Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: Last movie seen, part 5

Read Everything-Assume Nothing
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Watched Say Anything again.
    Such a good movie. Stands the test of time. Had a blast reciting lines along with the movie with my daughter.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

2. # ADS

Rebel Wilson only good thing in "Isn't It Romantic" 5/10!. Wait for DVD!

Disney World Rocks

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Watched Say Anything again.
    Such a good movie. Stands the test of time. Had a blast reciting lines along with the movie with my daughter.
    “Kickboxing. Sport of the future.”

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    "How to Train Your Dragon: Hidden World" - I enjoyed the film but I didn't think it was as good as the first two, both of which I loved. I also wish the ending had been a little different, omitting the very end of the film.
    The ad for Universal Parks & Resorts? But seriously, I think I agree about the ending and will elaborate in a spoiler.

I expected it to fade to credits after Toothless allowed the kids to place their hands on his head. The following scene with them all flying with the dragons seemed superfluous to me.
    "You're not a grown up! You're a Dad!" -ARG

Visit my website for my photos and writing
    Read my grandmother and sister's poetry at Generations Poetry

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Greta" - I was really looking forward to this film because the trailer caught my attention, and I really like Isabelle Huppert. I think I would have liked the movie better had I not already known about 2/3rd of the story from the trailer. I did like the movie generally and there are some nice turns if you haven't already seen the trailer many times.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot.

Yep. That happened.

The plot itself moves pretty slowly, but, spoiler alert, the movie features Hitler and Bigfoot.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Fighting with my Family" - Based on a true story and taken from an Academy Award winning documentary. I really liked this film. I realized afterward that I did watch some wresting when I was a kid, and I'm pretty sure it was pre-WWE and even pre-WWF. But I don't think you have to have any knowledge or interest in wrestling to enjoy this film. The acting is superb all around, and the events would be completely unbelievable if most of it weren't actually true. I keep hearing people lamenting the lack of available family films. This is a terrific family film, teaching you to believe in yourself, working for your goals, and the power of having a family that supports you.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    "Fighting with my Family" This is a terrific family film, teaching you to believe in yourself, working for your goals, and the power of having a family that supports you.
    I'm so glad that you liked this movie! It's on my relatively short list of films I want to see. Now I just need to find/make the time...

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Captain Marvel" - Overall, I liked the film. It felt a little slow at times, but it's a very talky film, much more than the other MCU films, and I wasn't expecting that. But there's a lot to unpack and figure out and discover in this film. I'll probably enjoy it more the next time I see it, now that I know the pacing is different in this film. That's not to say there aren't a lot of terrific action sequences as well. I watched Guardians of the Galaxy again last weekend to refresh my memory about the Kree, and that helped to situate me a bit. I really like Annette Bening, but her performance seemed off a few times to me. Same with Brie Larson, who I like but there were a few moments when I didn't believe her performance. Will have to see how I feel next time I see it. Really liked seeing a different side to Nick Fury. And, not surprisingly, I loved Goose the cat, who has his own Twitter emoji!

And this is another of those films where my advice is don't leave until they show the ratings card or turn the projector off. It amazes me that so many people still leave an MCU movie before the very end.

Spoiler comment about a plot point:

I've seen some complaints about the explanation for Fury's inoperative eye. I loved how that played out. Yeah, Fury is tough and has been through so many bad battles, so he must have had his eye taken in some horrible fight. Nope. Mostly a mundane, off-the-cuff event. That's how life works sometimes. Simple everyday life sometimes gives you major curveballs. And besides, Goose isn't JUST a cat.

Oh, and my brain making weird connections has decided that Captain America is uncle to Captain Marvel because Chris Evans played McKenna Grace's uncle in a terrific film called Gifted, and McKenna Grace plays a young Carol in this.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing
    MousePad Administrator
    Blog Entries

Also saw Captain Marvel. Thought it was a great movie, while at the same time I have to agree with much of what cstephens mentioned above. There was an AHA moment where the backstory and current timeline clicked, which set the stage for the rest of the film. I give it a solid 8.5/10.

And as for the credit scenes.... 90% of the crowd was still there for the first one.
    30% was there for the last one.

I wish people would learn.

Also... The Blues Brothers - Unrated Edition.
    Ok, This is one of my favorite movies and when I saw this version on Amazon, I had to see what the differences were. To the casual observer, it may not seem like much, but to someone who knows the movie well - there was a lot added. It doesn't really add to the plot or anything like that - but it was including deleted scenes back in. Extended song scenes and some funny stuff that must have hit the cutting room floor.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Finally saw Bohemian Rhapsody. Amazing film and they didn't pull any punches. As Brian May was one of the executive producers and he and the rest of the band were technical advisors, I feel it was pretty right on. Yes, I cried, a lot. And that Oscar for Best Actor (and the other awards for acting and film) were well well deserved. As I was one who watched Live Aid live when it was aired and watched it mainly for Queen, that scene was amazing. I also didn't realize that Freddie had already been diagnosed with AIDS when he performed at it. I always wondered why he did the extra emphasis on "I thank you all" when he sang We Are The Champions during that performance. Now I know. Again, amazing film and performance.

ETA: I saw a side by side comparison of the actual Live Aid performance and the film's version. It was pretty much a step by step, look by look, movement by movement exact replica.

Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl