Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie seen, part 5

Finally saw Zootopia and The Good Dinosaur Absolutely LOVED Zootopia and am sad I didn't get a chance to see it in the theater. What a great film..loved the story and the characters. AND,,,then there is The Good Dinosaur. Only got it by a fluke as I didn't cancel it in time with Disney Movie Club. (Trailers didn't interest me..did NOT like the look of the main dino character.. I prefer my dinos a bit more realistic and a lot less cartoonie). But here it is, and I own it so decided to watch it. Started slow but wound up being a pretty good film. What we were NOT prepared for was the level of violence...WOW! Most of the film we were like WTH did we just see? Much more violent than any previous Disney film we had ever seen. Not sure if I will watch it again or donate it down the road...

ETA: Will NOT be taking it to school. It is waaayyyyy to much for some of my students.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"The Secret Life of Pets" - For the most part, I enjoyed the film, and there were lots of funny bits. I had no indication from the trailers that it would take a fairly dark turn, and that it would involve a creature I'm terrified of, so I didn't watch for several minutes. I am curious as to how kids react to the dark turn in the film, even if they don't have an aversion to the creature that terrifies me. It seemed scarier than I would expect for a film aimed to some degree at kids.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

Blackhat.

It's a bad movie but the worse sin is that it is a boring movie while making a lot of noise. After sitting with it for 2 hours I realized I had absolutely no interest in how it turned out so just turned it off 10-15 minutes before it ended.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by codewoman View Post
    Sixteen Candles. I guess I'm kind of on a Molly Ringwald kick. I'll see if the library has Pretty in Pink.
    Two classic movies that I can watch over and over. (Add in The Breakfast Club and you have a trifecta of perfection for a rainy day movie marathon.)
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

I watched Breakfast Club a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

I would kill for Molly Ringwald's wardrobe in that movie! I read an interview last year where she said that she really regrets not asking for those boots and some other wardrobe items. Totally can see why.

Finally saw "Finding Dory" and really enjoyed it. Wasn't sure what to expect since we've deliberately stayed away from reviews, but we both were pleasantly surprised by how the film further developed the familiar characters and introduced the new ones. Loved the little surprise at the end.

I've seen three movies recently, all of them twice! First was Finding Dory. The first time I saw it, I thought it was enjoyable, but not as good as Nemo. Then I read an article about the movie from the perspective of a special needs parent, which made the movie take on a whole new meaning. The second time I saw it, I enjoyed it a lot more. I love the character Becky, and I'm wondering why they made plush versions of every other character except her.

The second movie is The BFG. I love the book, so I was excited for the movie. My nieces read the book recently too and all three of us loved the movie. I thought it did a pretty good job of following the book. I like how they kept Sophie looking like a regular girl and not all glam. I thought it was a bit slow in places, but overall very good. My six year old niece says it is now her favorite movie.

Finally, Ghostbusters. Love it! It's not perfect. Kristen and Melissa weren't as funny as I was expecting, but the other two were hilarious. Kate McKinnon is awesomely weird and extremely funny. Leslie Jones was really good too. I thought the first part was a bit flat, but once they all got together and started busting, it was great. It's nice to see a movie starring four women who are all smart and funny and not sexualized. I plan to see it again.

"The Hunt for the Wilderpeople" -- what a fun, charming movie! Reminded me of "Up" mixed with "Moonrise Kingdom." Most enjoyable and definitely going on the to-buy list.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Star Trek Beyond" - I liked the film ok. I liked it much better than "Into Darkness" (but then, I hated "Into Darkness"), but not more than the first film. There were some pretty spectacular action sequences, and some nice moments with the characters. I don't really agree with a particular direction that the films have taken, but that's where they've chosen to go. There was one shot that had me wondering if it was on purpose or just amazing coincidental foreshadowing. A quick search of the net seems to indicate it was on purpose, so that was nice. One other particular non-story point which was a nice idea turned into a fight-back-the-tears moment. One negative point for me was that I figured out a particular plot point before it played out on screen, which means it was too obvious since I don't usually get those. I completely forgot that Idris Elba was in the film. If I had time, I'd go back to see it again to watch him more. Karl Urban really does nail the role of McCoy.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

"Our Little Sister" -- beautifully done film, very quiet, patient in letting the story unfold. The chemistry between the actresses was quite good -- they really seemed to be sisters. Loved watching all the little details.

Blog Entries

Ghostbusters -
    I liked it quite a bit.
    Was it as good as the first one? Well, lets just say that if you compare the two directly, the first one will always win. But this was a very successful reboot/remake.
    There were several key points and phrases that were reused that caused me to chuckle and the cameo's were great!!

I will probably rent it when it comes on BR.

If you saw / know about the original, stay till the end, past the credits.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries
    Star Trek Beyond - It was passable. After the abomination of the last one it was quite an improvement. But still, that was a low bar. Thought they handled Leonard Nimoy very well. Movie did not address at all that in the last movie they invented interplanetary transporters rendering most of the need for Star Fleet obsolete. Still too much focus on cliche action but not as bad as before, though they do need stop crashing ships into planets.

I liked that the Enterprise is so well built that it could survive freefall from orbit and still be mostly in one piece and functional, but Kirk should shoot out the main view port with just a handheld phaser. Seems kind of flimsy since normally the entire senior crew is right behind that port.

The causes and motivations of the big baddy were unclear to me on a single viewing but I doubt I'll want to watch it again to get a better understanding. Finally, I know I'm in the minority but I just don't really like Karl Urban's McCoy.

Team Foxcatcher - This is a documentary about John DuPont and the events dramatized in Foxcatcher a couple years ago. Surprisingly flat documentary with an annoying score.

Winter Wrap Up

Pandemic and Carriers.

[Princess Celestia]
    You've come such a long, long way
    And I've watched you from that very first day

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Blog Entries

The Wave - A Norwegian disaster movie. A remote fjord has a tourist village at one and a massive rockslide waiting to happen at the other. When the rocks go they'll fall into the water causing a massive tsunami.

Reasonably well done on the suspense side. Once the action starts mostly standard cliches. Though it is fun to learn that Norwegians apparently mostly curse in English.

Winter Wrap Up

Atergeist 2014
    Poltergeist 1 & 2

[Princess Celestia]

Blog Entries

Batman vs. Superman

I can't defend myself on this one. It wasn't as interesting as a train wreck, yet I didn't turn it off.

"The white coating is filmy and there’s another creamy layer in there that’s kind of like cream cheese or perhaps unscented foot balm." Cybele May; Candyblog.net

The most expensive thing I ever had was a free kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex S. View Post
    . Though it is fun to learn that Norwegians apparently mostly curse in English.
    My dad was stationed in Germany in the early 70s and it was the same way there.

Legends of the Fall, one of my favorites.

Winter Wrap Up

เพลงประกอบก้านกล้วย
    เพลงประกอบก้านกล้วย 2
    Delhi Safari
    Der kleine eisbr 2
    Urmel auf dem eis

[Princess Celestia]

Blog Entries

Saw The Secret Life of Pets. Overall, a good family film. It was a funny story with only one part that may seem a bit scary for the youngest of viewers. The minion mini-movie beforehand was awesome!!

Winter Wrap Up

Niko lentjn poika
    Niko lentjveljekset
    Roadside Romeo

[Princess Celestia]

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't go to movies often, but I did go see Gleason on Friday.
    It is a documentary made with footage over the last almost 5 years (plus some older stuff at times, but mostly in the last 5 years) about a retired NFL Saint* who is battling ALS. They really focused on the theme of fathers and sons - as it started out with Steve Gleason making VLOGs for his then unborn child. (They found out his wife was pregnant about 5 weeks after his diagnosis!) It's very raw and sad and heartbreaking and funny and uplifting and hopeful. The decision to make the movie was very brave for both Steve and Michel, his wife - because it's not all roses and sunshine!

I think they're just doing limited release, but if you get a chance to see it - I highly recommend it. Here's a link to the foundation page that has movie info on it (including a trailer) http://www.teamgleason.org/

*Steve is the player who blocked the punt in the opening of the Superdome on Monday Night Football after Katrina, that was returned for a touchdown - so he has a special place in the heart of Saints fans.

Cathy

Winter Wrap Up

Zambezia
    Sammy's Abenteuer

[Princess Celestia]

Jason Bourne 8/10
    Bad Moms 8/10
    The Secret Life of Pets 9/10

April Showers and Easter 2024!

Winter Wrap Up