Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Disneyland expands Fastpass, debuts MaxPass

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Have a feeling the reason why the AP pricing side is not quite out yet is they don't think it will be big for Ap's.

Have always felt that AP is kind of a Fastpass in the concept of: "Oh. Too packed... Will ride next time in the park's."
    See, I think it completely depends on how they price this. They want it cheap enough that a lot of APs will spend the money, but not so cheap that they all do and the Fastpasses are all gone by 10am. If they make this $1 to $3 per day, I could see it being very popular with AP holders. For $10, much less so. I have no idea where that bright line will be between a cash cow to Disney and an abysmal failure due to overuse. I get the sense that the $10 "introductory rate" may increase once it catches on. They have to be much more careful with an introductory rate for AP holders who complain loudly when anything perceived as an entitlement is taken away or the price increased. If I were Disney, I would probably either start high for AP pricing or tier it based on the level of passes with the Signature/Sig+ paying less since they already have the photos included.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Have a feeling the reason why the AP pricing side is not quite out yet is they don't think it will be big for Ap's.

Have always felt that AP is kind of a Fastpass in the concept of: "Oh. Too packed... Will ride next time in the park's."
    I don't think this is true. Locals may say I'll ride it next time, but many APs do not live locally. And even the locals want to ride the best rides sometimes, because honestly the rides where the FP run out are pretty much the same ones each day.

I think it would be smart of Disney to make the add on for the APs reasonably price, around $50 per AP (the same cost to add to a 5-day ticket). If it is reasonably priced more APs will purchase it. And if more APs purchase it then more vacationers and one day visitors will have to purchase it too just to stay up with the demand.

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblebeeonarose View Post
    I don't think this is true. Locals may say I'll ride it next time, but many APs do not live locally. And even the locals want to ride the best rides sometimes, because honestly the rides where the FP run out are pretty much the same ones each day.

I think it would be smart of Disney to make the add on for the APs reasonably price, around $50 per AP (the same cost to add to a 5-day ticket). If it is reasonably priced more APs will purchase it. And if more APs purchase it then more vacationers and one day visitors will have to purchase it too just to stay up with the demand.
    Locals riding it next time may have been true when gate prices were lower. Today I don't think that's true. I would think their number of visits per year has gone down. (Or moved to lower price days only).

As far as an AP price the annual will be something high but the math per visit will make it seem a deal. It will all depend on how many times u visit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

I would expect the price for this to increase with the opening of Star Wars Land.

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."
    -Winnie the Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland addict13 View Post
    I would expect the price for this to increase with the opening of Star Wars Land.
    Probably will increase well before that since it does say the $10 price is introductory. So they could up it a week after its out or a month or longer. Yet that will be when it starts to really show if people will be willing to pay for this or not once the introductory price goes away.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Has a timeframe been announced of when Toy Story Midway Mania and Matterhorn will get FP?

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
    Has a timeframe been announced of when Toy Story Midway Mania and Matterhorn will get FP?
    All that was said was later this year. Which I am guessing they will be up with FP when the digital is more than likely. At least that is how it was sounding to me.

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyland addict13 View Post
    They should have a FP for the land, then for each attraction (a la WWHP). Don't really want that gridlock, though u never know these days if they realize it.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

So is Disneyworld going to get rid of the magic bands?

This sounds like something that could be similar to it.....

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    So is Disneyworld going to get rid of the magic bands?

This sounds like something that could be similar to it.....
    I doubt it since they just debuted new magic bands

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    I doubt it since they just debuted new magic bands
    Right, and the Magic Bands do a lot more than just FP+

I would prefer it just be part of the price of the annual pass

Blog Entries

I had a thought today after reading the update. I had assumed that fastpass between two parks was not connected . So you could get a Space Mountain fastpass and then shoot over to DCA to get an RSR fastpass. Now with MaxPass, the fact that you can get one for DCA while u are in Disneyland - does that mean all systems are connected? So that the two hour rule (or start of next fastpass) is resort wide? Or was it always that way?

olegc, you could always grab one in each park and hold it. They were never connected together. Unless this has changed in recent times but I don't really see why it would. I just think doing that with the app is another way for them to try to entice more to use it though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    olegc, you could always grab one in each park and hold it. They were never connected together. Unless this has changed in recent times but I don't really see why it would. I just think doing that with the app is another way for them to try to entice more to use it though.
    well - when the discussion of "value" occurs for AP holders - this could be it. Saving such a big walk would free you from having to traverse crowds or other things to get FP at another location in the other park.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    well - when the discussion of "value" occurs for AP holders - this could be it. Saving such a big walk would free you from having to traverse crowds or other things to get FP at another location in the other park.
    Agree and I know I won't use it but there are many that might at the intro price. The questions after the intro though will be what will the regular price end up at and how many will be willing to pay for that per person or the price of it to add to the AP for the year? Will be interesting to see how this goes.

I had a thought today after reading the update. I had assumed that fastpass between two parks was not connected . So you could get a Space Mountain fastpass and then shoot over to DCA to get an RSR fastpass. Now with MaxPass, the fact that you can get one for DCA while u are in Disneyland - does that mean all systems are connected? So that the two hour rule (or start of next fastpass) is resort wide? Or was it always that way?

To my knowledge, the two parks' FastPass systems are not connected, so you can do what you described, get a paper Space Mountain FP and then cross immediately over and grab a Racers one. However now I wonder what will happen after MaxPass goes online. If you paid to use MaxPass, you can only hold one FastPass at a time resort wide, right? Then, will the paper system subsequently follow and be tied together so a park guest can NOT do the above scenario anymore, hold a paper SM and a paper RSR FastPass at the same time, if they're choosing to do it the old school way without MaxPass? If they don't tie the two parks' FastPass machines' networks, that may be one advantage to not paying for MaxPass...if you enjoy doing a lotta walking that is.
    "The show must…"/"Go on!" - Shakespeare in Love

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    To my knowledge, the two parks' FastPass systems are not connected, so you can do what you described, get a paper Space Mountain FP and then cross immediately over and grab a Racers one. However now I wonder what will happen after MaxPass goes online. If you paid to use MaxPass, you can only hold one FastPass at a time resort wide, right? Then, will the paper system subsequently follow and be tied together so a park guest can NOT do the above scenario anymore, hold a paper SM and a paper RSR FastPass at the same time, if they're choosing to do it the old school way without MaxPass? If they don't tie the two parks' FastPass machines' networks, that may be one advantage to not paying for MaxPass...if you enjoy doing a lotta walking that is.
    That was essentially my discussion point. If MaxPass not "connected" it saves.a.walk - though I think it will be connected.

That was essentially my discussion point. If MaxPass not "connected" it saves.a.walk - though I think it will be connected.
    Keep in mind that there already is some level of connection between the two systems. You only have to have entered one of the parks to get a Fastpass in the other park. I have gone into DCA with a group and picked up a fastpass. I then took everyone's tickets and ran into Disneyland (leaving the group that has not yet entered Disneyland that day) and picked up fastpasses for the entire group and then returned to DCA.

I've read here that the two parks will be connected, as in you could stand on Main Street and book FP's for DL and for DCA. I read on another site, however, that when you stand on Main Street you can only book FP's in DL - you have to actually be in DCA to book DCA attractions. I guess we'll see . . .

Dan
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I've read here that the two parks will be connected, as in you could stand on Main Street and book FP's for DL and for DCA. I read on another site, however, that when you stand on Main Street you can only book FP's in DL - you have to actually be in DCA to book DCA attractions. I guess we'll see . . .
    That would mean you would have to have the GPS activated on your phone. I know some people get kind of wound up about that.

I wonder if DL will ever go free wifi?

I think it's going to be that way anyway. You can't get a FP+ if you're not actually in a park, so they have to have some way of knowing where you are.

Dan
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I think it's going to be that way anyway. You can't get a FP+ if you're not actually in a park, so they have to have some way of knowing where you are.
    Now we just need to create an app that makes it look like you are where ever you assign it then you can get FP on your way to the Park.

Blog Entries

I read a post today about Fastpass and connecting them all on one network. Since this was not Disney's post (it was Disneyland Periscope on twitter) you can't say its 100% accurate. The claim was that all attractions in both parks will be on one network as of April 6th. I don't know if that date is accurate - but I know its been discussed as what to do once MaxPASS comes into place. I guess if anything you have to assume all attractions will now be on one network. Interesting...

Hmm wasn't it said before that with MaxPass if you were in Disneyland but wanted a FP for a ride in DCA you would be able to grab one? Which IMO I thought shouldn't be done but figured it was Disney's way of trying to get guests to want to use it if they had APs or park hoppers. So if all end up connected one as one from both parks there would be no more grabbing of certain ones in one park then jumping to the other for others. I agree it is interesting if this is the case. By doing it soon they would be getting guests used to this chance now instead of once MaxPass started.

Hopefully I was understanding it right...mind is in a fog right now. LOL