Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: Last movie seen, part 5

Quote Originally Posted by deedee73 View Post
    Has anyone seen Missing Link yet? Trying to determine if it is toddler (6 yr old) friendly. If anyone has any insights, please post. TIA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I saw it with my kids on Saturday. I don't recall anything being overtly objectionable (although it is rated PG for action/peril and some mild rude humor and I would have to agree that those elements do exist) but I have a 10 and 13 year old so I wasn't paying that much attention. The theater we were at had some little kids who looked to be about 6 in the audience and everyone seemed fine leaving the theater (I was waiting at the exit and so saw everyone else leave before my crew dawdled out).

If you are willing to have parts of the movie spoiled, I find that common sense media tends to nitpick what people might find objectionable. They give it "3 bombs" (out of 5) for violence/scariness and if you click on each box then they do come up with a description as to why (they also rank movies for positive messages, positive role models & representations, sexy stuff, language, consumerism, and drinking/drugs/smoking). I won't repeat the basis for their opinions here as it is spoilerish, but the link is https://www.commonsensemedia.org/mov...s/missing-link. I rarely rely on their overall assessment (they recommend 8+) but look at each category individually as I think it really depends on the kids personality as to how much/whether they are sensitive to various issues.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    I saw it with my kids on Saturday. I don't recall anything being overtly objectionable (although it is rated PG for action/peril and some mild rude humor and I would have to agree that those elements do exist) but I have a 10 and 13 year old so I wasn't paying that much attention. The theater we were at had some little kids who looked to be about 6 in the audience and everyone seemed fine leaving the theater (I was waiting at the exit and so saw everyone else leave before my crew dawdled out).

If you are willing to have parts of the movie spoiled, I find that common sense media tends to nitpick what people might find objectionable. They give it "3 bombs" (out of 5) for violence/scariness and if you click on each box then they do come up with a description as to why (they also rank movies for positive messages, positive role models & representations, sexy stuff, language, consumerism, and drinking/drugs/smoking). I won't repeat the basis for their opinions here as it is spoilerish, but the link is https://www.commonsensemedia.org/mov...s/missing-link. I rarely rely on their overall assessment (they recommend 8+) but look at each category individually as I think it really depends on the kids personality as to how much/whether they are sensitive to various issues.
    Thank you very much. I will definitely look into that website.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk