Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: My Disney Top 5 - Disney Romances

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

My Disney Top 5 - Disney Romances

My Disney Top 5 - Disney Romances by Chris Barry

Chris checks in with his romantic side as Valentine's Day approaches.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

Nailed it, Chris! Nice job.

Steve

Oh dear. Reading this at work in my lunchbreak, I realised I had never seen Paperman. I watched it on YouTube and am now quietly sobbing at my desk ......

Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

Great list. Couldn't agree more with your top two, with Carl and Ellie being the clear winner that I thought of immediately. As you say, it's a testament to the strength of the opening of UP, which accomplished more in about five minutes without any dialogue than most films do in two hours. My 3-4-5 would probably be Beauty and the Beast, Lady and the Tramp, then maybe WALL-E & EVE. I've never been as big of a fan of WALL-E as others, but I do think that the romance between Eve and WALL-E was probably the strongest part of the movie so it still makes the top 5, just a bit lower. I'd put Lady and Tramp (which you mentioned) on the list over George and Meg in the Paperman (which is just a vague memory for me and didn't really make an impact), simply on the strength of spaghetti scene, which is classic Disney.

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by srusso100 View Post
    Nailed it, Chris! Nice job.
    Thanks Steve. Always appreciate your comments.

Disney Stuff/My Disney Top 5
    MousePlanet Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jms1969 View Post
    Great list. Couldn't agree more with your top two, with Carl and Ellie being the clear winner that I thought of immediately. As you say, it's a testament to the strength of the opening of UP, which accomplished more in about five minutes without any dialogue than most films do in two hours. My 3-4-5 would probably be Beauty and the Beast, Lady and the Tramp, then maybe WALL-E & EVE. I've never been as big of a fan of WALL-E as others, but I do think that the romance between Eve and WALL-E was probably the strongest part of the movie so it still makes the top 5, just a bit lower. I'd put Lady and Tramp (which you mentioned) on the list over George and Meg in the Paperman (which is just a vague memory for me and didn't really make an impact), simply on the strength of spaghetti scene, which is classic Disney.
    Lady and Tramp were hovering in and out believe me. Perfect comment about the Up opening sequence. Spot on. They certainly told more of a story in that segment than most films do overall.

Out of this world for Disney DwarfPlanet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of my favorites are The Incredibles. The part towards the end where Mr. Incredible tells Elastigirl his wife he's not strong enough. She thinks its a power thing but then he reveals he's not strong enough to possibly lose her again when he had thought her and the kids were killed earlier.

"Although we think it's DOPEY that Pluto has been downgraded to a dwarf planet, which has made some people GRUMPY and others just SLEEPY, we are not BASHFUL in saying we would be HAPPY if Disney's Pluto would join us as an 8th dwarf. We think this is just what the DOC ordered and is nothing to SNEEZE at."

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
    I watched it on YouTube and am now quietly sobbing at my desk ......
    I was about to ask what Disney movie was Paperman associated with? I just watched it on Youtube, and realized I'd seen it before, but I don't know where.
    Dan

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

One of my favorites of all time is Johnny Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet.

DISNEYLAND CAST MEMBER - 1996-2005
    The best memories of my life...

I agree with one and two, I still don't like watching the intro to Up because it's just that sad

I'd probably move Paperman up to 3, drop down Wall-E to 4, and ditch Beauty and the Beast for Cinderella or Aladdin. I just never liked Beauty and the Beast that much.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I was about to ask what Disney movie was Paperman associated with? I just watched it on Youtube, and realized I'd seen it before, but I don't know where.
    It was released on the DVD with Wreck it Ralph, apparently. Because I didn't see WIR at the movies, but just bought the cheap copy some time after it had been released on DVD, I didn't get Paperman, so hadn't heard of it. It is beautiful!
    Silvercat

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels" - all 4 books available now as e-books)

That explains it. I didn't see WIR in the theater, but I got a Netflix disc a few months ago, and it included the short.

Dan

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor