Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I wish I was

Today I wish I was

Starting a new string on this thread before Tony can get in on it...

Nick Andrews, DL misc74-76,85,91,12/11,1/13, WDW 78,83,85,1/92-8/92,95,99,04x8,5/11,2/12, 9/12,6/13,3/14,11/14,3/15,9/15,4/16,9/16,12/16,4/17,11/17,4/18,10/18,1/19,5/19,10/19, 2/20, 9/20, 1/21, DLP 3/20
    Magic Kingdom Cast Member 1/92-8/92 (WDW CP) 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

2. # ADS

Today I wish I was preparing for a trip within a few weeks to check out all the holiday decorations in the World.

(I was going to say I wish I was there right now, but I've been in early November twice and would like to see more of the resort stuff that goes up a bit later, such as the Gingerbread Houses and other lobby decorations at many of them).

-Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Today I wish I was preparing for a trip within a few weeks to check out all the holiday decorations in the World.

(I was going to say I wish I was there right now, but I've been in early November twice and would like to see more of the resort stuff that goes up a bit later, such as the Gingerbread Houses and other lobby decorations at many of them).
    It is definitely magical to see all the ginormous trees and decorations for Christmas! I will be sad to miss the Osborne lights at studios...it was so captivating to just stop and enjoy the season at any point along the Streets of America.
    What is going up in there place will also be special in a different way, but I hope they find a new location for the lights at EPCOT or Disney Springs.
    Joey

Quote Originally Posted by nickjandrews View Post
    I knew you would get this. I was eyeing it.

...resort hopping and checking out all of the Christmas decorations, especially the Gingerbread houses.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmerdel View Post
    I knew you would get this. I was eyeing it.

...resort hopping and checking out all of the Christmas decorations, especially the Gingerbread houses.
    It was my turn!

Be sure to report on all the awesome holiday decor for us. Can't wait to see it myself, so I wish I was going to The World to see the decor...

Did we already break the news that Pot Roast is no more at Liberty Tree Tavern? Going to have to wear a black veil when we eat in there from now on...dark times indeed.
    I just rediscovered this gem a few weeks ago. And man, that pot roast was incredible! Top off any meal with ooey gooey Toffee Cake and you have the perfect meal!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by josephbandrews View Post
    It is definitely magical to see all the ginormous trees and decorations for Christmas! I will be sad to miss the Osborne lights at studios...it was so captivating to just stop and enjoy the season at any point along the Streets of America.
    What is going up in there place will also be special in a different way, but I hope they find a new location for the lights at EPCOT or Disney Springs.
    I'm missing the Osborne Lights as well. Being a relative WDW newbie compared to most here, my first trip to see the lights was 2014. I loved them so much that I felt the need to return in 2015, especially when it was confirmed it was going to be their last year. For both trips, I overlapped with the end of the F&W festival, since I like to try to maximize what I can experience when there is an overlap of special events. I didn't arrange to do a Christmas trip this year, partially because of doing a last minute trip in early October to see the MSEP live in FL one last time.

I'd love to see the Osborne Lights transfer to a new location as well. Unfortunately the relative low use of the SOA area was exactly what made it possible to have them there without impacting major attractions in a negative way. A CM mentioned to me that he thought they had not terminated whatever agreement they had with the Osborne family (licensing, or whatever the arrangement was to host the show @ DHS), so maybe there is hope they are trying to think up a good new home. The Springs would seem like a good idea, but it most likely needs to be in a park to generate revenue, which DS obviously would not. Around World Showcase would be really cool, but it would obviously impact Illuminations in some way (maybe they could just halt the lights for the nightly Illuminations show?). Wishing upon a Star for their eventual return..... .

Today I wish I was checking out DAK after dark since I missed it my last trip due to Hurricane Andrew.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1313 View Post
    Today I wish I was checking out DAK after dark since I missed it my last trip due to Hurricane Andrew.
    Andrew, wasn't that like '92?

Dave meant Hurricane Andrews... cause we were enjoying DAK after dark and winning all those prizes in Dinoland.... Probably the first time I sank a basketball in a decade and got multiples... Had to leave the larger stuffed dinos in the room.
    Joey

PS... Tonight wishing we were winding down at the Wilderness Lodge at the hot tub (sans ol' faithful jr. soaking our stuff) watching the Electric Water Pageant...

Joey

Dave meant Hurricane Andrews... cause we were enjoying DAK after dark and winning all those prizes in Dinoland.... Probably the first time I sank a basketball in a decade and got multiples... Had to leave the larger stuffed dinos in the room.
    Haha I think I remember that... Put little dinos. Maybe Mousekeeping left them for the next family.

PS... Tonight wishing we were winding down at the Wilderness Lodge at the hot tub (sans ol' faithful jr. soaking our stuff) watching the Electric Water Pageant...
    Good times, man, good times! After I win lottery I'm staying at WL suites for a month.

Oops... That's what I get for typing while waiting for dinner to finish cooking... Matthew, Andrew, Tomatoe, Potato.... . Right now I wish I could edit a post more than 30 minutes old!

Today I wish I was starting the day with a launch on Rockin' Roller Coaster after a quick breakfast sandwich at Trolley Car Cafe instead of thinking about going to work.
    -Dave

I figured it was time to let someone else get the glory! lol
    Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

Today I wish I was still in WDW instead of being back home!

Tony S.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethemouse View Post
    Today I wish I was still in WDW instead of being back home!
    That's really the worst part, isn't it? The Post-Disney Detox. Extremely difficult to care at all about anything at work, etc until you start planning your next trip, even if only in your head.
    Last edited by nickjandrews; 11-22-2016 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Spelling

That's really the worst part, isn't it? The Post-Disney Detox. Extremely difficult to care at all about anything at work, etc until you start planning your next trip, even if only in your head.
    Fortunately, I'm planning my next trip in my head. My daughter starts the college program on January 23, so I'm thinking a February or early March trip is in order. With her discount I might finally stay at the Polynesian again for the first time in forever!
    Tony S.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethemouse View Post
    Fortunately, I'm planning my next trip in my head. My daughter starts the college program on January 23, so I'm thinking a February or early March trip is in order. With her discount I might finally stay at the Polynesian again for the first time in forever!
    That would be sweet. Never stayed at the Poly, yet. I don't remember if we got room discounts back when I was in the CP.

Today, I wish I was racing Shawn and Co around to check out the holiday food kiosks at Epcot.

Seeing Osborne Lights off the beaten path so to speak...stretching from the side of Nemo around past the Land and covering the whole entry way up to the Land and up past Journey, stretching back around towards the normal locale of the butterfly house and Chew Collective--maybe spanning up past the Electric Umbrella and between Innoventions East and West. Would it be feasible to have pedobike carriage tours around that course or an electric tractor drawn hay ride?

Joey

Seeing Osborne Lights off the beaten path so to speak...stretching from the side of Nemo around past the Land and covering the whole entry way up to the Land and up past Journey, stretching back around towards the normal locale of the butterfly house and Chew Collective--maybe spanning up past the Electric Umbrella and between Innoventions East and West. Would it be feasible to have pedobike carriage tours around that course or an electric tractor drawn hay ride?
    That's an interesting thought! Some of the items that used to be on the roofs of the SOA buildings (or the globe and the angels, etc.) would look great on the roof of Innoventions.

Not sure on the carriage tours or hayrides though.. . I'm actually afraid it might even be too congested to have it at all over in Epcot, even though the overall space is probably big enough, the flow to get around might be impacted too much. (think Soarin' crowds) Though maybe (we can hope) that if the scenes were spread out, it wouldn't seem quite as crazy crowded as SOA was at peak times. I've wondered about spreading out around all of World Showcase, but it might take too much away from the traditional decor for each country.

Today I wish I was checking out the newly re-opened BTMR after dark, followed by closing out the day with a peaceful ferry ride back to the TTC.
    -Dave

I'll tell you what - having just walked through the new Disney Springs I can see definite opportunity to do the Osborne Lights there. I'm sure the merchants would love it as it would bring in lots of business, and therefore increased revenue for Disney as well.
    Tony S.

Today I wish I was

^ but wouldn't the shops have to turn off their own frontage lights and signs meaning shoppers couldn't see what they are? I'm not so sure how good for business that would really be?

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was missing the Osborne lights today, so put on my "It's a Wrap" passholder shirt from 2015

Cathy

Going for my Goddaughters first trip tomorrow to ride BTMRR with her and her folks... They were supposed to go last month and had to reschedule...

Joey