Be Our Guest for me and my daughter. I was really hoping for dinner, but ended up scoring a lunch reservation at 1:30. Not going to complain. Our flight is supposed to land at 10:30am that day. So we are going to have to hope that our luggage comes off the plane quickly, grab the rental car (thank you Emerald Club!) and jet over to WDW. Luckily we are at the Contemporary. So no having to wait for a bus.

Disneyland will always be home, but WDW is starting to win me over.

Got home safely after a great trip. Smelled burning electrical smell on the MD80 somewhere over Louisiana. Stewardess ran her hands along the overhead bins and ceiling looking for heat! She looked really nervous. They punched the throttles to get home, did a fast approach and landing but never said anything over the PA about it, although I heard them telling a few passengers they were aware of the smell and etc. I could see we were traveling a lot faster than normal just by the ground below and the unusual approach to land, but no big deal! Just a little excitement...

Got home safely after a great trip. Smelled burning electrical smell on the MD80 somewhere over Louisiana. Stewardess ran her hands along the overhead bins and ceiling looking for heat! She looked really nervous. They punched the throttles to get home, did a fast approach and landing but never said anything over the PA about it, although I heard them telling a few passengers they were aware of the smell and etc. I could see we were traveling a lot faster than normal just by the ground below and the unusual approach to land, but no big deal! Just a little excitement...
    Wow, that sounds interesting. Glad you landed safely.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Wow, that sounds interesting. Glad you landed safely.
    Me, too!

WDW finally updated the park hours for May. Changed around my FP+ times due to some of the hour changes. Ready to rock n roll!

Disneyland will always be home, but WDW is starting to win me over.

Happy 180 Days....made our ADR ressies this morning.

All Breakfasts...

Cape May Cafe
    Trail's End
    Boma
    Garden Grill

Shawn