Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie seen, part 5

Quote Originally Posted by deedee73 View Post
    Has anyone seen Missing Link yet? Trying to determine if it is toddler (6 yr old) friendly. If anyone has any insights, please post. TIA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I saw it with my kids on Saturday. I don't recall anything being overtly objectionable (although it is rated PG for action/peril and some mild rude humor and I would have to agree that those elements do exist) but I have a 10 and 13 year old so I wasn't paying that much attention. The theater we were at had some little kids who looked to be about 6 in the audience and everyone seemed fine leaving the theater (I was waiting at the exit and so saw everyone else leave before my crew dawdled out).

If you are willing to have parts of the movie spoiled, I find that common sense media tends to nitpick what people might find objectionable. They give it "3 bombs" (out of 5) for violence/scariness and if you click on each box then they do come up with a description as to why (they also rank movies for positive messages, positive role models & representations, sexy stuff, language, consumerism, and drinking/drugs/smoking). I won't repeat the basis for their opinions here as it is spoilerish, but the link is https://www.commonsensemedia.org/mov...s/missing-link. I rarely rely on their overall assessment (they recommend 8+) but look at each category individually as I think it really depends on the kids personality as to how much/whether they are sensitive to various issues.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I saw it with my kids on Saturday. I don't recall anything being overtly objectionable (although it is rated PG for action/peril and some mild rude humor and I would have to agree that those elements do exist) but I have a 10 and 13 year old so I wasn't paying that much attention. The theater we were at had some little kids who looked to be about 6 in the audience and everyone seemed fine leaving the theater (I was waiting at the exit and so saw everyone else leave before my crew dawdled out).

If you are willing to have parts of the movie spoiled, I find that common sense media tends to nitpick what people might find objectionable. They give it "3 bombs" (out of 5) for violence/scariness and if you click on each box then they do come up with a description as to why (they also rank movies for positive messages, positive role models & representations, sexy stuff, language, consumerism, and drinking/drugs/smoking). I won't repeat the basis for their opinions here as it is spoilerish, but the link is https://www.commonsensemedia.org/mov...s/missing-link. I rarely rely on their overall assessment (they recommend 8+) but look at each category individually as I think it really depends on the kids personality as to how much/whether they are sensitive to various issues.
    Thank you very much. I will definitely look into that website.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Avengers: Endgame - So much to unpack and think about and feel.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Winter Wrap Up

The Crescent Moon Clown and Quarantine.

[Princess Celestia]
    You've come such a long, long way
    And I've watched you from that very first day

Desolation of Smaug

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Saw Agengers: Endgame yesterday.
    Im rather speechless.
    Not going to say anything other than that.... but I will rank it as being in line with the other Avengers movies... so about a 9/10.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Saw Agengers: Endgame yesterday.
    Im rather speechless.
    Not going to say anything other than that.... but I will rank it as being in line with the other Avengers movies... so about a 9/10.
    If there are enough people that want to discuss the film openly, we could start a spoiler thread. I'd be interested in that. I'm finding that different feelings are surfacing as I'm remembering different parts of the film. Trying to figure out when I can see it again. I definitely want to see it in IMAX.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Winter Wrap Up

Cloverfield

[Princess Celestia]

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"The Intruder" - For the most part, I really enjoyed the film. Good suspense, gorgeous views of Napa Valley. There was one character development and one plot issue that I didn't like, but that was it.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Pokemon - Detective Pikachu" - It looked cute, so I decided to go, even though I know very little about the Pokemon characters and such. I'm sure I missed a lot because of that, but generally, I enjoyed the film. I would have liked Ryan Reynolds to have pitched his voice a bit differently because he did really sound a lot like a PG-rated version of Deadpool with some of the lines he had. Pikachu is absolutely adorable in this film.

"Amazing Grace" -- Wow. Aretha Franklin in her prime. So moving. Really enjoyed this. So glad it was finally released.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Tolkien" - I enjoyed the film quite a bit. It does take a while to build and it's very much a character piece. All of the actors do a terrific job.

Winter Wrap Up

Blackwell Ghost 2

[Princess Celestia]

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"All is True" - Kenneth Branaugh's film about the final years in the life of William Shakespeare. What happens when you're the most celebrated playwright in history, and now you're done and you go home to a family that doesn't really know you? I don't know how much of the story is actually true but I enjoyed this film a lot. Branaugh and Judi Dench are of course superb - as you'd expect. The two actresses who play their daughters are fantastic as well. Well worth seeking this film out.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Booksmart" - Fantastic movie. Absolutely loved it. Here's a vote for Olivia Wilde as best picture for a first-time director (I think she's a first time feature film director) at the Spirit Awards, as well as a Best Supporting Actress nomination for Billie Lourd. Parts of the film are so quirky and in that way reminded me of a film called "After Hours", which I love but haven't seen in far too long.

Winter Wrap Up

Phoenix Forgotten
    The Phoenix Project
    Incident at Montauk
    The Gracefield Incident

[Princess Celestia]

Bang the Drum Slowly. Id never seen it. Clearly mad in the seventies. From here on in, I rag nobody.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Brightburn" - I was intrigued by the premise - what if the alien baby who landed on Earth wasn't Superman and instead, was a malevolent being? Generally, I liked the film and thought it was well done. It's a bit gory in parts, which I know how to avoid by not looking, but there were entirely too many disturbing sound effects that went with it that I would have preferred not to endure. I enjoyed seeing Elizabeth Smart in something other than her Hunger Games counterpart.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Late Night" - Fantastic film. I'm a big fan of Emma Thompson anyway, but she kills it here. And Mindy Kaling is terrific too.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    "Late Night" - Fantastic film. I'm a big fan of Emma Thompson anyway, but she kills it here. And Mindy Kaling is terrific too.
    Im probably going to a movie tonight and I was considering seeing this. Alas, its not in wide release yet. Next week.

I think Ill see Rocketman this week.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by codewoman View Post
    I’m probably going to a movie tonight and I was considering seeing this. Alas, its not in wide release yet. Next week.

I think I’ll see Rocketman this week.
    I had noticed that AMC had an early screening of this, and I jumped at the chance since I've been looking forward to it.

I also highly recommend Booksmart.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post

I also highly recommend Booksmart.
    Yay! That's on my list of movies to watch if/when I ever find time. I'm glad to know you liked it.

ETA - I see now that you also said nice things about it a few days ago . That may have been when I put it on my list of movies to watch

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Godzilla: King of the Monsters" - Absolutely loved the film. This is finally the U.S.-made Godzilla movie I've been waiting for. Actually showing me epic battles between Godzilla and Ghidorah, and showing me full screen images of them. I thought the story itself was ok - a decent enough explanation, though it reminded me a bit of Ultron and Thanos in story, but there were some nice nods to ideas and concepts from the original films. Saw it in IMAX and it was perfect for this. I want to see the film again but may have to only see it in IMAX. Seems like it would be disappointing to see them on a regular screen - they'd be so small.

Aladdin

We had mixed reviews in our group. I didn't expect to like Will Smith because I couldn't tell you the last movie of his I saw and really liked. But after the initial opening song, I didn't have any issues. There was one other song sequence that I thought was better in the animated movie, but overall I really liked this as live action.

My mother thought it was dark for kids, but we had a third grader with us and they didn't seem phased. I think if even young kids have seen the animated version, they know how real any peril really is as it's happening.