Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

Waiting impatiently for next trip quackinup's Avatar

FP+ complete. Now comes the tweaking.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!
    Next trip: Disney World May 1-9 2020

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

ADRs made, probably will do some tweaking later.
    Flights booked. We are all going down together onSaturday, Sarah goes home Monday and the boy leaves Thursday. DH & I will come home Sunday. with the price drop I saved about $500 on what I had estimated from previous trips.
    September 5-13, 2020.

Planning the next WDW trip for the boys 21st Birthday....
    ~Katrina

I booked my FP+ yesterday morning for our May 11th trip. I am pretty much sure that my work conference is getting canceled and along with that trip. So I will now have a convention ticket for my daughter but no convention. I wonder if they will allow me to extend it out to our possible September trip.

Missing Disneyland, but looking forward to Disney World!

My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

Booked our flights for our Sept trip. Can make ADR’s on March 20.

Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

Got my AP extended by at least 16 days to help chances of making F&W before renewal. Sweet!

Sorry for those who had to cancel unexpectedly...that really sucks! We barely made our 4 days at DLP with no disruption and short lines before they closed...

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    Got my AP extended by at least 16 days to help chances of making F&W before renewal. Sweet!

Sorry for those who had to cancel unexpectedly...that really sucks! We barely made our 4 days at DLP with no disruption and short lines before they closed...
    Glad to hear you guys made it back OK. Been wondering how close your trip was when the level of this situation ramped up, and if you had returned before the heightened travel insanity/screenings/etc.

Not a "today" accomplishment, but I made reservations for hotel last week for mid-May. We will see if that holds. If the 8 week guideline for no large gatherings is held to, it will be borderline. Got some decent FP+ for the days, but obviously all TBD now.

Everyone stay healthy/safe.
    -Dave

Actually still in Germany. On the train to Frankfurt now, flying home tomorrow. Hopefully. Been awesome thus far, castles everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Actually still in Germany. On the train to Frankfurt now, flying home tomorrow. Hopefully. Been awesome thus far, castles everywhere!
    Best of luck traveling home. Hope to hear about your DLP visit.

Made my Fast Pass reservations today. We will see if the parks are open by mid-May.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd0 View Post
    Best of luck traveling home. Hope to hear about your DLP visit.
    It was awesome!

Have a safe trip home.
    -Dave

Safe travels. Seen some of the pics you posted of the castles on IG and Facebook. Looks like you guys are having a great time. The wife and I are talking about a trip to Europe in a few years; once we get our daughter out of college.
    Past Trips: 2006-POR; 2008-POP; 2009-CBR; 2010-VB/AKV Kidani; 2010-BLT; 2011-BWV; 2011-AKV Kidani; 2013-BCV/BLT; 2014-AKL Jambo (Concierge); 2015-SSR/OKW; 2016 BCV/AKV Kidani; 2018 BWV; 2019 Mar-BLT/Sept-AKV Jambo

Finished my final 2 days of FP+ that I ended up not doing with the rest when my 60 days came up. Still TBD of course with COVID-19 if the parks are re-opened by mid May and I also don't think it's crazy to do a trip by then.

I may try to make an ADR or 2 just in case it does happen. Had one already to try Topilino, but hadn't done others. Tried a few hours ago and system didn't show any available times at any restaurants (the whole list). I'm guessing it was just a system maintenance thing since my dates are well outside the absolute closure dates. Though I did note the website just says "until further notice" for the closure right now. (think we can all agree it was not going to be April 1 the way the last 2 weeks have played out, so Disney seems to have acknowledged that and the fluidity of the situation now)

Everyone stay safe!

-Dave

One of the WDW reporting Twitter accounts is reporting that they are only accepting ADR and hotel reservations for June 1st and later.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    One of the WDW reporting Twitter accounts is reporting that they are only accepting ADR and hotel reservations for June 1st and later.
    Thanks for the info.
    -Dave

Not an accomplishment really, but an update on my mid May proposed trip (which I am pretty sure I would have eventually decided against in any case at this point).

My visit is now officially cancelled by the Hotel I had reserved (and I am not trying to whine about, just update the situation). Wasn't a WDW owned hotel, so I don't know if Disney itself is yet officially proceeding down this path for dates after April 30, but my Disney Springs hotel is now closed until further notice, so I received a cancellation in my email today. I would assume others most likely shall be for this time frame as well, if they have not already. (I was May 12-17)

Everyone stay safe!

-Dave