Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29

Thread: Last movie seen, part 5

Brittany Runs a Marathon - The trailer sells this as a comedy. I wouldn't go that far. Pretty much every joke is in the trailer, and some are pretty far out of context for the scene. There were parts that are pretty awkward. And I think if you're a very literal person the running/training scenes may bother you. That said, I'd recommend it, but it's not a run out and see movie. It's better than a lot of the direct-to-streaming releases, but I'd still say Redbox or streaming are the way to go with this one.

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"You Are Here - A Come From Away Story" - It was as emotional as you might expect, especially seeing it today. It was nice to see the actual people from the story, though because there are so many people, you don't get as much depth into each story. It was interesting to see the real people after having heard their stories from the show itself.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I attempted to watch Aquaman.
    I had wanted to see it when it first came out, looked like a fun movie, but never got around to it. So finally got a chance to sit down and watch it this past weekend. I couldn't get thru it. I don't know one comic book franchise from another, and I'm not terribly concerned to become immersed in either. I just thought maybe it would be a good movie.

Mrs. Slocombe is my spirit animal

www.snortrescue.org

www.merlotcottage.net

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ericles View Post
    If it's something you still have available and can watch again, I recommend watching the Kraken scene towards the end of the movie. It's voiced by a very well known person associated with Disney and is completely worth hearing their contribution.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

I had wanted to see it when it first came out, looked like a fun movie, but never got around to it. So finally got a chance to sit down and watch it this past weekend. I couldn't get thru it. I don't know one comic book franchise from another, and I'm not terribly concerned to become immersed in either. I just thought maybe it would be a good movie.
    Sorry to hear that. I absolutely loved Aquaman and have probably seen it 5 or 6 times. Its a "stop everything and watch" film for me whenever it is on. Plus he is such eye candy!
    Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Eye candy he is. But I understand he was ... not great to the crew. On the flight home he was more relaxed. But during filming, not so much. That dampened my desire to see the film.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Hustlers" - It was ok but really not much more than ok. It had a lot of potential but the framing device they decided to use to tell the story really brought the story repeatedly to a screeching halt, I thought. Both Jennifer Lopez and Constance Wu have their moments, but in the long run, I didn't really know why the film was made. I found myself bored and my attention wandering a lot. And other than it just being a paying job, I have no idea why Julia Stiles did this movie. It was a very vanilla part, and not even a very big one. And there was zero explanation for the catalyst that started the whole thing. If not for one event, none of the rest would have happened but there wasn't any real reason why the spark happened at all.

Aquaman is my favorite comic, so I pushed through it. Twice.

It definitely throws a lot at you. Like every underwater kingdom and a whole bunch of customs and mythology. Plus by the final battle every aquatic creature you can imagine, and then some. I can see how it's a lot if you are trying to follow it, but don't really need to understand it. If you want to try to understand it, maybe try subtitles? If not, just know, most of the dialogue isn't really critical to following the movie either. It's definitely one where it's ok to coast and just watch the visuals.

Natural Born Killers
    Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines

Juno. It is a sweet movie. I love the main characters sense of humor. Allison Janney was great! I couldnt predict the ending, which I liked. They really told a story.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
    Army of Darkness

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Abominable" - I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I really enjoyed the film. I don't think the trailers and advertising are doing a very good job at all at selling this film and telling you what the story is about. Returning the yeti to his home is just the catalyst for other things happening. It's funny and sweet and just a good movie. I definitely expect it to be nominated for Best Animated Feature. If you don't normally stay through the credits, I would do so for this film. It's not a huge payoff but worth it.

Evil Dead 2013
    The House of 1000 Corpses
    The Devil's Rejects

"Downton Abbey" (or Downtown Abbey, as Mr. Tea calls it) -- very fun! -- which was a relief since we still haven't seen any of the shows yet. Surprisingly easy to follow for total newbies, which says a lot for the writers and director. Went out to our favorite Indian restaurant for dinner beforehand, in honor of Geraldine James (Queen Mary) and "The Jewel in the Crown" (one of our favorites).

Im glad to hear this. I want to see the movie but had no chance before this weekend. And, here in Aurora, I hesitate to enter a theater with The Joker playing. I may have missed my chance.

Bowling for Columbine
    The Exorcist 1973
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Ad Astro 8/10 Star Power Helped It Out!

Ready for October Skies!

a) Deadpool is one of my all time favorite movies.
    a.1) except for Moana.
    b) Just finally watched Repo Man last night. Interesting. Perhaps if I'd watched it in the mid 80's when it first came out, I'd understand the 98% on Rotten Tomatoes. Otherwise I'd put it down around the 80-85%.
    c) Not the last movie I watched but really good and surprising: Train to Busan. And it's Spooktober, so it's pretty seasonal!

Trips to DL: 2x 1978-1988, 90, 95, 98, 99, 00, 05 (2x), 10, 12, 15, 16, 17(2x), 18, 19(2x). Planned WDW March 2020.
    Me: 44, DH: 47, DD: 15, DS: 11

Rio
    Friday the 13th Part 2
    Ferdinand