Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie seen, part 5

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Spy
    Took a couple tries to get through it. My rating: 6/10 and that is generous if you ask me.

If you want to watch Melissa McCarthy be a bad you-know-what, then rent The Heat.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

2. # ADS

For the Love of Spock - I donated to the Kickstarter campaign and received a link to stream it early before it opens in theatres tomorrow. I enjoyed it a lot. It's a biography and tribute to both the iconic character and the very fallible human artist who played him. As a long time Trekkie, I was glad there were new details shared here that had never been shared before in all the many Trek documentaries and specials I've seen. Directed by his son Adam who started it with his father's involvement before Leonard Nimoy died, it doesn't get any more personal that that, in very surprising and candid ways. And damnit, Spock, I cried at the end.
    "The show must…"/"Go on!" - Shakespeare in Love

"Howards End" -- what a great film! So rich in detail, masterful direction, wonderful acting. Afternoon tea + "Howards End" = a perfect date day.

Winter Wrap Up

Open Season 3 2011
    Ice Age Collison Course

[Princess Celestia]
    You've come such a long, long way
    And I've watched you from that very first day

Never Too Old For Disney MadHatter72's Avatar
    The Jungle Book(Live Action): 8/10-Very well done and I am so glad they incorporated the songs "Bare Necessities" and "Be Like You" in the movie. I also thought the young boy who played Mowgli was fantastic.

The Lone Ranger - I first saw this during its run in theatres. It certainly wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it much more than the general consensus of critics. Saw it again this week, redeeming DMR points for the combo pack, and it didn't hold up quite as well as I remember. The finale was still a lotta fun tho'.

Winter Wrap Up

Alpha and Omega 2010

[Princess Celestia]

Blog Entries

Drive
    My gosh, this didnt pass my 15 minute rule.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Suicide Squad

As origin movies go, this one got to the action pretty quickly and then added in the exposition as flashbacks, so I appreciated that. But then it wasted some time hashing out things to set up Justice League that was already in that other movie that I've already blocked out. (Seriously, I had kind of forgotten where Superman was at the end...) I really like DC Comics, but they just can't get their movie franchise together.

Anyway, I don't think any of these characters could carry their own movie, (maybe Harley Quinn, but it's not a movie I'd want to see), so I thought that they made a good enough movie given what they decided to piece together. But, it's not a standalone as much as GotG is a standalone for Marvel, so we'll see how it fits in with subsequent movies before I make my final judgement.

Winter Wrap Up

Les invasion barbaries

[Princess Celestia]

Eight Days a Week - the documentary about The Beatles. They were so loved, it hurt them. They did hold some power and were able to use it appropriately. And they considered themselves lucky to be going through it together. They did nothing unless all four agreed.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

We'll be seeing that this week. Mr. Tea has been looking forward to it for a while. What did you think of Ron Howard's direction? I don't usually associate him with documentaries.

I thought Ron Howard's direction was good. There was a little new footage of interviews with Paul and Ringo woven in with still and video footage taken at the time. It was all pulled together with narrative so it was a cohesive story. You do need to watch, though. Not all information is verbal. I feel like I know what they went through in more depth. I'm amazed they weren't more destroyed by the process. It all could have gone so much worse.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Winter Wrap Up

Blair Witch 2016
    Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters
    Little Dead Rottig Hood 2016

[Princess Celestia]

Miss Perigrin's Home For Peculiar Children[/B] Tim Burton's best so far. Absolutely loved it. While I had an idea of it going in, it held lots of surprises. Great cast, effects, and wonderful story. Will be going back to try and see what I might have missed. Highly recommend it.
    Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

So glad to hear this. We really want to see this movie (the trailer sucked us in!) and so didn't want to be disappointed. Sounds like our next movie night will be lots of fun! By the way, had you read the book? Or do you want to read it now?

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    So glad to hear this. We really want to see this movie (the trailer sucked us in!) and so didn't want to be disappointed. Sounds like our next movie night will be lots of fun! By the way, had you read the book? Or do you want to read it now?
    I had heard of the book, and was interested in it. Now that I've seen the movie, I am definitely getting the book.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkPearlCptn View Post
    I had heard of the book, and was interested in it. Now that I've seen the movie, I am definitely getting the book.
    Let us know what you think of the book.

"The French Connection." My goodness! That car chase is absolutely gripping every time I see it. Whew!

Winter Wrap Up

Down and Dirty Duck
    Fritz the Cat
    The Nine Lives of Fritz the Cat
    Bill Melendez The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe 1979
    The Peanuts 2015

[Princess Celestia]

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, It Came from Outer Space and House of Wax. Got them at Best Buy last week for eight bucks each. Never seen any of them before. Don't have a 3D TV so saw all in 2D. Enjoyed them all! House of Wax includes Mystery of the Wax Museum as a bonus feature. Watched about 20 minutes of it. Man, House of Wax really is a remake of MOTWM, including a lot of the dialogue and wax figure poses!

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    Let us know what you think of the book.

"The French Connection." My goodness! That car chase is absolutely gripping every time I see it. Whew!
    Just chiming in - Car Chase -- Bullit!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newhdplayer View Post
    Just chiming in - Car Chase -- Bullit!!!!!
    Did you know it was the same driver for both chases? He's the FBI agent who gets shot at the end of "The French Connection."

Winter Wrap Up

Kick *** 2
    Antboy 2: Revenge of the Red Fury
    Batman VS Superman Dawn of Justice

[Princess Celestia]

Blog Entries

Captain America - Civil War (Again)

I think I enjoyed the second time better than the first. (I think the IMAX format, while pretty awesome, really accentuated the jerky (purposeful) camerawork.)
    I think I also get the plot a bit more as well.
    While not my fave CA film, still a good watch.

Legend of Tarzan WOW! A new take on the story. This time it's 8 years after Tarzan has left the jungle. Beauticful effects and performances. Jane is no longer the weak "save me" woman, she is now strong and can handle herself. Tarzan is amazing.Samuel L. Jackson does a new type of character for him in this and his performance is wonderful. I have seen literally all of the Tarzan movies and have read all the books. After seeing this version I have a new favorite. Will be adding it to the collection ASAP