Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Last movie seen, part 5

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 2" - Really enjoyed the film. It's very quick-paced but there are some really interesting character moments/developments as well. One definite turn I didn't see coming. Missed a few lines because the crowd was laughing at the previous line. Hoping I can see it again while in theatres.

Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens View Post
    "Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 2" - Really enjoyed the film. It's very quick-paced but there are some really interesting character moments/developments as well. One definite turn I didn't see coming. Missed a few lines because the crowd was laughing at the previous line. Hoping I can see it again while in theatres.
    This. I want to see it again in the theater, plus on DVD with closed captioning. I did see one thing coming a bit ahead of the reveal, but was surprised by most new developments. I like the pace of the movie and enjoy the inside jokes. I even enjoyed the credits.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

Winter Wrap Up

The Matrix Revolutions
    Jingle all the way

[Princess Celestia]
    You've come such a long, long way
    And I've watched you from that very first day

A Dog's Purpose. My new favorite movie. DS and I could not stop crying through the entire movie from a whole range of emotions behind our tears.

Winter Wrap Up

Alien Abduction
    The Grinch 2000

[Princess Celestia]

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Vol 2 Lots of laughs and quite a few tears. Enjoyed it even more than the first one (and i didn't think that would be possible). Going to be seeing it again and adding it to the collection. And the one line we keep quoting..... "I'm Mary Poppins!"
    Cruising the Seas... Looking for the Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by BlkPearlCptn View Post
    And the one line we keep quoting..... "I'm Mary Poppins!"

I'm a little bit disappointed that we won't get the payoff of him finding out the truth about the Mary Poppins reference.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries
    Guardian's of the Galaxy: Vol 2 Lots of laughs and quite a few tears. Enjoyed it even more than the first one (and i didn't think that would be possible). Going to be seeing it again and adding it to the collection. And the one line we keep quoting..... "I'm Mary Poppins!"
    Did you see

the picture that Michael Rooker posted on his social media today?

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...

Did you see

the picture that Michael Rooker posted on his social media today?
    YES! Loved it!

Winter Wrap Up

The Rohls Farms Hauntings

[Princess Celestia]

PotC: Dead Men Tell No Tales Absolutely LOVED it! As good as the original. And yes, I cried. Also, stay for the end credits, they leave it open for another one.

PotC: Dead Men Tell No Tales Absolutely LOVED it! As good as the original. And yes, I cried. Also, stay for the end credits, they leave it open for another one.
    Same here. I didn't expect to enjoy it so much. And I couldn't believe so many people left before the credits even started!
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world... Those who know binary and those who don't.

We've heard so many good things about this movie! It's going on our summer fun list. Question: will it matter that we didn't see all the other movies? Are we going to be lost anywhere in the plot or with characters?

Quote Originally Posted by tea4two View Post
    We've heard so many good things about this movie! It's going on our summer fun list. Question: will it matter that we didn't see all the other movies? Are we going to be lost anywhere in the plot or with characters?
    You will miss some inside jokes. And there are some plot points that won't seem as significant as they would be if you'd seen the others. But you'll be able to follow the plot just fine.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

"Wonder Woman" - Really liked the movie a lot. It's the first of the DC movies I've liked, other than a few of the Dark Knight movies. Gal Gadot was as terrific as I thought she'd be after her brief appearance in the Batman v. Superman movie. Interesting plot developments. They showed the trailer for Justice League ahead of the movie. I'm still iffy on that but will go.

Winter Wrap Up

Martyrs 2008
    Martyrs 2015
    Switchblade Romance High Tension
    Furry Vengeance

Last edited by Scamp; 06-03-2017 at 06:03 AM.
    [Princess Celestia]

"Wonder Woman" - Really liked the movie a lot. It's the first of the DC movies I've liked, other than a few of the Dark Knight movies. Gal Gadot was as terrific as I thought she'd be after her brief appearance in the Batman v. Superman movie. Interesting plot developments. They showed the trailer for Justice League ahead of the movie. I'm still iffy on that but will go.
    I saw it this morning, wearing a Wonder Woman tiara that I got last year. We got 7 previews, but not Justice League, which I was kind of hoping for. People were laughing so hard at parts that I may have to see it again to catch anything I might have missed.

Winter Wrap Up

Pandemic 2016
    Ice Age A Mammoth Christmas
    Cabin Fever 2016
    Viral 2016

Last edited by Scamp; 06-04-2017 at 07:02 AM.
    [Princess Celestia]

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

Saw "Cars 3" last night as well as the short "Lou" in front of it. It was probably the least excited I've been after seeing a Pixar combo. I thought both were ok with some really good bits, but generally just ok. As expected, the visuals were stunning all around, but neither story had enough heart to grab me. It seems that a lot of people really disliked "Cars 2". I'm the weirdo who likes that film the best of the three in the series.

"Lou" -

There were a lot of cute bits, but I have to say I was pretty disappointed with the payoff. I wanted more of a reason for everything happening. And the reasoning for the boy's behaviour was more simplistic than they normally go for. He turned into a bully because someone stole his toy a long time ago, and the second he sees it again, it magically makes everything ok?

"Cars 3" - While one of the hallmarks of Pixar animated films is that adults and kids alike can enjoy them on different levels, I thought this film played too much to the adults and not enough to the kids. I remember thinking last night that the kids in the audience at the El Capitan were being much noisier than normal, and not just from laughing and reacting to the movie. It took me a while to realize that kids were complaining and crying and such because they were bored out of their minds. What was on-screen wasn't holding their attention, so they were restless. Also, there were a lot of scenes that were very quiet and talky, so you could also hear the other people in the theatre more as well. I did find that my interest was waning in parts too.

I didn't like the numerous "flashbacks" to Hudson and Lightning, and I really disliked the flashbacks to Cruz and Lightning from what we'd seen earlier in the film. I thought it was sloppy storytelling. You didn't think you did a good enough job explaining the necessary plot points earlier so now you have to connect the dots so obviously?

I did think the demolition derby was fun. And I like Lightning's new look. But I really want a toy of Lightning with just his primer.

Oh, and I liked Hudson's move of flipping over the other car that was trying to jam him into the wall, but I think I've seen that in a Fast and Furious movie, so it didn't surprise me. And, I actually figured out that it would come back later in the story.

I had a funny personal moment during the film. When Lightning and Cruz were running with the tractors and told to "find the window", it reminded me of the Princess half marathon I did. I spent the last 4 miles with the balloon ladies, and I had a hard time keeping pace with them because there were so many people bottlenecked at that point, made more difficult because we were at the cloverleaf section. Some other people remarked that it was hard to keep pace because of the crowd of people, and one of the balloon ladies said that when a space opened up in front of you, you were supposed to take it, and that's how you made your way through the crowd.

So I'm assuming the next one will be mostly about Cruz? I think I'm done with the franchise, though.

Winter Wrap Up

Niko ja lendavad phjapdrad

[Princess Celestia]

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 7/10 Not as good as the original. But then again they are all not!

April Showers and Easter 2024!

Winter Wrap Up

Resident Evil Vendetta

[Princess Celestia]

The Godfather - I hadn't seen this before! And we saw it in a theater. It. Was. Awesome!

Wonder Woman - It was good. I'm becoming a super hero movie fan, now. I love how the changed her costume. Still attractive, just not so .... exposed. Funny moments in the film and lots of action.

Quote Originally Posted by codewoman View Post
    The Godfather - I hadn't seen this before! And we saw it in a theater. It. Was. Awesome!..
    Before I got married, I totally agreed. (And "The Godfather II" is even better -- the beginning at Ellis Island is so moving...) But now, watching those movies is like spending the evening with my in-laws. It's just too painful even to hear the theme music. But I'm so glad you got to see it in a theater with a live audience. That really does make the whole movie experience richer.
    BTW, if you get the chance, read Sarah Vowell's essay "Take the Cannoli." It's about how the Godfather changed her whole life philosophy. Very amusing.

Moana! Very cute.