Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Disney New Year's Resolutions

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Disney New Year's Resolutions

My Disney Top 5 - Disney New Year's Resolutions by Chris Barry

Chris makes some promises he hopes to keep in 2017.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Maybe it's time this summer to head out to Anaheim, finally see Disneyland, and while I'm at it soak up all the Disney goodness at the 2017 D23 Expo.
    I like how you sneaked that in under your D23 event resolution, but I'd suggest that should be the heading rather than the afterthought!

True, the flight from the East Coast to the West Coast is much more of a pain than the flight to FL, but it's worth doing at least once. If you are worried about things to do other than DL and DCA, there are obviously other local attractions(Knotts, Universal, etc), and also some good things a within a 2 hour drive south (San Diego Zoo and/or Safari Park, SD Sea World (though smaller than Orlando), etc.)
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post

True, the flight from the East Coast to the West Coast is much more of a pain than the flight to FL, but it's worth doing at least once
    The flight from NYC to LAX is only about 2 hours longer than the flight to MCO and there are often great deals available on airfare. Last time I went, I was on a 6am flight and was in the park at noon (with the time difference.) I say go for it--You won't regret it!

Wow Chris, I really love your writing. It's an odd infatuation but rather justified. There's so much emotion placed into all of your articles that it truly exites me whenever you post.
    I do hope 2017 goes the way you want it to

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    I like how you sneaked that in under your D23 event resolution, but I'd suggest that should be the heading rather than the afterthought!

True, the flight from the East Coast to the West Coast is much more of a pain than the flight to FL, but it's worth doing at least once. If you are worried about things to do other than DL and DCA, there are obviously other local attractions(Knotts, Universal, etc), and also some good things a within a 2 hour drive south (San Diego Zoo and/or Safari Park, SD Sea World (though smaller than Orlando), etc.)
    No thinly veiled sneaking at play here. I NEED, not want …to go to Disneyland and finally see the place. But if I do go, I might as well pair it with a major D23 event! I also have enough points through the Disney Movie Rewards to qualify for a tour of the Walt Disney Studios.
    I have no worry other than paying for it and taking the time to actually get out there!!

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by worldlover71 View Post
    The flight from NYC to LAX is only about 2 hours longer than the flight to MCO and there are often great deals available on airfare. Last time I went, I was on a 6am flight and was in the park at noon (with the time difference.) I say go for it--You won't regret it!
    I am quite sure I won't regret it.

MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessmajesty View Post
    Wow Chris, I really love your writing. It's an odd infatuation but rather justified. There's so much emotion placed into all of your articles that it truly exites me whenever you post.
    I do hope 2017 goes the way you want it to
    Thanks so much for the kind words. I write for you guys not just for myself, so it's a pleasure to hear that the emotions come through. That is the goal.
    Happy 2017 to you and yours.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    No thinly veiled sneaking at play here. I NEED, not want …to go to Disneyland and finally see the place. But if I do go, I might as well pair it with a major D23 event! I also have enough points through the Disney Movie Rewards to qualify for a tour of the Walt Disney Studios.
    I have no worry other than paying for it and taking the time to actually get out there!!
    I was sort of using the word "sneaked" a little bit tongue in cheek . I was pretty sure I had remembered reading either another column of yours or maybe just a post in a thread about you having never been to DL.

If you do make it out there for the D23 event, I hope they re-open the Disneyland RR and the Rivers of America attractions by then. (right now I think they just say "summer 2017", which could be pushing it for the D23 dates). I'm sure all the things that are a little different and would be nice to see are already in your mind, I can't help but recommend seeing Fantasmic! at DL, and I'd also recommend the other River attractions, especially the canoes since they don't have those at WDW.

Hoping you get to execute this year on that particular resolution!
    -Dave