Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

Got the email stating our Magic bands have shipped.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Just got back from WI work trip. Still have laundry to do and Joey said dryer isn't working...
    Our Washer just crashed. New one being delivered tomorrow.
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    Our Washer just crashed. New one being delivered tomorrow.
    What, like just buy a new one instead of fixing it? I can't do that! The new thermal fuse wil be delivered tomorrow but I had to do laundry today. So I just jumpered it for now. It's fine as long as we are home and awake.

Need to order a Jedi costume so I have an excuse to take my lightsaber to work on Halloween...

Made reservations for Savi's Workshop for Saturday! Oh, and we arrived in MCO!

Made reservations for Savi's Workshop for Saturday! Oh, and we arrived in MCO!
    Awesome, may the force be with you.

Stole some coaxium.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Awesome, may the force be with you.
    Thanks!

Stole some coaxium.
    Bright Suns.

Are you messing around with the app under Disney Play?

While I didn't want to waste too much time with it(absolutely no way I am ever going to do all the "achievements"), I found it interesting. "Hacking" robots and doors was sort of fun, even though there is not much to it.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Bright Suns.

While I didn't want to waste too much time with it(absolutely no way I am ever going to do all the "achievements"), I found it interesting. "Hacking" robots and doors was sort of fun, even though there is not much to it.
    Haven't yet. Just soaking it all in.

Received my magic bands in the mail. This is a great milestone.

Bright Suns.

We ended up doing a lot of that stuff, but it would take forever to complete them all and be able to do much of anything else. Joey actually got the credits from Smugglers Run deposited into his profile, but for whatever reason I never got mine. We did SR eight or so times.

My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

Booked flight for our April trip.

Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

We ended up doing a lot of that stuff, but it would take forever to complete them all and be able to do much of anything else. Joey actually got the credits from Smugglers Run deposited into his profile, but for whatever reason I never got mine. We did SR eight or so times.
    Glad I'm not the only one they pulled into the app tasks. It's fun, but way too many things to do! Did any of the roving cast interact with you guys while you were doing it? Kylo and 2 troopers walked right up to me and started interrogating me about being loyal to the resistance while I was playing with the app. Not sure if they actually are keying on on people using the app, or just watching for people doing anything at all on a smart device. (Saw them walk up to other people a few times too and make comments about "excessive transmissions from your data pad" and things like that too.)

Awesome on the SR rides! Did you get to try all 6 seats? I did I think 6 times and only missed left gunner (though I asked for "anything but engineer" after my first 2 trips when it became obvious I would always be in the last seat as a single rider (even in main queue) if I didn't ask for something else). Not gonna lie, I think my fave is getting to do the hyperdrive as right pilot!

As to this thread.... uh.... I commented on another MousePad member's GE experiences... that's all I got right now.
    -Dave

Glad I'm not the only one they pulled into the app tasks. It's fun, but way too many things to do! Did any of the roving cast interact with you guys while you were doing it? Kylo and 2 troopers walked right up to me and started interrogating me about being loyal to the resistance while I was playing with the app. Not sure if they actually are keying on on people using the app, or just watching for people doing anything at all on a smart device. (Saw them walk up to other people a few times too and make comments about "excessive transmissions from your data pad" and things like that too.)

Awesome on the SR rides! Did you get to try all 6 seats? I did I think 6 times and only missed left gunner (though I asked for "anything but engineer" after my first 2 trips when it became obvious I would always be in the last seat as a single rider (even in main queue) if I didn't ask for something else). Not gonna lie, I think my fave is getting to do the hyperdrive as right pilot!

As to this thread.... uh.... I commented on another MousePad member's GE experiences... that's all I got right now.
    I rode it twice on our trip in September, from the Single Rider line. The CM told me I could not request any specific role, so I ended up being engineer twice. Kind of bummed about that.

I rode it twice on our trip in September, from the Single Rider line. The CM told me I could not request any specific role, so I ended up being engineer twice. Kind of bummed about that.
    Ah, but you can trade with others in the crew party after you get the cards!

Yes, I got hassled by stormtroopers about my data pad and transmissions on military frequencies. They are really playing it up. Glad to not see Phasma (terrible character, worse than L3). Kylo Ren was around and other FO officers too.

We did at least 8 runs. I did every seat except right gunner. Watching parties and trading cards with others can get you the other positions. I so wanted to borrow a set of those cards for my collection, but it's just more "stuff" to collect dust.

Ah, but you can trade with others in the crew party after you get the cards!
    I will give that a shot next time.

Just finished making, and adjusting, our ADR's for the next trip. Great mix.

Dinner - Chef Art Smith's Home Comin'
    Breakfast - Crystal Palace
    Dinner - Ohana
    Lunch - Terralina
    Happily Ever After Dessert Party
    Brunch - California Grill
    Breakfast - Boma

I don't generally ask for anything from the CMs regarding seating when in the single rider line(for any ride). I figured it was always assumed we were getting the benefit of a shorter line by agreeing to be placed wherever is needed to fill out any given vehicle. (Same for Expedition Everest, I am pretty sure you aren't supposed to be able to ask for 1st car when in the single rider line, though I've possibly seen a few people who entered via single rider queue do that when the CM isn't keeping close track of who they sent over to the "1st car" line.)

So I only asked when I entered via the main queue. It was slow enough the week I was there that the main queue was never bad enough to make single rider that much of a benefit(I only did single rider for my first ride before I had a feel for how long the wait was vs. time posted at the entrance). All but one trip I felt like I was walking pretty quickly all the way up to the pre show room with Hondo before slowing down. My last ride was more of a wait, but was still only about an hour from entering the queue to being off the ride. That let me play along with the app some more, especially for the "are you overlooking the Falcon" segment, which I had never done much of before.

Good tip by Nick though re trading roles with other groups. I guess there could be some groups that be willing to trade to get away from the minor peer pressure involved by being pilot. Or someone can luck out. One of my trips, one of the people who was supposed to be pilot walked into the cockpit, took one look and decided to bail before sitting down. Apparently the confines within the space triggered some claustrophobic feelings. So someone out in the hallway got to be our last minute pilot substitute!

My accomplishment for the day: Uhhhh.. saw some of the holiday offerings and started thinking about a quick 3 day trip before Christmas one weekend. We will see.
    -Dave

Just finished making, and adjusting, our ADR's for the next trip. Great mix.

Dinner - Chef Art Smith's Home Comin'
    Breakfast - Crystal Palace
    Dinner - Ohana
    Lunch - Terralina
    Happily Ever After Dessert Party
    Brunch - California Grill
    Breakfast - Boma
    Nice choices!

Booked our FP on Sunday morning for the Disney World Marathon trip. Very disappointing in what was available. Didn't get anything that really works for us. So I booked what we could and going to keep trying to see if anything opens up.

Missing Disneyland, but looking forward to Disney World!

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Booked our FP on Sunday morning for the Disney World Marathon trip. Very disappointing in what was available. Didn't get anything that really works for us. So I booked what we could and going to keep trying to see if anything opens up.
    If they decide to extend EEMH, make sure to take advantage. It was huge for us.

If they decide to extend EEMH, make sure to take advantage. It was huge for us.
    Most definitely. I am hoping they decide to extend some park hours as well. Right now everything closes at like 9pm every night.

After canceling our lunch reservation at BOG for our last day in the parks because it didn't fit in with the FP that we were able to get, I was able to find another lunch reservation at BOG for later in day that actually fits! Woo hoo. French onion soup!