Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie seen, part 5

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Welcome to Marwen" - I thought it was interesting but the style definitely took me a while to get used to. Generally, I liked it, but I thought it missed in parts. So quirky that I'm not sure I'd recommend it generally. It's not a film everyone would be willing to sit through. I wasn't aware until about a week ago that it was based on a true story.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"If Beale Street Could Talk" - Really enjoyed the movie. The filmmaking style was a little different, and I wasn't as jarred by it during "Moonlight" as I was this film. But the performances were terrific all around.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Winter Wrap Up

Poltergeist and Sinister 2.

[Princess Celestia]
    You've come such a long, long way
    And I've watched you from that very first day

Lego Movie II. Area preview screenings. Good movie. It wasn't as good as the first one but it would have been tough to beat it. The first one was very original an this one felt like.

"The Wizard of Oz" on the big screen! Love that movie. Such a treat to see it in a theater.

Mary Poppins Returns, not as good as the original but Emily Blunt makes her a delight with the music as well. 9/10!

April Showers and Easter 2024!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Vice" - While the events in the film are disturbing, I found myself having a hard time concentrating on the film and paying attention. It just wasn't holding my interest. It was really interesting to watch Amy Adams as it's a very different part than I've seen her in. The most interesting character that I found in the film was Mary Cheney, and I actually ended up looking up information on her afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    "Vice" - While the events in the film are disturbing, I found myself having a hard time concentrating on the film and paying attention. It just wasn't holding my interest. It was really interesting to watch Amy Adams as it's a very different part than I've seen her in. The most interesting character that I found in the film was Mary Cheney, and I actually ended up looking up information on her afterward.
    I saw it with someone who didn't know most of the people portrayed or remember some of the events, and they found it hard to follow. I agreed it wouldn't have held my interest much if I didn't know a lot already. I felt like it wanted to be The Big Short or W, but it wasn't. I'll probably watch again, alone, so I'm not as distracted.

LEGO Movie 2 - I didn't like it as much as the original, but I don't think any LEGO movie is going to be as good as the original, because there's an expectation now. It wasn't hard to decode everything they were talking about, but it's not like the Kragle was super hard to figure out either. I think kids will like it. It does have a lot more of the "girl" LEGO represented this time, even moreso than the preview implies. Not that that's a bad thing, but it might not be for everyone expecting the same cameos as the last one. I loved the closing credits. I'll probably rent it when it comes out and watch them first.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Alita" - I've been intrigued with this since I saw the first trailer. I really enjoyed the film. There's a story to learn, so it does take some effort to follow along, but I thought the pacing for unwrapping the story was good. The action sequences are fantastic, but the film also has a lot of heart. I'm probably going to try to see the film a second time. Definite recommend.

"Alita" - I've been intrigued with this since I saw the first trailer. I really enjoyed the film. There's a story to learn, so it does take some effort to follow along, but I thought the pacing for unwrapping the story was good. The action sequences are fantastic, but the film also has a lot of heart. I'm probably going to try to see the film a second time. Definite recommend.
    I want to see it, but can't get past her eyes. I'm a huge anime fan, so extremely large eyes don't bother me. But them on live action humans just totally creeps me out. So, I guess I'm going to have to pass.
    Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkPearlCptn View Post
    I want to see it, but can't get past her eyes. I'm a huge anime fan, so extremely large eyes don't bother me. But them on live action humans just totally creeps me out. So, I guess I'm going to have to pass.
    I don't know the original story, but Alita isn't a live action human.

I don't know the original story, but Alita isn't a live action human.
    It's the eyes on the actress/character

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkPearlCptn View Post
    It's the eyes on the actress/character
    Yes, I understand that the eyes creep you out regardless, but Alita isn't a human - she's a cyborg, which might explain her look. Also, I'm guessing it's done by motion capture.

OH! I can't believe I forgot to mention. Rosa Salazar is fantastic as Alita.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ... but Alita isn't a human - she's a cyborg, which might explain her look. Also, I'm guessing it's done by motion capture.
    You would be correct. Its a more advanced version of what James Cameron did for Avatar.

I really want to see this film... but chances are wont be able to see it till it comes out on BR.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
    I think I actually liked this film better than the first one. Very action packed. Sure, its got a few "shock and awe" moments within, and its got very coarse language, but overall, a good flick.
    I give it a good 7.75/10 on the GusScale.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
    I think I actually liked this film better than the first one. Very action packed. Sure, its got a few "shock and awe" moments within, and its got very coarse language, but overall, a good flick.
    I give it a good 7.75/10 on the GusScale.
    I agree on all counts.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

"Lady and the Tramp" -- love that movie!

Winter Wrap Up

My Little Pony the Movie 2017

[Princess Celestia]
    You've come such a long, long way
    And I've watched you from that very first day

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Had a marathon yesterday:

"The Wife" - It was a really good film, and I didn't really have any idea what it was about going in. I'd heard about how good Glenn Close was, and that's the major reason I went. She was fantastic, and the story was really interesting. The actress who plays the younger version of Close's character was terrific as well.

"Roma" - I liked the film ok, but it was really slow. I appreciate the artistry of the making of the film but it didn't engage me as much as I thought it would/as I wanted it to. It reminded me a lot of the Italian cinema verite movies I used to watch, except that this had much more of an actual plot.

"Can You Ever Forgive Me?" - I've been iffy because the subject matter didn't interest me that much, and I'm not really a fan of Melissa McCarthy, but I kept hearing stuff about it, and then it won a WGA award, so that persuaded me to go. I did enjoy the film, and it was really interesting, and it was a very different role for Melissa, and I enjoyed her performance. The subject matter is so niche, though, that I'm a bit surprised the film was made at all, much less that it's getting the acclaim it is. Oh, and Jane Curtin has a small role in it, and she's fantastic.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"BlackkKlansman" - I am not particularly a fan of Spike Lee, especially when he puts himself in one of his films where he doesn't belong. But this film was fantastic. It was thought-provoking, interesting, engaging, suspenseful and at times, a lot of fun, and the acting was terrific across the board. I was definitely not expecting the very end of the film, and it touched on a specific subject that I've been particularly attuned to. If I had a vote, this would be my pick for Best Picture, and I'd give Best Director to Spike Lee.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"How to Train Your Dragon: Hidden World" - I enjoyed the film but I didn't think it was as good as the first two, both of which I loved. I also wish the ending had been a little different, omitting the very end of the film.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Mirai" - Overall, I liked the film. I thought it was a little slow in parts, but the animation was gorgeous. I'm not sure making your lead character a whiny 4-year-old was the best idea though. I thought they could have gotten the point across without him being quite that vocal, and the adult figures in the story were no help in making him feel less insecure.

The Neptune Factor Super cheesey 1973 Ben Gazarra and Ernest Borgine undersea disaster film. Caught it from the beginning because we thought from the look and discription that it was an Irwin Allen film and we are rabid Irwin Allen fans. But no, someone we never heard of. However the director was obviously influenced by Allen. Cinematography was similar and the use of super saturated color. Plus being a disaster film. Sooooooo wonderfully bad. We watched the whole thing. You just had to watch and see if it was going to get worse over time (and it didn't dissapoint). Sometimes there is nothing more fun than a really bad film.

We finally got around to watching the first Fantastic Beasts movie...it was fun! Now to get around to watching the second one.