Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie seen, part 5

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Incredibles 2
    Loved it, loved it, loved it!!

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

2. # ADS

Winter Wrap Up

Once Upon a Time in America 1984

[Princess Celestia]
    You've come such a long, long way
    And I've watched you from that very first day

Hearts Beat Loud.

Recommend. I'm not sure what to say. If you liked Ladybird you'll like this. If you didn't like certain things about Ladybird, you'll still like this.

Winter Wrap Up

Night of the Demons 1988

[Princess Celestia]

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Ant Man and Wasp - I enjoyed the film a lot. Lots of really funny parts. Paul Rudd was spot on in a couple of sections.

The first time that Michelle Pfeiffer's character inhabits his body, he has a hand gesture that's just perfect as her.

I'm intrigued by the character of Ghost. Would like to see more. I knew I recognized the actress but couldn't place her until after the movie, when someone told me she was in Ready Player One. Oh, right. I liked her in that too.

It was nice to see Laurence Fishburne. And I loved the cameo location.

The university where they track him down is Cal!

And I really liked Evangeline Lilly. It's taken me a while to separate her from her Lost character. This might have done it.

First bonus scene - oh.my.goodness. It was funny because it was clear that some of the people watching this movie had no idea what it meant.

Second bonus scene - It was funny, but then afterward, I read about something else in that scene that I didn't notice. I'll have to look for it the next time I see it and then decide if I agree with the analysis.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Should I see Ant Man, first? I know it was good, just never got around to it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by codewoman View Post
    Should I see Ant Man, first? I know it was good, just never got around to it.
    I only saw Ant Man once, when it first came out. (There's one story point in the first film that really bugged me. I think they mostly avoided that in the second film.) I meant to see it again before seeing the sequel but didn't have the time. There are probably things I missed in the second one because I didn't know the first one very well, but I think as long as you know the basic story (origin of Ant Man), you should be ok. There are actually two other films in the MCU that get referenced in Ant Man and Wasp.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Winter Wrap Up

The Two Towers
    The Battle of the Five Armies
    The Great Ziegfield

[Princess Celestia]

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again" - I thought it was a little slower than the first one, and I wasn't as engaged with the new actors, but I still enjoyed it overall. Interesting to hear songs I didn't already know. Cried twice, I think. The ending was a riot, as usual.

Sorry to Bother You.

Well... At the risk if being spoiler-y, it's kind of Downsizing meets Get Out. If you saw the trailer, that's not the movie.

It's been a movie--palooza week so far:
    "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" -- absolutely loved this. Both Mr. Tea and I are huge Mr. Rogers fans. Loved the pacing, loved the memories. If the show makes you sentimental, bring tissues.
    "Three Identical Strangers" -- engrossing story, very moving, very well told. What an ironic follow up to our first movie of the week -- this story came about because of a study that was run by people who wanted to "help" children, but the more that is revealed about their agenda, the more questions arise about the motives and principles of everyone involved. Definitely not Mr. Rogers people at all.
    "Incredibles 2" -- after movie #2, it was time for something totally fun. This was it! Loved Edna, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    "Three Identical Strangers" -- engrossing story, very moving, very well told. What an ironic follow up to our first movie of the week -- this story came about because of a study that was run by people who wanted to "help" children, but the more that is revealed about their agenda, the more questions arise about the motives and principles of everyone involved. Definitely not Mr. Rogers people at all.
    I probably won't make time to see this until/unless it comes to Netflix but what little I've read about this documentary the more interested I've become. Glad to hear that it was well made.

Winter Wrap Up

The Gangs of New York
    Lincoln 2012

[Princess Celestia]

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies - After I saw the trailer I knew I'd be seeing this movie. I've never even seen the show, but the trailer looked that good. It totally lived up to my expectations. Lots of superhero movie references and completely watchable for adults.

Three Identical Strangers - I liked it, but I feel like this is just as compelling if you wait to see it on TV.

Kingsman. I hadnt seen the real version- only the edited for TV version. Even better with the profanity, I think.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Mama Mia 10/10
    Equalizer 2 9/10
    Hotel Translyvania 10/10

April Showers and Easter 2024!

I've seen Teen Titans Go to the Movies. Not a fan of the series but I love the movie.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Crazy Rich Asians" - Absolutely loved this movie. It's funnier if you know Chinese/other Asian cultures, but it's damn funny even if you don't. And, it's about Chinese culture and class differences, but it's also about the expectations that people have about themselves and others. I've always liked Michelle Yeoh, but she is absolutely fantastic in this. I'm hoping she gets a nomination.

I'm also amused that while the film doesn't open until next Wednesday, they did special screenings last night. I'm figuring it was because of the date, AND the screenings started at 8. 8 is a lucky number in Chinese culture.

Some may know I was not a fan of the storyline of the animated short "Bao". You want to see a better presentation of the relationship between a Chinese mother and son? Go see this.

Mission Impossible - Fallout.

What does it say that I couldn't remember which number this is in the franchise, and that I don't really remember any details of any of them except the first one?

But it was a free screening, so I went.

There was an attempt at continuity or something like it, so you might want to see the last one as a refresher. But honestly, it's an action movie, you don't really have to.

I'm not sure I was ever impressed by the Tom-Cruise-does-a-danagerous-stunt angle they always seem to take. I like Ving Rhames in this. I've liked Simon Pegg more in other things. Overall it was pretty neutral, but probably not the worst thing out right now.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"The Meg" - It was a lot of fun. Good shark action, lots of humour throughout, some good character moments. I might need to see it again. There was one bit that I had figured out was going to happen, but I wasn't sure of the exact moment or how it was going to be done, so I avoided looking straight on for a bit. Now that I pretty much know when and what, I want to be able to see it in full.

Want to go see "Crazy Rich Asians" and "Christopher Robin" as a Disney fan!

April Showers and Easter 2024!

Crazy Rich Asians - so fab and I want this one to be available in IMAX. Let see if this movie will dazzle even more.

I was a little disappointed by Christopher Robin. The plot was just kind of meh. It wasn't really that funny or that charming or emotional. It just kind of happened. I liked Pooh and Eeyore, but not enough to save the movie. The kids in the theater seemed bored. I didn't really think it was supposed to be a kids movie, but it seemed like they hedged just enough to make it pretty bland.

I saw Crazy Rich Asians last week. I had been chomping at the bit ever since I heard they were making the movie. I had read all three books and was really looking forward to the movie - it did not disappoint. Loved it Loved it Loved it!

I totally want to see this. Ive heard only good things.