[Princess Celestia]
    You've come such a long, long way
    And I've watched you from that very first day

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Sing.

It was not bad... The songs were good and made the movie. The animation was actually pretty good as well.
    Good family movie, worth the rental.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The Disney Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

"Victoria and Abdul" -- really enjoyable. Love Stephen Frear's movies, Judy Dench was great (as always), and learning about this little known story that had been hidden for so long was fascinating.

"Nightmare Before Christmas 4D" -- a Halloween tradition for us. The holiday isn't complete without MHP and NBC 4D!

MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Jarhead

I thought it was really well done. Not usually my type of movie, but someone was talking about it the other day.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Winter Wrap Up

Suicide Squad
    Amityville Awakening
    Annabelle Creation

[Princess Celestia]

MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Chips.
    Ok, ok... I knew going in that this movie was going to be sub-par.
    That thought process did not disappoint.
    It just was not entertaining.
    3/10.
    Not even worth the rental from the library... and that was free!

Winter Wrap Up

Happy Death day
    Rock A Doodle

[Princess Celestia]

Captain Phillips really intense. 7/10. Very entertaining. Im glad I saw this on TV with commercial breaks and commentary. Had I seen it in the theater, it would have been too intense.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Halloween Repeat weekend favorites...in a movie theatre!....Saturday-Nightmare Before Christmas, Today- Little Shop of Horrors. Oldies but goodies. Our halloween events have ended.

"What's the matter with the clothes I'm wearing? Can't you tell that they're out of style!"

We have tickets to see "Little Shop" on the 31st. Really looking forward to it! Feeeeeeed Me!!!

Just be prepared that the director's cut is much, much darker.

"You're not a grown up! You're a Dad!" -ARG

Visit my website for my photos and writing
    Read my grandmother and sister's poetry at Generations Poetry

Loved it! We were prepared because we've seen the theater production, as well as the movie, and love both. Foresee this director's cut DVD joining our collection soon...

MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Deepwater Horizon.

Not a bad movie, but it seemed to lack a good amount of substance, given the significance of the event. At around 1:40 in length, its rather short for such a docu-drama. I think Sully was a better choice in that genre.

GusScore: 6/10

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Thor: Ragnarok" - Loved the movie. I had no idea it was going to be quite that funny. Yes, there's an after-some-credits scene, and yes, there's an after-all-credits scene. It's a doozy.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Sometimes, "be the better person" is code for "be a doormat".

MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Passengers.

I didnt really know much about the movie other than it had Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt in it.
    So, I took a chance and I thought it was rather good.
    Ill give it a solid 7.5/10. Not super predictable and a pretty interesting plot. Worth a rental if you are a sci fi fan.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Passengers.

I didnt really know much about the movie other than it had Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt in it.
    So, I took a chance and I thought it was rather good.
    Ill give it a solid 7.5/10. Not super predictable and a pretty interesting plot. Worth a rental if you are a sci fi fan.
    I liked the film for the most part, but there were two things that really bothered me:

The worst was that they let Pratt's character off the hook for purposely bringing Lawrence's character out of the sleep. He decided he was more important than her and then let her believe that it was a mistake. I would have liked more followup to that and the consequences, but once the danger started, she seemed to instantly forgive him and all was well.

The second part really was a matter of logistics. They spent a lot of time with just him awake on the ship, which I get to establish why he ultimately made the decision to bring her out, but everything else was so rushed because there wasn't much time left without making the movie super long.

I think the project would have been a much more interesting exploration of the subject matter as a limited television series.

MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    I liked the film for the most part, but there were two things that really bothered me:
    I can relate to your thoughts. I was thinking pretty much the same thing.

Humor mode:On
    All I know is if I was put in his position and I decided to reanimate someone, my luck would be that person would end up being a total nightmare.

My Cousin Vinny - I d seen it before, but this time I was in just the right mood. CBNT hadnt seen it, so we watched it. Very funny.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by codewoman View Post
    My Cousin Vinny - I d seen it before, but this time I was in just the right mood. CBNT hadn’t seen it, so we watched it. Very funny.
    Nice you were able to watch it with a "yout"

American Made - I'm pretty much over Tom Cruise the action star, but this didn't have much action and was enjoyable enough.

Marshall - It was fine. I didn't expect much, so it surpassed that. I thought it was a biopic, but it's really more a courtroom drama and focuses quite a bit on Josh Gad's character. I couldn't help but compare this to 42, where Chadwick Boseman played Jackie Robinson. Once you let go of the fact that he looks nothing like Thurgood Marshall, I'd say this one comes out on top.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri - Has surprisingly more slurs than Marshall. This movie was pretty dark, and it kept getting more messed up as it went. If you like things neatly wrapped up or clear happy endings, this probably isn't for you. That said, I liked it overall.

MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Ghost in the Shell
    I just could not get into this movie. I think I watched the first 25% of it, then kinda just had it as background noise for the next 50% of it... then I just stopped watching it.
    I wont even give it a GusRating given the fact that it was so bad I have no real desire to finish it.

It shows that even with star power, even a bad movie remains a bad movie.

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Ghost in the Shell
    I just could not get into this movie. I think I watched the first 25% of it, then kinda just had it as background noise for the next 50% of it... then I just stopped watching it.
    I wont even give it a GusRating given the fact that it was so bad I have no real desire to finish it.

It shows that even with star power, even a bad movie remains a bad movie.
    I'm "glad" to read this. I had the original Ghost in the Shell DVD from the 1990s and was surprised to see that there was a remake. I'm not sure that we ever watched the earlier version before we finally gave away the DVD.

Winter Wrap Up

Slasher film Nothing Left to Fear

[Princess Celestia]

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Justice League" - I liked parts of it ok, and I especially liked references to a particular 90s (?) horror film, but I found the story to be very disjointed, and I particularly disliked one of the main premises of the story.

Thor: Ragnarok - Standard for the genre, but with way more humor. It started at the beginning and went all the way through. Also, Chris Hemsworth. Ill give it an 8/10. CBNT wants to see every movie that was previewed. He is smack dab in the epicenter of the target audience.