Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Animal Kingdom Villas - DVC Rental

Animal Kingdom Villas - DVC Rental

Hi! I'm planning a trip to WDW next January, from the 2nd-8th, and I'm looking at the 2 bedroom villa options. There are 6 in my immediate family. I was initially looking at packaged deals, but following a tip here I checked out DVC rentals and was really impressed at some of the prices. From a value, moderate, deluxe perspective, what category are the DVC options at Animal Kingdom? I'm comparing prices between the various resorts and Animal Kingdom seems to have the lowest prices, but I was under the impression that property was considered deluxe for both Jambo house and Kidani Village, so not sure why they are coming up significantly less than properties like Bay Lake Tower.

2. # ADS

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All DVC resorts are considered Deluxe resorts. And I can say from many stays there, it is very much so a deluxe resort.

The possible reason why AKV tends to be cheaper than other offerings is because of location. Bay Lake Tower, DVC villas at the Poly and Grand Floridian, are all going to be much more expensive because of their location.

Ive done a 2BR at AKV and it was a great stay. Very roomy and comfortable. The resort itself has so much to offer, you can spend several days there, never go to the parks, and never be bored.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    All DVC resorts are considered Deluxe resorts. And I can say from many stays there, it is very much so a deluxe resort.

The possible reason why AKV tends to be cheaper than other offerings is because of location. Bay Lake Tower, DVC villas at the Poly and Grand Floridian, are all going to be much more expensive because of their location.

Ive done a 2BR at AKV and it was a great stay. Very roomy and comfortable. The resort itself has so much to offer, you can spend several days there, never go to the parks, and never be bored.
    I agree with GusMan. It's also because that was one of the last resorts built before significant point inflation, so it is a lot cheaper to get a room there on points. I was very impressed with our 2 bedroom in Jambo House. We were fortunate to get a room with a view of animals (not guaranteed at that reservation level, but not precluded either) and it was a fabulous trip. I think because you can't easily access a major park (either walking or via monorail/boat) that it is seen as being "really far away" that may reduce its desirability.

Visiting WDW Since 1982

My wife and I went in December 2014 and had a terrific time. We stayed in Kidani House and did not have an animal view. However the viewing areas outdoors are very accessible and have a terrific view of the animals. It is a little further from the theme parks, but we used Disney buses exclusively and didn't consider it that much of a problem. And we were there over the holidays, when the parks are the most crowded.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by FeistyDisneyMom View Post
    Hi! I'm planning a trip to WDW next January, from the 2nd-8th, and I'm looking at the 2 bedroom villa options. There are 6 in my immediate family. I was initially looking at packaged deals, but following a tip here I checked out DVC rentals and was really impressed at some of the prices. From a value, moderate, deluxe perspective, what category are the DVC options at Animal Kingdom? I'm comparing prices between the various resorts and Animal Kingdom seems to have the lowest prices, but I was under the impression that property was considered deluxe for both Jambo house and Kidani Village, so not sure why they are coming up significantly less than properties like Bay Lake Tower.
    the value rooms are smaller, and every resort after it costs more to buy in and smaller resort size

Registered User fairestoneofall's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm biased towards AKV. It's one of my two home resorts, and my favorite. We just stayed a week ago and we're unexpectedly upgraded to a Savannah View Room that had just been renovated. I always enjoy my time there. It's so peaceful.

If you can dream it, you can do it. ~Walt Disney