Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Opening for Railroad & Rivers of America -when?

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    I heard they were testing the Mark Twain around the island - does this mean it's opening up again soon?
    There was an announcement post earlier today (link to Disney Parks blog). Link to MP link to DPB .

Everything that was shut down should be back up between tomorrow and the end of July.

Tomorrow (June 16) for Tom Sawyer Island, July 17 for Fantasmic and July 29 for the Mark Twain, Columbia, Davey Crockett Canoes and Disneyland Railroad.
    -Dave

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    There was an announcement post earlier today (link to Disney Parks blog). Link to MP link to DPB .

Everything that was shut down should be back up between tomorrow and the end of July.

Tomorrow (June 16) for Tom Sawyer Island, July 17 for Fantasmic and July 29 for the Mark Twain, Columbia, Davey Crockett Canoes and Disneyland Railroad.
    Perfect timing for our Aug trip

Thanks
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Was there this last weekend (+ Mon, Tues). Rode the train a couple times. Nice. They were running several trains and it all seemed to be going smooth. Wait time for the next train was the typical minimum of 10 minutes.

Now, I don't really like to complain, but here goes. Does anyone have an idea why they don't go ahead and fill up the train when there are still a lot of people waiting in the line? I understand if there are just a couple seats here and there and they don't really want to be bugging people to move closer and fill up all available seats, especially if its hot. But there were large areas of open seats and they closed the gates to the line and we were just waiting there for several minutes before starting to move. So it wasn't that it was time to start the train, or that there weren't another 50 seats available. Seems rather arbitrary (specially if you are the one waiting in line).

On the second trip I did we were in the front car. 3/4 of it was open and there were a bunch of people in line but they closed the gate and we sat for several minutes. I thought that maybe they were load balancing and the next stop (Tomorrowland) had a lot of people waiting, so they kept some space to accommodate the next area. But no, there were just about 3 people at the next stop. So, what's up with that? It seems so hard to board the train at Toontown. And when they won't fill up the train and you have to wait for 3 of them to come it seems like its not a good plan.

From my understanding on why it may not fill up each time is that they have a schedule to go by and keep too. So after so many minutes they have to close the gate and move on.

A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

I'll add to Berry Princess's statement by saying those "several minutes" you waited before the train started again are for safety checks. So they do keep to a schedule and only have so long to allow for loading before they need to do all checks and move forward.

And I agree Toontown is probably my most problematic station to load at. Not sure if it's logistics of the station or location in the park. Tomorrowland station is out of the way and I always forget it's there until we are making the loop.