Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend

Am I nuts? I can't find the AP/Early registration site.

Any hints?

I've logged into my disneyland go account and it is no help.

Reluctant Runner
    1st Place Advanced: Ready Player One, Spring 2015 =====Now Masters=====
    2nd Place Advanced: Sugar Rush, Fall 2014
    1st Place Basic: Deuces Wild, Spring 2014
    1st Place Basic: Mouseadventure 365, Fall 2013

2. # ADS

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Log in to Disneyland AP, choose AP news (from the pull down) and there will be an option to choose a story for runDisney. In that story is a link to the runDisney AP page.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    Log in to Disneyland AP, choose AP news (from the pull down) and there will be an option to choose a story for runDisney. In that story is a link to the runDisney AP page.

Thanks. That took me to the Active link I had found in other searches (I wasn't sure I was getting there correctly).

Apparently, the site is down or having issues of some sort, I got this error:
    Please note the following:
    Service error - Our service encountered an unknown error. Please try again later.

That error came up from the AP link as well as the independent search I did previously.
    Reluctant Runner

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    Thanks. That took me to the Active link I had found in other searches (I wasn't sure I was getting there correctly).

Apparently, the site is down or having issues of some sort, I got this error:
    Please note the following:
    Service error - Our service encountered an unknown error. Please try again later.

That error came up from the AP link as well as the independent search I did previously.
    I sent you a PM that may help.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

I had the same problem with service error message. I called run disney, they told me it was an active problem. Called active 40 minutes later all signed up. Sure am glad we have to pay the registration fees to active, they do such a good job. Good luck with the sign up, see you in September.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tridj View Post
    I had the same problem with service error message. I called run disney, they told me it was an active problem. Called active 40 minutes later all signed up. Sure am glad we have to pay the registration fees to active, they do such a good job. Good luck with the sign up, see you in September.
    No kidding - if there was any way to go around Active I think we all would.

So has anyone else noticed that in both the email announcing general registration, on Active and on the AP site, Dumbo is now listed as the Disneyland Double Dare...?
    RunningFool

Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    No kidding - if there was any way to go around Active I think we all would.

So has anyone else noticed that in both the email announcing general registration, on Active and on the AP site, Dumbo is now listed as the Disneyland Double Dare...?
    I DID notice that. So NO Dumbo this year? New theme? It would really be helpful when spending $300 to know what we are signing up for...is that unreasonable? I signed up for the Half, I am Legacy so feel I need to keep going. But this Legacy member is not happy with having to register before Christmas. I preferred the January sign up time period. This really came out of the blue. If events aren't selling out...why do they need more time to have them on sale? I am perplexed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ziegfeldgirl View Post
    I DID notice that. So NO Dumbo this year? New theme? It would really be helpful when spending $300 to know what we are signing up for...is that unreasonable? I signed up for the Half, I am Legacy so feel I need to keep going. But this Legacy member is not happy with having to register before Christmas. I preferred the January sign up time period. This really came out of the blue. If events aren't selling out...why do they need more time to have them on sale? I am perplexed.
    I hear ya. It hit me that I'm signed up for every 2017 runDisney race in my plan with the exception of W&D and it's barely December 2016. Not sure what the logic is except to lock down as many people early as they can. Once you've plunked down $$$, it's doubtful that you'll skip it to go do something else.
    RunningFool

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Well, to be fair, just because race registration goes on sale, it doesn't mean you HAVE to sign up now. It's really a matter of how much you want to do the race and how much you want to risk missing out. Other than last year, you didn't know ahead of time what the theme would be for the Disneyland half marathon weekend over Labor Day, other than Dumbo Double Dare, I guess. If you didn't want to pay for a race registration without knowing the theme, that's cool, your choice. But if you signed up for the race and then didn't end up like the theme once it was announced, I don't think you really have the right to complain.

I'm interested in the races, but I'm undecided. If they release a theme before registration sells out, then I might sign up.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

I think they did announce the theme last year just before they went on sale. It was "duos" and the text on the blog talked about the country bears for 5k, Aladdin and genie for 10k, and Mickey and Pluto for half. We were all curious as to the medal design s - but it's one reason I chose to run the 5k instead of 10k for the 2016 race - and I registered on the AP day with full knowledge.

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Blog Entries
    I think they did announce the theme last year just before they went on sale. It was "duos" and the text on the blog talked about the country bears for 5k, Aladdin and genie for 10k, and Mickey and Pluto for half. We were all curious as to the medal design s - but it's one reason I chose to run the 5k instead of 10k for the 2016 race - and I registered on the AP day with full knowledge.

And it was the first and only time they pre-announced to my knowledge.
    RunningFool

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    I think they did announce the theme last year just before they went on sale.
    Right, which is why I said "Other than last year, you didn't know ahead of time what the theme would be for the Disneyland half marathon weekend".

I wasn't going to be running those races anyway because of the Disneyland Paris races, but I was glad that I wasn't even tempted because I didn't care for the themes.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Blog Entries

Yup, you did. Sorry.

Ugh same problem registering using phone. Trying home computer now.

ETA: Same failure.

Last edited by SteveMartin; 12-08-2016 at 04:41 PM. Reason: update
    Reluctant Runner

If you call active they will fill out your registration over the phone. It takes awhile but at least you are guaranteed your spot.

Simba, cubs and I are in for the 5k, which will be the first runDisney 5k for cub #2! If they release a good theme for the 10k before it's full, I may add it.

Force is strong in this one

I got in with my Legacy registration. #12, woohoo!

This year, my wife is doing Ironman Wisconsin the week after, so if she's running this race, we're probably going to be in full taper mode, don't get hurt mode.

In the year leading up to my 40th birthday, I successfully ran 40 races ending with Ironman Lake Tahoe! Follow me on Facebook!

Finally got it to work this morning. I'm in for the half.

The whole "Disney Double Dare" thing is odd. The merchandise area on the order form has a Dumbo Double Dare pin bundle. Is Dumbo in or out?

Reluctant Runner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMartin View Post
    Finally got it to work this morning. I'm in for the half.

The whole "Disney Double Dare" thing is odd. The merchandise area on the order form has a Dumbo Double Dare pin bundle. Is Dumbo in or out?
    Woo hoo! Quite the process to get you registered.

As for DDD, great question and one that we'll probably be waiting on an answer until we talk to a runDisney CM at WDW in January to have them confirm one way or the other. We know how runDisney is at communications...

And as of this morning (12/9/2016) @ 7:15 a.m., all 2017 DLand Half Marathon Weekend events are still open for early AP/DVC registration.
    Last edited by RunningFool; 12-09-2016 at 06:16 AM.
    RunningFool

Blog Entries

Just a quick reminder that early AP/DVC registration for the 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend events ends on Monday 12/12 @ 5:00 p.m. Pacific/ 8:00 p.m. Eastern.

General registration opens Tuesday 12/13 @ 9:00 a.m. Pacific/ 12:00 p.m. Eastern.

As of Sunday afternoon, all events remain open in early AP/DVC registration.

RunningFool

Blog Entries

Today is the day - general registration for the 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend opens TODAY Tuesday December 13th @ 9:00 a.m. Pacific/ 12:00 p.m. Eastern. It's an anniversary year (5th Dumbo / Disneyland Double Dare); no word yet if runDisney will recognize those who will complete all five DDD or not. At this point, it's been mostly 'no' except for one runDisney CM at Avengers who said they would do 'something'. We'll see.

Given not one single event sold out in early AP/DVC registration and there remains confusion if Dumbo Double Dare is now Disneyland Double Dare, it could be an interesting registration.

Drop a note here and let Team MousePlanet know that you're in.

RunningFool

Blog Entries

Since the runDisney site seems to be having issues this morning, here's the direct link to Active.com for registration.

https://endurancecui.active.com/new/...40265648635993

9:10 a.m. - no holds, no queue, all events open and the links just opened on the runDisney site

Note: DDD pre-purchase merchandise is listed as Disneyland Double Dare...

9:30 a.m. - no holds, no queue, all events open...

9:45 a.m. - see 9:30 and 9:10

10:50 a.m. - no change... legacies are making sure they are in but otherwise...

2:45 p.m. - one final post of the day - while we no longer have the % meters on the site, it doesn't appear any of the 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon weekend events are in danger of closing anytime soon.

Last edited by RunningFool; 12-13-2016 at 01:46 PM.
    RunningFool

Officially signed up for the Disneyland Double Dare. Adding to the bulk of evidence suggesting a name change, the pre-purchase options for merch has changed from "Dumbo" during AP to "Disneyland" during general registration. I feel safe in stating that the Dumbo theming has been dropped for a broader Disney/Disneyland theme. Maybe we'll start seeing an attraction-based theme rather than movie-based (e.g., Haunted Mansion themed as opposed to Frozen themed)

I don't really understand the logic behind bumping up registration into December. I usually register on the first day but I wasn't able to this time around because of how many expenses I had during the month. Seems like registration hasn't been selling out as quickly as before so I'll still be able to get into the Double Dare.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyxz View Post
    I don't really understand the logic behind bumping up registration into December. I usually register on the first day but I wasn't able to this time around because of how many expenses I had during the month. Seems like registration hasn't been selling out as quickly as before so I'll still be able to get into the Double Dare.
    Lock in your money early, and u can't get a refund.