Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Fastpass at the Disneyland Resort: Use It or Skip It?

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

Fastpass at the Disneyland Resort: Use It or Skip It?

Fastpass at the Disneyland Resort: Use It or Skip It? by Megan Walker

Every attraction at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure that has Fastpass and whether or not it's worth it.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Disney Animation Fan

One thing to consider about Indiana Jones is walking time. Even when using Fastpass or the rare times when it is a walk-on attraction, it takes a decent amount of time to walk through the temple to get to the ride vehicle. I would subtract 5-10 minutes of the standby/Fastpass differential time when making the decision for this attraction, dependent on overall walking speed of the party.

Fastpass at the Disneyland Resort: Use It or Skip It?

Two questions, was this article written awhile ago? Fantasmic is dark until 2017 or something, why include information about it? Also, I thought that you could get a second fastpass 2 hours after you got one or when the return time started. If I got a fp for say Cars at 11 am but it's return time was 5pm I wouldn't have to wait 6 hours to get another one, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Suzi View Post
    ...............Also, I thought that you could get a second fastpass 2 hours after you got one or when the return time started. If I got a fp for say Cars at 11 am but it's return time was 5pm I wouldn't have to wait 6 hours to get another one, right?
    Based on how that played out on my recent trip, I think you have it right.
    -Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Suzi View Post
    Two questions, was this article written awhile ago? Fantasmic is dark until 2017 or something, why include information about it? Also, I thought that you could get a second fastpass 2 hours after you got one or when the return time started. If I got a fp for say Cars at 11 am but it's return time was 5pm I wouldn't have to wait 6 hours to get another one, right?
    You are correct, it's 2 hours or the return time of your current ticket, whichever is sooner.

It says on your fastpass when you can get another one.

Also, Disneyland and DCA are separate (you can hold one in both parks without effecting the other, also known as disconnected or independent), and as a general rule, shows are separate (as mentioned in the case of World of Color, and Fantasmic when it was running). The Anna & Elsa meet & greet as well as the Royal Theater (when they are offering fastpass for those) are separate as well.

Finally, occasionally some rides will be separate, currently AFAIK Buzz Lightyear is the only separate one.

People always seem to jump right to "Fastpass saves you time from waiting in line" which is not always the case. While using FP at one ride may save you 30 minutes, having to wait in the standby line at another line will likely cost you an extra 30 minutes. So all you've done is transfer where you waited. In general FB about doubles the Standby wait time. I think I'm one of the few people around that wish FP would go away. A longer, fast moving line gets you there in the same amount of time as a shorter, slow moving line. For the casual park-goer FP is more of something that seems like a value add rather than truely being that. It's really park-goers that know how to use the system and don't have to ride all the big attractions that get something out of it. With that said, if you are a "casual park goer" but spending, let's say, 2 days at the park, now you can probably get some good value out of FP. Use it the first day to do as many of the big attractions as possible and use in-between time for non FP attractions, and on the second day use FP for the other big attractions you missed the previous day. Now you've avoided all of the "twice as long stand-by lines" and used FP to your advantage.

------------------------------------------
    The Entrapment: A thrilling, escape room experience
    http://www.theentrapment.com