Kill Bill Vol. 2

[Princess Celestia]
    You've come such a long, long way
    And I've watched you from that very first day

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thor: Ragnarok
    Liked it. Was not the best Thor movie in my opinion, but it had the most humor.
    Ill give it a good 7.5/10. Was worth the rental for sure.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Winter Wrap Up

Better Watch Out Safe Neighbourhood

[Princess Celestia]

Blog Entries

The Florida Project
    From an artistic point of view, it was actually well done. It had a raw feel to it and felt like it could be very realistic.
    However, if you are a Disney fan thinking that this has -anything- to do with Disney, please look elsewhere.
    (No, I did not make that mistake --- just saying.)

I wont watch it again. its just not my style of movie.

I wont even rate it... again, not because it was bad, but just because I would not be fair to it.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Leap

I have no idea why they thought that was a good name. I was very grateful that they set up a "plot twist" but didn't follow through. The movie was better without it. It was an okay movie, definitely worth waiting for it to come to Netflix.

Winter Wrap Up

Problem Child 2

[Princess Celestia]

Finally saw Coco...and yes I cried. Immediately went out and bought it

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Wasn't it lovely? The artwork alone moved me to tears, so I was already weepy when the storyline got going.

Winter Wrap Up

The Terrible Two 2018

[Princess Celestia]

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Ready Player One" - Absolutely loved the film. I thought they did an amazing job. And, I'm a Steven Spielberg fan, and I'm familiar with his style of directing and some of his signature moves. That being said, if I had not known it going in, I wouldn't have guessed that he directed this. It's very different from his normal style of directing but was well suited for this film. I had planned to read the book ahead of time, and I'd started it last year when I'd first heard about the movie, but circumstances arose where I didn't get very far into the book, and I didn't want to read it right before seeing the movie, so now that I've seen the movie, I can read the book.

There are sooooooo many pop culture references. I got a lot of them, but I know there are more I didn't get. And my friends and I didn't all get the same ones. I mentioned one specific homage to another film, and one of my friends hadn't gotten that reference. I look forward to someone putting together a comprehensive list of all the references in the movie, whether visual or audio.

There is one segment of about 20 minutes in this movie that absolutely bothered me to no end, and it's completely personal to me, not something anyone else might have an issue with. Putting in spoiler tags:

There is an entire segment that mimics the movie "The Shining". It was almost literally my worse nightmare. While I appreciate that it was a well-made movie, it was probably the most terrifying movie I've ever seen, and I've vowed never to see the movie or even parts of it, or even discuss it, ever again. We went to a seminar a couple years ago about the films of Stanley Kubrick, and when they showed a clip from this film, I threw my jacket over my head and put my hands over my ears so I couldn't hear or see it. Having to watch them recreate parts of the film was horrendous for me. The only saving grace for me was that it didn't have the absolute most terrifying (for me) thing from the original movie. I did ask a friend if that segment came from the book, and she said no. As I recall, Spielberg is a huge Kubrick fan, so I think I'm going to blame him for the inclusion, unless I read something to the contrary. I know I'll see the film at least one more time, so I'm just going to have to figure out how to make it through this segment again.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I also adored this movie. CBNT is a huge fan of the book. He was anticipating the movie with trepidation, because hed heard It diverged from the book quite a bit. Then he heard good things about the movie. We didnt know what to think.

We went to the movie at 10 pm on Wednesday. I was afraid Id fall asleep! I was wide awake through the whole thing. CBNT was like a little kid. He loved it.

One character is played by an actor weve seen somewhere else and it added to the depth of his role (both are similar). Going in, CBNT thought another actor didnt fit the role, but after seeing the movie, said they were the perfect choice.

I see this becoming a cult movie. I know I want to watch it multiple times, with a pause button, just to see the set designs in detail. It was amazing!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Winter Wrap Up

The 5th Kind
    Area 51 051: Confidental
    The Encounter
    Alien Valley

Last edited by Scamp; 03-30-2018 at 11:36 AM.
    [Princess Celestia]

"Isle of Dogs" -- two paws up! Love Wes Anderson films.

Blog Entries

Pitch Perfect 3.
    It was good. Real good. Though I think the first one still remains as the best.
    The soundtrack was excellent and well mixed for the home theater. Perfect for a musical.
    Good fun. Ill give it a solid 8 as a GusScore.

Blog Entries

Black Panther - Excellent film. A rather complex plot... not super predictable. 9/10 on the GusScore.

Rampage

A popcorn flick that it best watched with your mind turned 1/2 off.

I am not fluent in ASL but what Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was signing as calm seemed like a sing-song version of stop. Every time I saw that it distracted me. I tried to google it when I got home but can't figure out what he was trying to sign except stop.

His name sign was Rock

Winter Wrap Up

American Poltergeist 3 The Hospital

[Princess Celestia]

A Quiet Play 8/10 as hardly any dialogue there. Need to see it to believe it.

April Showers and Easter 2024!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"A Quiet Place" - I'd seen the trailer and was interested but wasn't sure if it would be too scary for me. It was pretty darn scary. Terrific directing job by John Krasinski, and I really think Emily Blunt deserves a nomination for this.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Rampage" - I used to love playing the arcade video game, so I'll admit I was a bit concerned about how the movie would turn out, but I still wanted to see it. And it was a lot of fun! They actually incorporated some ideas from the game into the film but did a different take on it. Some of the characters are pretty one-dimensional, but hey, that's par for the course for this kind of movie.

Blockers 8/10 as very funny if you can tolerate foul language and some naughty stuff. John Cena is very funny and can act.

April Showers and Easter 2024!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Avengers: Infinity War" - Wow. Can't really say anything cause it's basically all spoilers. The only thing I will say was that I was concerned because SO MANY characters would be in it. They did a great job of grouping characters so it never felt like characters were just being thrown at you. People appeared in places and times that made sense, and I never felt confused or ripped away from a scene. Great job with the writing and the editing.

Oh, and of course, there's an after-credits scene. Someone had to explain the very last thing on screen to me.

Winter Wrap Up

Paranormal Activity The Ghost Dimension

[Princess Celestia]

Blog Entries

Avengers - Infinity War.
    Excellent film. No spoilers here but it is is unlike any of the other Avengers movies, let alone other movies in the MCU.
    Some may disagree with me on this but if you have not seen some of the other Marvel movies, you may be a bit confused at times. Its not a requirement, but it helps because there are very few background references.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Avengers - Infinity War.
    Excellent film. No spoilers here but it is is unlike any of the other Avengers movies, let alone other movies in the MCU.
    Some may disagree with me on this but if you have not seen some of the other Marvel movies, you may be a bit confused at times. Its not a requirement, but it helps because there are very few background references.
    I would be surprised if anyone were to claim that one wouldn't be confused or lost if they haven't seen at least some of the other Marvel movies. A co-worker has only seen "Black Panther", and she wants to see "Infinity War", but she knows, and I've told her, that a lot of story and relationships won't mean anything to her because she hasn't seen the other films. She knows who some of the other characters are but not a lot of them. I'm glad they didn't give a lot of reference in the film. There's no time, and you kind of have to expect that in a joint-cast movie like this, people have to know the prior history.