Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

Ended up ditching the FP at Epcot and booked FP for MK that late morning/early afternoon. We will take our chances with single rider and waiting in line at Epcot.

Missing Disneyland, but looking forward to Disney World!

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Ended up ditching the FP at Epcot and booked FP for MK that late morning/early afternoon. We will take our chances with single rider and waiting in line at Epcot.
    Good call.

Made hotel and air reservations for an early February trip.

My brother is switching jobs fir a big raise, so there might be a need for a celebration trip coming up...

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    My brother is switching jobs fir a big raise, so there might be a need for a celebration trip coming up...
    Big raise is definitely a reason for a celebration trip!

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    nice
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

Purchased Villain's After Hours Event tickets for May 1, 2020. We also extended our trip by one night, staying at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, in a Little Mermaid room.

Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

Received our magic bands for our January trip!!! It is getting real now.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Received our magic bands for our January trip!!! It is getting real now.
    Thats always exciting!

Finally finished my ADRs for my February trip.

We’re at WDW. Tough sledding out there today but we did accomplish a few firsts for us.
    - ROTR
    - Slinky Dog
    - Test Track
    - Mission: Space
    - Skyliner

We have one park day left and have yet to get on Flight of Passage or Na’vi River Journey. It’s gonna be tough to accomplish one (much less both) of those. The day we’re going, DAK opens at 9:00 and has a Extra Magic hour at 8:00 and we’re staying offsite. Even if we’re there at rope drop I anticipate Flight of Passage will have a 90+ minute line at 9:00 from the extra magic folks.

Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    Were at WDW. Tough sledding out there today but we did accomplish a few firsts for us.
    - ROTR
    - Slinky Dog
    - Test Track
    - Mission: Space
    - Skyliner

We have one park day left and have yet to get on Flight of Passage or Navi River Journey. Its gonna be tough to accomplish one (much less both) of those. The day were going, DAK opens at 9:00 and has a Extra Magic hour at 8:00 and were staying offsite. Even if were there at rope drop I anticipate Flight of Passage will have a 90+ minute line at 9:00 from the extra magic folks.
    Hope you get to do FoP (assuming you and your group haven't done it before). I know it's not optimal, but if you can get on the line with less than 90 minutes posted, especially since it's such a crowded time, it probably is a decent wait for that ride. I'd consider 90 minutes well worth it if you don't get to FL often. (but I would never wait for some of the even worse times, like when it's 2+ or 3 hours). NRJ is decent, but not as interesting, unless you are big fans of the movie. Unless it's a time optimization thing (like if you can get ton NRJ with a less than hour wait, but FoP is something nuts like 3 hours), I'd definitely pick FoP.

As I realize I'm writing this right around 9 AM (assuming 12/31 is the last park day you refer to), maybe you are already on line for FoP, and hopefully progressing nicely. Enjoy the remainder of your trip!
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Hope you get to do FoP (assuming you and your group haven't done it before). I know it's not optimal, but if you can get on the line with less than 90 minutes posted, especially since it's such a crowded time, it probably is a decent wait for that ride. I'd consider 90 minutes well worth it if you don't get to FL often. (but I would never wait for some of the even worse times, like when it's 2+ or 3 hours). NRJ is decent, but not as interesting, unless you are big fans of the movie. Unless it's a time optimization thing (like if you can get ton NRJ with a less than hour wait, but FoP is something nuts like 3 hours), I'd definitely pick FoP.
    Agree with this. After doing NRJ once, that was enough for me. Unless I am with a group that has never been on it before and really want to get on, I don't even consider something to do anymore unless there is no wait. FOP is definitely worth a 90 minute if you will not be back for awhile or first time riding.

As I realize I'm writing this right around 9 AM (assuming 12/31 is the last park day you refer to), maybe you are already on line for FoP, and hopefully progressing nicely. Enjoy the remainder of your trip!

New Years Day (tomorrow) is the day we’re in parks. We’re gonna make a run at FoP.
    Thanks for the encouragement Dave. Happy New Year.
    Your attention, please. The Disneyland Limited now leaving for a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom. Aboaaard!

Quote Originally Posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    New Years Day (tomorrow) is the day were in parks. Were gonna make a run at FoP.
    Thanks for the encouragement Dave. Happy New Year.
    Happy New Year to you and your family as well.

I'll be an optimist and hope maybe a lot of people will sleep in tomorrow after doing things tonight for NYE and maybe will make the lines a little better at the parks first thing tomorrow morning. Good luck!
    -Dave

Happy New Year to you and your family as well.

I'll be an optimist and hope maybe a lot of people will sleep in tomorrow after doing things tonight for NYE and maybe will make the lines a little better at the parks first thing tomorrow morning. Good luck!
    We arrived at DAK at 8:00am. Rope dropped at 8:50. Straight to FoP. Incredible ride and queue. Maybe the GOAT Disney ride. Kilimanjaro Safari next, our second time this trip. Then Gorilla Falls Exploration, and finally Exploration Everest (third time this trip). Back at the car 11:30am. Great morning.

We are resting up for a final run in Magic Kingdom tonight. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is the main to-do.

Glad it worked out so well! That's a really good list of things done at DAK to be done with by 1130.

-Dave

I recently booked our Dec 2020 Trip. We are staying at our home resort, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, in a Value room.

Got almost everything booked for my March trip. I'm holding off on flight for another cycle of my AMEX card. I book FP+s this Sunday!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Got almost everything booked for my March trip. I'm holding off on flight for another cycle of my AMEX card. I book FP+s this Sunday!
    There you are! Danny Boy, how ya been? Magu not make it to EF&GF this year. We're going to Germany in March. But starting off with a few days at DLP!

Magu? Hitting the beer a little early, are we?

- James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Magu? Hitting the beer a little early, are we?
    Haha, I wish! Stupid phone swype has been really glitchy lately...

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

Finally stopped procrastinating and bought my tickets and linked them to the trip.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

Well, got all my FP+s booked Sunday, but therein hangs a tale -

I was up bright and early, ready to log in at 5am central time. Logged in, couldn't access my dates in March. I thought I'd just made an error in my time, and puttered around till 6am came. Still no luck. I checked my date, and it was indeed the right date. Then I wondered if my hotel booking had automatically been added to my MDE account. And there was the problem - no, it wasn't. I added it in, and BOOM - I could now access my dates. Course, the really good times for SDMT and SDD were long gone. But I still managed to get pretty much everything else I wanted. Guess I'll have to rope drop those two attractions and hope for the best.

Moral of the story? ALWAYS check your MDE account to see if your hotel rez is there!

- James Taylor

Opened the Disney email saying that my magic bands have shipped.