Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread: Last movie seen, part 5

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Terminator: Dark Fate" - I enjoyed this film a lot, though I know it's going to upset a certain segment of the population. That's ok - they get upset all the time. It was great seeing Linda Hamilton again. And I really liked the actress who plays the other protector. She looked familiar but I couldn't place her. A quick search of IMDB says I've seen her in two previous films - "Tully" and "Blade Runner 2049", and I liked her in both. The action and stunts are super-hyped, and there are a lot of funny moments as well. There's a LOT more swearing in this film than in all of the prior films combined.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Harriet" - After seeing the trailer for the first time, I was already hooked. The film does not disappoint at all. Great job by literally everyone. And Cynthia Erivo is amazing. I've seen her in 3 films now and loved her in all of them. I'm really hoping the song from the film is nominated for Best Original Song. I would love to see them sing that on stage.

And no matter how many stories or movies I see about slavery, I will never understand how anyone could possibly feel, think or act that way to fellow human beings.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

Last edited by Scamp2019; 11-06-2019 at 11:39 AM.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Last Christmas" - I like Emilia Clarke and I like Henry Golding, but I really wasn't in the mood for a rom-com. But I went anyway. And I'm really glad I did. This is not your traditional rom-com, and I really enjoyed it. I also didn't know who else was in the film, and I didn't know who one of the co-writers was, or I would have been more excited to see the film beforehand. Definitely a recommend.

Who else is in the film:

Emma Thompson and Michelle Yeoh. I laughed when I saw Michelle Yeoh's name because I thought she was going to play Henry Golding's mom again. Nope.

Who one of the co-writers is:

Emma Thompson. She's got such great dialogue, very turn of phrase. I loved Late Night. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend that too.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

I just realized I made a mistake in my second spoiler comment.

Emma Thompson didn't write Late Night. Mindy Kaling did. Emma just did a great job delivering the acerbic lines. Emma has written other things, though. I think she was nominated for a screenplay - Sense and Sensibility, maybe?

I'm glad you liked it because I was really on the fence on this one. Now I think we're going to add it to the list.

The Wolfman 2010
    Silence of the Lambs
    Red Dragon
    The Cell 2000