Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Bay Lake Tower question [Top of the World access]

Bay Lake Tower question [Top of the World access]

Hi there,
    We are staying at BLT in February on rented points. We are not DVC members (yet). Will we be allowed into the Top of the World lounge? I had read it was for members only - not sure how they regulate that. Any info would be apprecaited. Thanks!

2. # ADS

Hi,
    When we stayed at BLT this past June we had to check in on the first floor to gain access to the elevator that was taking folks up to the lounge. As for "who" can go up, I don't know. We are DVC members but I don't recall them asking for our member IDs. But they could have seen it on our resort ressie (?)

Kim
    DLR, WDW and runDisney fanatic; DVC (SSR), AP (when I have the $$), DCL (when I have even more $$).
    Writing about my running journey here
    Viva La Cava del Tequila!

Ok, thanks! Guess we'll give it a try and hope for the best

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

From the DVC site:

This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Magic Band or Key to the World card with a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. If the Member's Magic Band or Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership.
    You can surely try and see what happens. The info on your magic band very well may contain info that you are staying on points. I know that when I used to rent points before I became a DVC member, my KTTW card did say "DVC member" on it. That may still be the case and may be enough.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Great, thanks GusMan! I think I'm mentally prepared to be turned away but was hoping that since we are staying on points that would be enough to get us admitted. We'll see! I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Just wanted to follow up... We were able to go up! If you are staying on DVC points, even if you are not the member (so guest of member, which as a renter we technically were) they allow you up. We weren't asked to present a member card, just to present our Magic Bands. The more you know!

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Super glad that you were able to go up there!

Just know that the official DVC stance is quoted in post #4 in this thread - so they can still ask for a DVC membership card to grant access.

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Absolutely! Just relaying my own personal experience