Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: Last movie seen, part 5

Rocketman - I give it 8/10. The music was fabulous. The cast and storytelling were on point. The sets and costumes were amazing!

Unfortunately, most of the movie was about the terrible times. My son said hed never seen a movie where he wanted to harm most of the characters. At the end of the movie there was a screen scroll about the better times (the most recent 20+ years). But I would have liked to see more of them.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Dark Phoenix" - Overall I enjoyed the film. There is one major plot point that I hate, not just the plot point itself but how it was handled. The performances were spectacular, though. Sophie Turner, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, all around.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Dark Phoenix - I'm ready for Disney to sit on this franchise for awhile before they try again. I was really disappointed by Apocalypse, to the point that I may have blocked some of it. And because of that, I think I would have enjoyed this more if I felt more of a connection to Jean Grey. The story was better than the last Dark Phoenix attempt, but by then I felt more of a connection to Jean, Scott and Logan. I also couldn't get past the amount of time that has supposedly passed since First Class and how old some of the characters should be. Sometimes you can kind of set aside your disbelief if the story is good enough. This wasn't one of those.

Winter Wrap Up

VHS Viral

[Princess Celestia]
    You've come such a long, long way
    And I've watched you from that very first day

Rocketman - I didn't think it was that dark. I don't think I knew much about Elton John, (or at least didn't connect his songs to him) until he became known for his AIDS charity. As everything was happening I was comparing it to what his public persona is now, so that probably clouded how I saw everything.

One thing I've realized that I don't like about these musical biopics is the way they use the music. Like we hear a little bit of one song when he's playing around at the piano, and then we don't hear that song again. In contrast, in A Star is Born we hear Shallow three times because part of the story is the song. Bohemian Rhapsody (kind of) and Rocketman (moreso) force moments into the story in order to fit the songs in. I get that the movie is sort of a jukebox musical, and I appreciate that, and I didn't dislike it, but I also really wanted more story about the evolution of some of the songs themselves.

I did enjoy the way Taron Egerton stepped out of some scenes and seemed to step into the musical numbers. I liked that more than the montages in Bohemian Rhapsody. I also liked the way the end credits showed you all the little nods that were in there.

While I didn't really like it at the time, I'm going to rewatch Kingsman 2, just for the Elton scenes.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"The Secret Life of Pets 2" - I really enjoyed the first film, but this one sort of felt flat. Most of the really funny bits were in the trailer, so that was kind of a letdown. What appealed to me about the first film was learning about what the title says - the secret life of pets. I wanna know what funny stuff that pets do that we don't know about or are mis-interpreted by humans. In the new film, there's a scene in the trailer about the main dog being taken to the vet, which turns out to be a vet for behavioural problems. That scene was hilarious. But there's no followup on any of that. THAT'S the stuff I wanted to see. The main part of the story then becomes a fairly well-used human story, only this time, played out with pets. There's an actor in the first film that I'm not terribly fond of but I liked what he did in the first film, and as expected, he returns in this film, but his character had way more screen time than I would have wanted. And then, another person who I decidedly don't like showed up, and I didn't know that person was going to voice a character in this film, so that did not help my opinion of this film, but I realize that's a personal opinion.

"Ma" - I've been looking forward to this since I saw the first trailer, and it did not disappoint. There were some familiar moments, and I really wish so much of the story hadn't already been given away in the trailer, but I still enjoyed the film. I liked Octavia Spencer in "Hidden Figures" and "Gifted", and this was a VERY different role for her. And she was spectacular.

"Men in Black: International" - I enjoyed this film a lot. I've seen the original film, though way after the fact, and I thought it was ok. I liked this film better, but I think a lot of that has to do with my liking pretty much all of the main actors in this film. I liked how the plot developed, and there was action as you'd expect but also a lot of humour. Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson are able to play off each other in a way that they weren't able to do in Thor: Ragnarok, so that was a lot of fun. An actress that I have a stupid reason for disliking showed up in this film that I didn't expect but she was pretty good, so I begrudgingly liked her in this. It's definitely set up for more films in the franchise. (Weird note: I'd noticed that they'd pretty much hidden Liam Neeson in the trailers for this film. Not surprising given the recent controversy he was involved in, and they wouldn't want to tank the film by advertising his participation. In the trailer, you never see him, but you do hear his voice. I expect that was because they figured most people wouldn't know his voice and so wouldn't be turned off the film if they were going to be inclined to be so because he's in it.)

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Read Everything-Assume Nothing
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

A Silent Voice
    Ok, Ill be honest here... I had no idea to expect. It popped up as a recommended film on Netflix. And with that, Ive never really watched any sort of Anime movie before. Sure, maybe a series here and there, but never a film.
    Fortunately it was well dubbed in English, as I do not like dealing with subtitles.

I was really moved by this film. Very well done and there were a lot of parts where I just didnt know what to expect. It caused me to think a bit about the storyline and how it probably is more true to life for some that may watch it.

Ill probably even watch it again in the future if for no other reason, I am sure I missed certain details.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Toy Story 4" - There were things I liked about it, but overall, I thought TS3 had been a good ending to the franchise, and I didn't ultimately think the things that were done in this film were needed to complete the franchise. The story didn't go where I wanted and expected it to go. And, I felt two of the new characters were forced on me without letting me getting to know them, whereas a new character I don't recall seeing in the trailer (though I might have only seen the teaser trailer) really caught my attention and I liked that story. And, if you don't normally stay through the credits, just a suggestion to do that for this film. And I do mean ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE CREDITS. I liked the payoff.

Winter Wrap Up

Return of the Living Dead and FrankenWeenie

[Princess Celestia]

Read Everything-Assume Nothing
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

TS4 -
    I walked out of the theater rather satisfied. I thought it was wonderfully done with supurb animation.... especially when compared to when the series first started.

I wont say much else to help avoid spoilers.... but Im giving it a solid 9/10.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Winter Wrap Up

Night of the Demons 2
    Night of the Demons 2009
    Hell House LLC

[Princess Celestia]

Spider-Man: Far from Home

I just got off a cruise ship that showed Infinity War and The Intern over and over again almost constantly.

I liked it. There were some nitpicky things that bothered me. This probably won't be one I'll stop and watch multiple times when I see it again.

There is both a mid credit and end credit scene. I thought they were interesting given that there are currently several MCU movies in development, but not production and nothing coming out. That really hasn't been the case for a long time.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Spiderman: Far From Home" - Overall, I enjoyed the film, but I thought the script wasn't nearly on par with most other Marvel movies. The story was kind of weak. There was something that I disliked about the story, so I'm glad that the after-credits scene at least explained/excused it.

Winter Wrap Up

Pandemic

[Princess Celestia]

Toy Story 4 9/10!

Ready for Summer in the Fun and Sun!

"Yesterday" -- charming movie! Really enjoyed the casting and the humor. So funny how well we know the Beatles' songs, even when we don't think we're all that familiar with them.

Winter Wrap Up

Quarantine
    Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever
    Return of the Living Dead 3

[Princess Celestia]

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"The Farewell" - I've been looking forward to seeing this since I heard about it when they were talking about news from the Sundance Film Festival. I really enjoyed the film, though I have to admit it made me think about a lot of things that hit close to home. So many struggles for the characters to deal with, and it's not a matter of who's right or wrong - just perspective.

I've been looking forward to seeing that movie, too. The trailer was so interesting. Glad you enjoyed it.

Winter Wrap Up

Devil Inside and Wreck it Ralph 2

[Princess Celestia]