Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend - September 21 - 24, 2017

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2017 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend - September 21 - 24, 2017

Dates are confirmed on the runDisney FB site for the 2017 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon weekend. Still unknown is if a 10k (and challenge) will be added or when registration will open (the 2016 race registration opened in October 2015 but so far for 2017 we just have dates). Stay tuned here for more details as they come available.

Keep in mind that the Disneyland Paris 25th anniversary celebration kicks off April 2017. We'll see if they run their anniversary celebrations as long as they do in the States but hopefully there will be overlap in the celebration and the half marathon weekend.

Anyone planning on venturing over the pond for the 2017 race(s)?

RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

2. # ADS

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

Not us. While it was well enough operated visiting Disneyland Paris three times in 8 years was about two times too many. So just a basic race won't pull us back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex S. View Post
    Not us. While it was well enough operated visiting Disneyland Paris three times in 8 years was about two times too many. So just a basic race won't pull us back.
    What if they add a 10k and challenge?
    RunningFool

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

We're figuring on being one-and-done for Disneyland Paris races.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

Nope. Shorter distances and challenges aren't really of interest to me (wonderful for people who like them, but I find nothing interesting about consecutive days with short distances; maybe if it were a half-full-ultra or something).

I'll likely be going again, because my sister will still be living in Germany, and she wants to do her first half next year (she just did the 5k this year, while I did the half). Since I want to visit her again anyway, it's nice to combine it with this. Also, so many parts of the park were closed this year, so I'm excited that it will be shiny and new for the anniversary.

2015: Star Wars 10k + Avengers 10k
    2016: Star Wars 10k, Paris Half and 5k, Avengers Half
    2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k
    MouseAdventure Addict- Usually "Beware the Groove"

Blog Entries

According to GET Travel, a 10k has been added to 2017!

RunningFool

Blog Entries

More information in three days...

News in three days.jpg

RunningFool

Blog Entries

More details on 2017 can be found here.

RunningFool

I filled out my info on Get Sports Travel, and this was the result:

"I received your interest form for the 2017 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend. As I am sure you are aware, Disneyland Paris has officially confirmed that there will be another race the weekend of September 22nd. They have not yet announced yet when we are allowed to go live selling, however we are able to start taking an interest list and guaranteeing inventory. Since we have an interest form from you with your selections there will be no need for you to call in to our office on opening day. Once we go live, and things settle down, we will contact you for your deposit payment. At that time you will either need to pay 50% of the package price, or decide to decline the package. There is just a little more detailed information (see below) we will need to be able to set up your account more accurately. The same terms will apply this year as last year. Insurance will be mandatory; the only way to decline will be to fill out an additional form that everyone in your party will need to sign before we can take any payment on your account. The payments will be the same as well. 50% of total package price plus the insurance premium due at the time of booking, and an additional 25% for the following 2 months."

2017: Star Wars Light Side Half, Star Wars Dark Side Half, Paris Half and 10k, Avengers 10k

Packages for 2017 go on sale tonight! Here is the Get Travel Info:

Sign up tonight for the Disneyland Paris - Val d'Europe Half Marathon Weekend, September 22-24, 2017
    Our California Customer Service Center will open for extended hours starting tonight at 12 a.m. and remain open until 5 p.m. Wednesday (PST). All information will go live at midnight tonight. Call us at 888-877-4445 (option 3) Links will be available on our website to book directly online or to send in your interest form.
    PLEASE NOTE: We will be closed Thanksgiving Weekend starting at 5 p.m. Wednesday and will reopen for normal business hours on Monday at 7:30 a.m.

Blog Entries

Registration for 2017 is live and note, there appears with the 10k being added there will be a challenge medal.

The races include: 13.1 mile half marathon, 10K, Family 5K, kid's races, and you can even earn a special "Castle to Chateau" or "Challenge" medal!

http://gettravel.com/2017-disneyland...half-marathon/

RunningFool

My family (Me, My Sister, My Brother-in-Law) have all signed up for the half. We are considering switching to the challenge. My brother may sign up for the 10k (still deciding).

I wanted to add- having done 3 Disney halfs, with this as my first, the Disneyland Paris half is still my favorite. It doesn't have as many of some of the niceties (fully staffed self-care medical booths), but their entertainment was the best BY FAR (entertainment every single mile of the race), and the cast members cheering for you in the parks seemed to really be enjoying themselves (it seems like cast members in DL are more inconvenienced rather than excited by the runs). Some of that is because this is only once a year, but I really highly recommend this race. It is the one that I'm most excited to do again.

Blog Entries

And here is the official challenge announcement. Must. Not. Sign. Up.

http://run.disneylandparis.com/event...-US&country=US

CHALLENGE HALF MARATHON + 10K*
    Saturday, September 23, 2017
    Sunday, September 24, 2017
    From 18 years old (on the day of the race)

Brave the new challenge of the Disneyland Paris - Val d'Europe Half Marathon
    For the second edition of the Disneyland Paris - Val d'Europe Half Marathon, we are pleased to invite you to a new race, the 10K of Disneyland Paris!

Then, you will cross the finish line with extraordinary memories and you will get an exclusive medal commemorating your achievement!

Challenge Highlights
    Two courses: Disneyland Paris 10K plus Disneyland Paris Half Marathon totaling 19.3 miles
    Disney Characters and entertainment on-course
    Family Reunion Area with live entertainment and Disney Characters

Paris Challenge Medal.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images
    RunningFool

The portal to submit medical forms, proof of time, etc. hasn't opened yet, right? Nor has bib-only registration? Just want to be sure I didn't miss anything. (Already registered through GET.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockethouse View Post
    The portal to submit medical forms, proof of time, etc. hasn't opened yet, right? Nor has bib-only registration? Just want to be sure I didn't miss anything. (Already registered through GET.)
    I have not seen anything open other than package registration. I've heard June (kind of a big target but it's something) for bibs-only.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Bib only sales for the 2017 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon weekend will open Wednesday June 14th @ 4:00 p.m. Paris time (10:00 Eastern / 7:00 a.m. Pacific).

RunningFool

Blog Entries

After the usual "hah, just kidding..." bib sale fail yesterday, looks like bibs for the 2017 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon weekend were supposed to be available this morning. And yet...

Le serveur est temporairement indisponible.

Dsol, mais le serveur est temporairement indisponible pour maintenance ou en raison d'une interruption programme.
    Veuillez ressayer plus tard.

Server Is Temporarily Unavailable

Sorry, but the server is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance or scheduled downtime. Please try again later.

RunningFool

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    After the usual "hah, just kidding..." bib sale fail yesterday, looks like bibs for the 2017 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon weekend were supposed to be available this morning. And yet...

Le serveur est temporairement indisponible.

Dsol, mais le serveur est temporairement indisponible pour maintenance ou en raison d'une interruption programme.
    Veuillez ressayer plus tard.

Server Is Temporarily Unavailable

Sorry, but the server is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance or scheduled downtime. Please try again later.
    Yeah, I saw that runDisney retweeted runDisney France that the sale was delayed due to technical difficulties and was pushed to 4pm Paris time.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

They finally got them working! Website is live.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikara View Post
    They finally got them working! Website is live.
    Heard more than a few stories of double / triple charges so make sure you check your credit card statements.

Looks like the 5k is sold out.
    RunningFool

Everything except the half is now sold out. Also, medals were announced today: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...dals-are-here/

DLPRaceMedals.jpg

🏠 Disneyland Resort ✔️Walt Disney World 2011 ✔️Hong Kong Disneyland 2015
    ✔️Shanghai Disneyland 2016 ✔️Disneyland Paris 2017! ⁉️Tokyo Disneyland 2020?

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Seeing a lot of reports on FB and Twitter about problems associated with the weekend - trouble checking in, at the expo, getting t-shirts, at the party, and they apparently ran out of 5K medals. That's harsh. There was some disorganization last year, but I thought this year would be better. Hoping things go well for the 10K and half marathon. Hashtag is #rundisneyfrance on Twitter if you're interested in checking out the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    Seeing a lot of reports on FB and Twitter about problems associated with the weekend - trouble checking in, at the expo, getting t-shirts, at the party, and they apparently ran out of 5K medals. That's harsh. There was some disorganization last year, but I thought this year would be better. Hoping things go well for the 10K and half marathon. Hashtag is #rundisneyfrance on Twitter if you're interested in checking out the posts.
    Yikes that is harsh. Hopefully the rest is better for those there.
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Saw a couple of posts this morning that they ran out of medals at the 10K and the kids' race (and supposedly, they even gave out half marathon medals to the kids when they ran out of kids medals). Hoping they have enough half marathon, challenge and castle-to-chateau medals tomorrow.