Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

Awesome news, 'cat! I really look forward to planning next trip with Joey, but this move to San Antonio next month might make me miss Food and Wine this year unless we can sneak in a long weekend cheap...

2. # ADS

My WDW trip accomplishments of the day part 5

As all planned holidays for this year are over we had a major luggage/travel items clear and tidy up. Four suitcases have gone to the tip. All the luggage labels and suitcase straps and packing cubes and travel adaptors etc are neatly sorted out. Found my holiday wallet. $235 left over there from our last trip. That made me happy as it will probably cover at least half of our meal tips.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    As all planned holidays for this year are over we had a major luggage/travel items clear and tidy up. Four suitcases have gone to the tip. All the luggage labels and suitcase straps and packing cubes and travel adaptors etc are neatly sorted out. Found my holiday wallet. $235 left over there from our last trip. That made me happy as it will probably cover at least half of our meal tips.
    That's a lot of eating!

There will be four of us, kids 19 and 16, on the dining plan for two weeks. The tips are horrendous over that period. I generally budget $400 for them but it could be more depending how much alcohol we buy additionally. That said DS won't be able to have a beer will he? That's going to make him pretty mad now I think about it.........

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Why can't he have a beer? They will just bill it separately from the meal. Disney is not known to refuse a dollar. Or eight in this case...

I thought he had to be 21 to drink in the USA? It's 18 here in the U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    I thought he had to be 21 to drink in the USA? It's 18 here in the U.K.
    Oh yeah, that's true. Get him a fake ID!

I most certainly will not! It will really irritate him though.

Okay, new news! I got airline tickets for Joey and I from San Antonio November 9-12 so we can catch the end of Food & Wine Fest '17!

I knew you couldn't stay away!

Dan
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I knew you couldn't stay away!
    Not much of a surprise, is it?

6 days left and I'm feelin' good about today's accomplishments: followed up with Disney Dining to make sure our food allergies are noted on relevant reservations, added my email address to my online hotel check-in so I'll get our resort map in my inbox, and noted all my flight details on my phone's new notepad app (how did I not realize Android OS doesn't come with a stock notebook app?!?) so that I don't have to go digging for papers in the airport. And, when i get home, most of my trip-related Amazon deliveries will be waiting to be unboxed, tried on (where applicable), and packed!

But I'm neurotic so if anyone wants to remind me of all the things I've probably forgotten to prep or pack, that'd be super! :P

Three words for you: Five Hour Energy...

And sunscreen and camera batteries and filters, portable tripod, etc.

Made room reservations for free two nights off-site across from Disney Springs using Expedia gold points earned by making work reservations!

Finally got my butt in gear for making F&W plans in late September (though too late for FP+ for Avatar FoP, at this point, naturally - I'll have to go early one morning and deal with Standby this trip - not the end of the world ).

Splitting one night at AoA with 4 at POFQ (first time for both). Need to still make one for off-site near the Airport for night before my intended return flight, but that should be pretty easy.

Still considering ADRs (but will likely not do too many due to F&W) and planning FP+ selections.

-Dave

Blog Entries

My DME packet came today!! The Magic Bands should be created tomorrow.
    Getting close!!!

~Katrina

Paid my trip balance in full.

Received email that my Magic bands have shipped.

Blog Entries

Magic Bands are here!!
    So close!

~Katrina

Received my Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party tickets!

Got my purple Magic Band in the mail a couple days ago. Fighting the urge to wear it to work!

Dan
    - James Taylor

Got my purple Magic Band in the mail a couple days ago. Fighting the urge to wear it to work!
    Go ahead and wear it. When someone asks what time it is just look at it and say it's happy hour at the Rose and Crown...

Nice!!!

Dan
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    Go ahead and wear it. When someone asks what time it is just look at it and say it's happy hour at the Rose and Crown...
    Nice!!!
    I see a Disney marketing opportunity : a Rose and Crown Magicband.

(I'm mostly kidding, but I will be amused if it comes to be. They did the 45th bands (classic attractions) for MK, so I can almost imagine Epcot doing something similar for their 35th, and making them for the various countries around WS would be sort of neat)

On Topic: Made my rental car reservation today for my visit at the end of the month. The posts in the Hurricane Irma thread regarding rental cars being an issue in flooded areas made me figure it was not smart to wait any longer. (had just not gotten to it yet, didn't have any rate strategy in mind or anything like that). Hoping that paying for the rental up front combined with my frequent rental club status might help me if there is any sort of moderate shortage in a little over two weeks. (Assuming of course that the next hurricanes forming don't hit around then)
    -Dave

Received my Magic Bands today!