Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: DVC 2017 Member Cruise Brochure

DVC 2017 Member Cruise Brochure

I just received the brochure for the 2017 member cruise, and I just have to make a comment about the beautiful photo of one of the Disney Cruise Line ships docked at a port with beautiful blue skies and turquoise waters. The caption at the bottom right of the photo says:

Tortola, British Virgin Islands
    Ship's Registry: The Bahamas

I want to correct that description. The DCL ship is shown at Havensight Dock on St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands - NOT Tortola, BVI. I was born and have lived my entire life on St. Thomas, so I see that view almost every day. In fact, in the brochure photo, the house on the hill immediately to the right of the ship's bridge is my uncle's home! The red-roofed building at the lower left of the photo is the Alexander Farrelly Justice Complex (named after one of our governors) and the roadway behind that is Veterans Drive, constructed in the early 1960s.

Nothing against Tortola, but just want to set the record straight that the beautiful view shown in the DVC brochure is of St. Thomas.

Attached are the brochure photo and a photo I took just last week from Bluebeard's Castle Resort on a hill nearer to the Havensight Dock than the vantage point in the brochure photo.

Proud USVI'er!
    Arnold

DVC Member Cruise 2017 STT vs BVI.jpg Bluebeard Staycation - Day 5 (19).jpg

Last edited by arnoldvb; 08-17-2016 at 11:49 AM.

2. # ADS