Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    We booked our May 2019 DVC stay this morning. Going May 27 - June 2nd for daughter's high school graduation celebration.
    Awesome, thats a great gift!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Awesome, that’s a great gift!
    She is really excited. She has my love for Disney.

We had a small accomplishment yesterday. We added one night to our 2019 May Trip. The dates are now May 26 - June 2. A full week. YES!
    Shawn
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani

She is really excited. She has my love for Disney.

We had a small accomplishment yesterday. We added one night to our 2019 May Trip. The dates are now May 26 - June 2. A full week. YES!
    Yer killin me, Smalls!

My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

Me and DD have packed. Fabulous, Uber organised perfection. Packing cubes are your friend. We will mainly be hitting the Beach Club pool for an hour while DH and DS sort out whatever chaos it is they throw into their suitcases an hour before we head for the airport. Are we smug. Oh yes we are

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

House cleaned from top to bottom. Lawns mowed. Just two more days at work now then off to the airport the night before we fly.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

YeDan talked about it in his trip report, which is what got me thinking to book it.
    It's all part of the service!
    Dan

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

We made it! Across the Atlantic on a flight that left on time to an immigration hall with no other flights passengers in there when we arrived. Although we were right at the back of our plane so still a 50 minutes jolly then. But the real accomplishment. Our room at the Beach Club is soooooo close to Epcot it is epic. Took us three minutes to walk to International Gateway. Happy days We also have a full length day bed so the 16 and 19 year old are happy. Young man, Eric, who checked us in could not have been more helpful and offered me two rooms both with a full day bed. This one which is opposite the quiet pool with a patio (we paid for a garden view) or an upper floor with a full balcony and garden view. I would have enjoyed the balcony but we couldn’t resist been so close to a pool at the International Gateway.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    We made it! Across the Atlantic on a flight that left on time to an immigration hall with no other flights passengers in there when we arrived. Although we were right at the back of our plane so still a 50 minutes jolly then. But the real accomplishment. Our room at the Beach Club is soooooo close to Epcot it is epic. Took us three minutes to walk to International Gateway. Happy days We also have a full length day bed so the 16 and 19 year old are happy. Young man, Eric, who checked us in could not have been more helpful and offered me two rooms both with a full day bed. This one which is opposite the quiet pool with a patio (we paid for a garden view) or an upper floor with a full balcony and garden view. I would have enjoyed the balcony but we couldn’t resist been so close to a pool at the International Gateway.
    Congrats and enjoy your stay! I had a lovely room at the BC by the quiet pool and enjoyed the location immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Awesome! Have a magical time!
    Shawn
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani

Great news, Scooby!

Booked some fastpasses for our September trip! Managed to snag a Slinky Dog Dash fastpass!

Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

Those are hard to come by - congrats!

Dan

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Nice job Tony! What did I do? Not much other than say okay! Back off the wagon, 82 days to October 8!

This doesn't really count for much, but I realized I hadn't ordered this year's AP MB the other day so I took care of that. New MB2 arrived yesterday. Up to four colors in the new ones now!

Just did FP+ for early October trip. Missed Slinky for now, but did get Alien Swirling Saucers (anyone know what the shorthand for that ride should be? - I knew it would turn to asterisks when I almost just typed it!).

Did get 2 for FoP, but I'd consider dropping at least one if I can get Slinky. Unfortunately I don't think there is an easy way to check that (before actually cancelling) when you want to start from scratch with a different park for the day, vs. just try for something else in the same park.

-Dave

No I don't think you can either. The system needs improvement to help you do that. It should give an option to look and if you select it, give a warning that you'll lose your current selections for park A if you pick one in park B.

Just changed our March 2019 reservation to Bay Lake Tower (Lake View) since today is our 7-month window.

Shawn

Just changed our March 2019 reservation to Bay Lake Tower (Lake View) since today is our 7-month window.
    Joey and I stayed there a while back, but we had an awesome park view which I loved. I highly recommend it! The higher the floor, the better.

Purchased $400 in Disney Gift Cards with our Target Red Cars and only paid $380. Thank you 5% savings.

Shawn

We purchased Early Morning Magic for DHS. We get to enter the park at 730am and ride all the rides in Toy Story Land, plus we get a breakfast.

Shawn

We purchased Early Morning Magic for DHS. We get to enter the park at 730am and ride all the rides in Toy Story Land, plus we get a breakfast.
    How much was that? Went ahead and got a room for first night there at the Wyndham Garden DS.

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    How much was that? Went ahead and got a room for first night there at the Wyndham Garden DS.
    It was $79 per person. From what I could see, it was $10 more than the Early Morning Magic at Magic Kingdom.

Awesome on the room. Been checking every day for. FOP FP, but no luck so far.
    Shawn

Yeah I looked it up. A bit pricey for four of us but I wonder about passholder discount. Might be worth a call...

It was $79 per person. From what I could see, it was $10 more than the Early Morning Magic at Magic Kingdom.

Awesome on the room. Been checking every day for. FOP FP, but no luck so far.
    I had been considering this for the last few days since I was shut out for Slinky Dog during my initial selection, and up until now.

As for the accomplishment for today, got my elusive Slinky FP+ for one day (traded my TSM one), and re-arranged my other 2 (Star Tours and Tower of Terror - admittedly not too hard to re-schedule these) to have only 5 minute gaps in the FP+ windows! Yay!!! So my net effect is I changed a late morning to early afternoon DHS day to be DHS in late afternoon into evening. I will probably do another park earlier in the day and then stick around to see the Star Wars fireworks on this day.

I still might think on the Early Morning thing. If I really think I may be able to ride Slinky Dog 2 times or more (or maybe even Slinky with Alien Swirling Saucers) with little wait before the main park opening, I might still try it (still available for my dates, I think).

Good luck with your continued attempts at getting FoP, btw! I'm not sure if it was key here, but this is my second time having luck with trying a little after midnight Eastern Time (Thanks to Nick for that tip a few months back! ). It only worked for one of my 2 "swap attempt" days for me just now for Slinky (approx 1230-1245 AM EDT), so I did not mess with days I had FP+ for other parks, and while I did try my previously FP+ empty "edge" days, I didn't have luck with those. (I don't have airline tickets or firm off site hotel plans to open or close the trip yet). I'm 35 days out from my first on-site hotel day when I did this, for reference.
    Last edited by Dave1313; 08-26-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    -Dave

Booked our March 2019 Flights on Southwest when the booking window opened this past Thursday.

Shawn