Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Animal Kingdom "Value" option

Animal Kingdom "Value" option

We are thinking of staying at the DVC Animal Kingdom Resort and while researching, noticed there is a 1 bedroom at Jambo House as well as a 1 bedroom "Value" option. Has anyone ever stayed at the Value option? I'm wondering what exactly is the difference between a regular 1 bedroom and the Value 1 bedroom. Is it smaller in square footage? Or no/restricted view? The savings in points is appealing to me. Any feedback is appreciated.

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the 1BR value option is a relatively new option. (Value option used to be just in studio form.) They are a bit smaller than a standard 1 BR - mainly not as "deep" of a room. The view may be of the parking lot or of landscape.

We did a value studio a couple years back and it was just fine. Sure, it was a little bit smaller, but we still enjoyed the room and I still sat outside on the patio on a daily basis.

Keep in mind, the value rooms are limited in availability, so you will need to jump on them at the 11 month mark if AKV is your home resort or right at 7 months if not.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!