Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    MCO is the worst. Pretty much expect at the very least an hour in the screening line. When we went last September, it took almost 2.5 hours to get through screening. Two of the machines went down, with peoples' stuff in them, and they did not even think to redirect those lines somewhere else. They kept everyone in the lines for the broken machines and didn't communicate anything. It took one guy in line to start yelling at the security and actually start coordinating people moving over to open lines to even get people moving in there.
    My husband flies every week so he has had TSA pre for years. The kids and I got it about two years ago just for MCO! It is so worth the $85 to not have to stand in the security line at MCO.
    I’m going with three people in March who not only not have TSA pre but rarely fly so that will be super fun.

2. # ADS

Got a fpp for NRJ, but nothing showing that day for FOP... Yet.

Got FPP for FOP, first time ever! Joey got up in the middle of the night and we lucked out.

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Got FPP for FOP, first time ever! Joey got up in the middle of the night and we lucked out.
    Congrats, such an awesome ride!

My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

Go with the FOP fast pass Andrews brothers. I cannot wait for this ride. If we don’t get FP I will be that mum who has her family at the park at 7am with a breakfast picnic!!!!!!!!!

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Go with the FOP fast pass Andrews brothers. I cannot wait for this ride. If we don’t get FP I will be that mum who has her family at the park at 7am with a breakfast picnic!!!!!!!!!
    I could see you doing this. Biscuits and tea on the lawn...

Nick. My 19 year old is rolling his eyes in agreement. He likes biscuits though

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Nick. My 19 year old is rolling his eyes in agreement. He likes biscuits though
    Haha, who doesn't? And you could bring your own Strongbow from home too!

Maybe not for breakfast.....

Maybe not for breakfast.....
    Oh yeah, it'll be great! Remember, it's happy hour back home!

I booked my FP+s today, and thereby hangs a tale. I forgot all about it, and when I remembered at home this morning I also remembered that the spreadsheet that had my choices on it was at work, not home. I had to be at work early today, and got in a little before 6am central time - a few minutes before my booking window opened. I settled in, was hitting F5 to refresh my screen, and 6am came and went without my dates becoming available. I called Disney, who told me that my hotel rez probably wasn't in my MDE account. Sure enough, it hadn't gone automatically in when I did the hotel rez a few weeks ago. I quickly did it, but the Disney rep told me that it would take about 20 minutes before everything updated, and that she'd be happy to help me with the popular bookings like FOF and Frozen. I booked a couple with her, and then in a few minutes my account updated and I was able to book the rest of them. I still managed to get everything I wanted, but the moral of the story is to make sure your hotel rez is in the system before you start on those 60-day-out FP+s.

Dan

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Haha that's a good one Dan! I got a one night room this trip through Expedia, expecting to have to call Disney and get it added but to my surprise it linked up automatically right away.

I think they've automatically gone in before, which was why I was surprised this time. Ah well, it all worked out.

Dan

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

My terramundi holiday spending money pot was full so I cracked it open. The grand total in there is 1,135 (GB pounds). That will cover all our tips, any appetisers and alcohol at meals and Uber’s so I’m very happy with that result ? It of course won’t stretch to a 19 and 16 year old in a US shopping mall of course which for reasons beyond my comprehension they find a very fun way to pass a day in Orlando.

Avoid malls at all costs!

It has been a great morning. We booked our flights on SW, since the booking window opened up this morning. I also booked our rental car using my Hilton Honors points (free week). Finally, I called DVC to add a night and modify our stay. Now our dates are Oct 14-18.

Shawn
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani

Nice work Shawn. Izzat the big kids only trip?

Got notice our Magicbands shipped out. For the one night we're on property at Coronado (1st stay there for me)...

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Nice work Shawn. Izzat the big kids only trip?
    It was supposed to be, but my daughter used her special powers. She is going with us. However, I do have 3 trips planned in 2019. One with my son (father-son trip); graduation trip with the wife and daughter for her graduation present, and an adult only fall trip with the wife. Next year will be awesome.
    Shawn
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    It was supposed to be, but my daughter used her special powers. She is going with us. However, I do have 3 trips planned in 2019. One with my son (father-son trip); graduation trip with the wife and daughter for her graduation present, and an adult only fall trip with the wife. Next year will be awesome.
    Sweet, I see our influence has improved the company financial outlook for next year...

Today marked our 7-month window and I was able to change resorts from Animal Kingdom Villas to the Boardwalk Villas, so we could be closer to Epcot.

Shawn

We got our new Magicbands the other day. But Disney's computer system is screwing with our FPP selections for the eighth. They had better not screw with the FOP ones!

Just booked Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Tuesday, October 16.

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    Just booked Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Tuesday, October 16.
    Sweet! That is such a great time.

Picked up some gift cards at Sam's club for the whopping 3.2% discount...

Booked FP this morning!!! Got everything we wanted. We got FP for FOP on the second evening we are there. Then we got a FP for NRJ for the morning of the day we head out. I figured this would be a good way to see Pandora at night and also during the day.

Disneyland will always be home, but WDW is starting to win me over.