Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: New AP holder, 3rd trip in 3 weeks

New AP holder, 3rd trip in 3 weeks

Purchased a Signature Plus Annual Pass for my wife for Christmas. A bonus is the 13 months. We activated on 12/26, went again on 1/1 and 1/14. Next trip is 1/21.

Arrived at the parking structure at about 830pm, went up to the Mickey level and drove around the edge and parked 2 spots from the escalator. There were lots of people leaving and almost nobody coming in.

We decided to do some scouting for rides for our grand daughter and started with the tea cups. The wait was only a few minutes. We then went to Alice in Wonderland and the wait was about 20.

We went to Big Thunder and picked up fast passes and then went toward Splash Mountain. We saw Pirates had NO LINE at all and walked right in. About that time 3 women going together entered the line with us. They said they had a fast pass good for 6 and wanted to go to HyperSpace Mountain and invited us. That was nice of them. We offered to send them the photos from the photo pass and after HyperSpace Mountain we went over the Splash Mountain. The line was empty. Not one person in front of us. We filled a boat and off we went. They screamed the entire time, I think they were having a good time. At the end of the ride the operator sent us through again without getting out. We did a third round, exchanged phone numbers and parted. It was a lot of fun with them.

It was 11:40 and we headed to Big Thunder and our fast pass was not needed, they just waived anyone in. There was no wait. On our way out we went to the Matterhorn and walked right on and that was the last ride of the night just before midnight.

We go to the car about 12:40 and headed over to In-and-Out for a late hamburger. The place was pretty busy at 1am and there were a number of theme park workers there.

Overall it was a good trip, I was surprised to see the park empty on a holiday weekend. I suppose it will be busier today and tomorrow.

Our next trip is the evening of 1/21 and we have reservations for the Blue Bayou. I have never been there.Attachment 9035

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by binki; 01-15-2017 at 09:25 AM.

2. # ADS

Sounds like you are really appreciating your new AP It's great that you can arrive later in the evening when the crowds can be thinning. Enjoy!

I forgot to mention when we got there a large crowd was waiting for the fireworks. A while later we heard it announced that it would be cancelled for weather. There was no rain but probably wind. So much for sitting there 2 hours.

For this week it looks like rain Thursday and Friday with a breal on Saturday. Good for us, we will be there Saturday evening.