Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie seen, part 5

Quote Originally Posted by codewoman View Post
    I totally want to see this. I’ve heard only good things.
    The books were sooooo good. I still have my copies, PM me if you'd like me to send them to you

2. # ADS

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Seaching" - Can't say much because all of it would be spoilers, but it's a really amazing film. Great job all around. The script is outstanding and the execution of the concept of the film is pretty brilliant.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

"Operation Finale" -- really good movie, great cast. Suspenseful and kept us focused all the way to the end, even though we knew how the real story ended.

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" on the big screen at the El Capitan. Love this movie and love seeing it on the big screen -- so much detail, and I notice something new every time!

Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone (#1) & Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (#2) - in the theater. Turns out AMC is showing two HP movies each Sunday in September.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" on the big screen at the El Capitan. Love this movie and love seeing it on the big screen -- so much detail, and I notice something new every time!
    My family took me to this on Sunday for my birthday. I was 11 when it first came out, and it remains one of my favorite movies of all time. I had a blast.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"The Little Stranger" - It's a bit of an odd movie, but it's definitely reliant on a terrific cast. I'm still unpacking the plot - it didn't quite go where I expected.

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"The Predator" - It had some good moments, but the script wasn't very good, either in plot or dialogue. Most of the performances were pretty average.

There was one funny Disney-related moment.

At one point, they're at some super secret installation, and they walk into the lobby, which then turns out to be an elevator that goes down. As it starts to descend, one of the guys says "Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it your imagination?" Another guy looks at him with irritation and says, "Every time?"

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"A Simple Favor" - I'd been intrigued by the trailer. The film definitely lived up to the trailer and more. Fantastic script, and terrific performances by Anna Kendrick, Blake Lively and Henry Golding. It's definitely an R rated film, though, for language and situations and themes. A definite recommend.

"Up" at the El Capitan -- what a breathtaking achievement in animation. That movie never fails to take my breath away.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"A Star is Born" - I really enjoyed the film. Bradley Cooper was fantastic as an actor and really good as a director. Nice debut. Lady Gaga was very good as well. It's a little long and very talky but very engaging. Hadn't seen any of the previous incarnations of the film.

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - It took awhile for me to get into it. But I liked it better as time wore on. By the time it finished, I really liked it. Im not a fan of the post-apocalyptic vibe, so once it got past that, I relaxed and followed the plot better.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

The Wife.

Meh. It was a screener, so I saw it for free. There is buzz about Glenn Close for an Oscar. I don't see it.

A Star is Born...

Bradley Cooper is better than he has ever been. Lady Gaga is a revelation. Direction was engaging. I will say the script feels chopped up. I would bet it ran MUCH longer and things were cut. I would love to see the uncut version. Soundtrack is spectacular. I predict Oscars for Gaga and Cooper x 2. I do not see Oscar for screenplay.

Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't

High School here she comes!

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"The Hate U Give" - It was a fantastic movie all around - screenplay and performances. Very tense in parts. Thematically, a lot to consider.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - It took awhile for me to get into it. But I liked it better as time wore on. By the time it finished, I really liked it. Im not a fan of the post-apocalyptic vibe, so once it got past that, I relaxed and followed the plot better.
    Have you read the book(s)? I'm not sure I'd characterize it as a post-apocalyptic story given the setting and reasons. I don't have a valid opinion on the movie. I knew the books too well to be able to be objective about the movie.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Venom" - It was ok but even understanding that it's an origins story, it was pretty slow and took a while to build. The standout performance for me was Riz Ahmed. I really liked him in Rogue One, and he was fantastic here. I found his performance to be more compelling than Tom Hardy's. Conversely, while I normally like Michelle Williams, I thought she seemed completely lost in this film, and I didn't believe her for a second.

Oh, and you're going to want to stay through the credits. And if you stay through ALL the credits, there's a non-Venom bonus at the end.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Bad Times at the El Royale" - It takes a minute to set up, but once it does, it's a roller coaster ride, with the corresponding twists and turns. Loved the script and the performances.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Colette" - I'm not a big Keira Knightley fan, but the film caught my attention when I saw the trailer some months back. Loved the film, and she was fantastic. Interesting (and a little scary) how relevant many of the topics in the film are now, even though the setting of the film (based on a true story) is France quite some time ago.

First Man

I think how you feel.about this movie will depend on your view on NASA in the 60s. It moved slowly. There were some stunning visuals at the end, but it's not a movie about that one mission. I feel like it will be talked about a lot for the next several months.

I was very impressed by "First Man" overall. It was extremely well-acted, covered parts of the story that I wasn't as familiar with, and the space flight sequences were incredible. I will warn, particularly since there have been a lot of "see it on the biggest screen you can find", that the entire movie is shot in the documentary-style "shaky cam" approach. I saw it in a Dolby Cinema theater and had to periodically close my eyes as I was getting motion sickness. Contrary to what you might expect, this was mainly a problem during regular dialog scenes on the ground and not during the flight or moon sequences.

I actually met Neal Armstrong when I was in college (around 1990) when my school gave him an honorary degree. He gave a talk that focused on his engineering experience (I went to an engineering-focused college) and then provided live narration as we watched the video footage of the moon landing. The talk and reception were only open to a limited number of attendees, but I made use of my position as editor-in-chief of the school newspaper and assigned myself to the story. That was definitely a memorable event and a real privilege, particularly since Armstrong didn't do a lot of public appearances.

"You're not a grown up! You're a Dad!" -ARG

Visit my website for my photos and writing
    Read my grandmother and sister's poetry at Generations Poetry

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Bohemian Rhapsody" - I'm a Queen fan but not a very knowledgeable one. I didn't know the background story of Freddie Mercury, so that was really interesting. Rami Malek was fantastic. Actually, I liked everyone in the movie. And even though I saw his name in the credits, the first time I saw the movie, I didn't realize who was playing the EMI exec who refused to issue "Bohemian Rhapsody" as a single.

It was Mike Myers. The second time I saw the movie, I remembered it was him so stared really hard at him. It took a lot of concentration to hear his voice and find his facial features before I did actually see that it was Mike Myers. Great bit of casting.
    Terrific film. Some people are talking about an Oscar nomination. I'm not confident that would happen for a film like this.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Deadpool 2
    OMG this movie was funny... and violent at the same time! It was real good. So many breaks of the 4th wall, the shtick got a little old.

Life of the Party
    Really liked it. I think one of McCarthy's better films. There were a lot of references to past college films as well. (Animal house, PCU, etc...)

Ready Player One
    Really liked this as well. I really want to watch it again just for the Easter eggs. It was a wee bit long, but I dont think it could have been done better if it was not for the running time. If you are something of even a casual gamer, you would love the references. But even my non-sci-fi wife liked it as well.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    "Bohemian Rhapsody" - I'm a Queen fan but not a very knowledgeable one. I didn't know the background story of Freddie Mercury, so that was really interesting. Rami Malek was fantastic. Actually, I liked everyone in the movie. And even though I saw his name in the credits, the first time I saw the movie, I didn't realize who was playing the EMI exec who refused to issue "Bohemian Rhapsody" as a single.

It was Mike Myers. The second time I saw the movie, I remembered it was him so stared really hard at him. It took a lot of concentration to hear his voice and find his facial features before I did actually see that it was Mike Myers. Great bit of casting.
    Terrific film. Some people are talking about an Oscar nomination. I'm not confident that would happen for a film like this.
    I loved it! I imagine it didnt really cover some things as thoroughly as it could have. But now Im inclined to look for more information. Also, to see the movie again for the actor playing the record company exec.

I probably annoyed my neighbors playing the music after the movie.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    I loved it! I imagine it didnt really cover some things as thoroughly as it could have. But now Im inclined to look for more information. Also, to see the movie again for the actor playing the record company exec.
    One other thing I didn't realize until I was reading more stuff the other day - the actor who plays bassist John Deacon is someone I know from other movies. I hadn't really been paying attention to the actors' names because I didn't know most of them, but somehow, I saw his name in an article and it clicked. Amazement, since the last time I saw him was when he was a little kid.

Joseph Mazzello played the younger brother in the original "Jurassic Park". He was also in "Radio Flyer" with Elijah Wood.

"Halloween" - Finally had a chance to see the recent movie. They did a pretty good job with the story. There were the usual plot problems inherent in stories like this so that the film can properly move along, but it was still good. It was fun watching Jamie Lee Curtis again. Definitely tense and scary in parts.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Widows" - It starts off a bit slowly and takes a while to develop but it gets on a roll after a while. I think part of the issue is that the trailers depict it as a heist film, but that's just a plot point. It's really about so much else and is very much a character driven film. SOOOOO many people that I recognize are in the film, including some that I didn't see in the trailers but then showed up in the film. Even a woman that I like that I recently saw in a USA Network TV show is in this film.

And I realized that I forgot to post about a few other films I've seen over the last week or two.

"Beautiful Boy" - As expected, it's a pretty heartbreaking story, and very difficult to watch in parts. Very educational and emotional, though. I really enjoyed seeing Maura Tierney again. I used to love watching her on "E.R." I think she's in another show, but it's on a cable channel I don't get. Steve Carrell is reminding me of Tom Hanks - started off in comedy but is making a mark doing serious films. Looking forward to seeing his next film, "Welcome to Marwen".

"The Girl in the Spider's Web" - I didn't see the first film, but I generally enjoyed this film. I do wish I hadn't seen the trailer so many times, and I really wish I hadn't seen the second trailer which gave away information I would rather have not known prior to seeing the film.