Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 405

Thread: My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

  1. #376

    Ended up ditching the FP at Epcot and booked FP for MK that late morning/early afternoon. We will take our chances with single rider and waiting in line at Epcot.

    Missing Disneyland, but looking forward to Disney World!

  2. # ADS

    Join Date
    Location
    Posts
     

  3. #377
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Ended up ditching the FP at Epcot and booked FP for MK that late morning/early afternoon. We will take our chances with single rider and waiting in line at Epcot.
    Good call.

  4. #378

    Made hotel and air reservations for an early February trip.


  5. #379

    My brother is switching jobs fir a big raise, so there might be a need for a celebration trip coming up...


  6. #380
    Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    My brother is switching jobs fir a big raise, so there might be a need for a celebration trip coming up...
    Big raise is definitely a reason for a celebration trip!

  7. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    My brother is switching jobs fir a big raise, so there might be a need for a celebration trip coming up...
    nice
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

  8. #382

    Purchased Villain's After Hours Event tickets for May 1, 2020. We also extended our trip by one night, staying at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, in a Little Mermaid room.

    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

  9. #383

    Received our magic bands for our January trip!!! It is getting real now.

    Missing Disneyland, but looking forward to Disney World!

  10. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Received our magic bands for our January trip!!! It is getting real now.
    Thats always exciting!

  11. #385

    Finally finished my ADRs for my February trip.


  12. #386

    We’re at WDW. Tough sledding out there today but we did accomplish a few firsts for us.
    - ROTR
    - Slinky Dog
    - Test Track
    - Mission: Space
    - Skyliner


    We have one park day left and have yet to get on Flight of Passage or Na’vi River Journey. It’s gonna be tough to accomplish one (much less both) of those. The day we’re going, DAK opens at 9:00 and has a Extra Magic hour at 8:00 and we’re staying offsite. Even if we’re there at rope drop I anticipate Flight of Passage will have a 90+ minute line at 9:00 from the extra magic folks.

    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

  13. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    Were at WDW. Tough sledding out there today but we did accomplish a few firsts for us.
    - ROTR
    - Slinky Dog
    - Test Track
    - Mission: Space
    - Skyliner


    We have one park day left and have yet to get on Flight of Passage or Navi River Journey. Its gonna be tough to accomplish one (much less both) of those. The day were going, DAK opens at 9:00 and has a Extra Magic hour at 8:00 and were staying offsite. Even if were there at rope drop I anticipate Flight of Passage will have a 90+ minute line at 9:00 from the extra magic folks.
    Hope you get to do FoP (assuming you and your group haven't done it before). I know it's not optimal, but if you can get on the line with less than 90 minutes posted, especially since it's such a crowded time, it probably is a decent wait for that ride. I'd consider 90 minutes well worth it if you don't get to FL often. (but I would never wait for some of the even worse times, like when it's 2+ or 3 hours). NRJ is decent, but not as interesting, unless you are big fans of the movie. Unless it's a time optimization thing (like if you can get ton NRJ with a less than hour wait, but FoP is something nuts like 3 hours), I'd definitely pick FoP.

    As I realize I'm writing this right around 9 AM (assuming 12/31 is the last park day you refer to), maybe you are already on line for FoP, and hopefully progressing nicely. Enjoy the remainder of your trip!
    -Dave

  14. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Hope you get to do FoP (assuming you and your group haven't done it before). I know it's not optimal, but if you can get on the line with less than 90 minutes posted, especially since it's such a crowded time, it probably is a decent wait for that ride. I'd consider 90 minutes well worth it if you don't get to FL often. (but I would never wait for some of the even worse times, like when it's 2+ or 3 hours). NRJ is decent, but not as interesting, unless you are big fans of the movie. Unless it's a time optimization thing (like if you can get ton NRJ with a less than hour wait, but FoP is something nuts like 3 hours), I'd definitely pick FoP.
    Agree with this. After doing NRJ once, that was enough for me. Unless I am with a group that has never been on it before and really want to get on, I don't even consider something to do anymore unless there is no wait. FOP is definitely worth a 90 minute if you will not be back for awhile or first time riding.
    Missing Disneyland, but looking forward to Disney World!

  15. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post

    As I realize I'm writing this right around 9 AM (assuming 12/31 is the last park day you refer to), maybe you are already on line for FoP, and hopefully progressing nicely. Enjoy the remainder of your trip!

    New Years Day (tomorrow) is the day we’re in parks. We’re gonna make a run at FoP.
    Thanks for the encouragement Dave. Happy New Year.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

  16. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    New Years Day (tomorrow) is the day were in parks. Were gonna make a run at FoP.
    Thanks for the encouragement Dave. Happy New Year.
    Happy New Year to you and your family as well.

    I'll be an optimist and hope maybe a lot of people will sleep in tomorrow after doing things tonight for NYE and maybe will make the lines a little better at the parks first thing tomorrow morning. Good luck!
    -Dave

  17. #391
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Happy New Year to you and your family as well.

    I'll be an optimist and hope maybe a lot of people will sleep in tomorrow after doing things tonight for NYE and maybe will make the lines a little better at the parks first thing tomorrow morning. Good luck!
    We arrived at DAK at 8:00am. Rope dropped at 8:50. Straight to FoP. Incredible ride and queue. Maybe the GOAT Disney ride. Kilimanjaro Safari next, our second time this trip. Then Gorilla Falls Exploration, and finally Exploration Everest (third time this trip). Back at the car 11:30am. Great morning.

    We are resting up for a final run in Magic Kingdom tonight. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is the main to-do.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

  18. #392

    Glad it worked out so well! That's a really good list of things done at DAK to be done with by 1130.

    -Dave

  19. #393

    I recently booked our Dec 2020 Trip. We are staying at our home resort, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, in a Value room.

    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

  20. #394

    Got almost everything booked for my March trip. I'm holding off on flight for another cycle of my AMEX card. I book FP+s this Sunday!

    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

  21. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Got almost everything booked for my March trip. I'm holding off on flight for another cycle of my AMEX card. I book FP+s this Sunday!
    There you are! Danny Boy, how ya been? Magu not make it to EF&GF this year. We're going to Germany in March. But starting off with a few days at DLP!

  22. #396

    Magu? Hitting the beer a little early, are we?

    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

  23. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Magu? Hitting the beer a little early, are we?
    Haha, I wish! Stupid phone swype has been really glitchy lately...

  24. #398
    Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ventura County, CA

    Finally stopped procrastinating and bought my tickets and linked them to the trip.

    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

  25. #399

    Well, got all my FP+s booked Sunday, but therein hangs a tale -

    I was up bright and early, ready to log in at 5am central time. Logged in, couldn't access my dates in March. I thought I'd just made an error in my time, and puttered around till 6am came. Still no luck. I checked my date, and it was indeed the right date. Then I wondered if my hotel booking had automatically been added to my MDE account. And there was the problem - no, it wasn't. I added it in, and BOOM - I could now access my dates. Course, the really good times for SDMT and SDD were long gone. But I still managed to get pretty much everything else I wanted. Guess I'll have to rope drop those two attractions and hope for the best.

    Moral of the story? ALWAYS check your MDE account to see if your hotel rez is there!

    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

  26. #400

    Opened the Disney email saying that my magic bands have shipped.


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •