Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: RCI points used to book at DVC question

RCI points used to book at DVC question

Hi- Hopefully someone can answer my question. I was able to snag a Saratoga Springs stay using Wyndham points deposited into RCI. Upon receiving my confirmation email from RCI, I noticed it had a unit listed: 14S. Does anyone know what this means? I thought I was getting a 'studio' unit but the letter says "1 bedroom and a full kitchen". Absolutely delighted if this really is a one bedroom unit with separate living room and a kitchen!! So, can any RCI members (who have gone the DVC route) help me decipher what "14S" means please. And as this is my first time going this way, I will happily accept any advice, etc. Thank you.

2. # ADS

I looked at an old RCI/DVC confirmation from 2011 and I don't have a unit number so I'm not sure.

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Technically, DVC members do hold a title that is associated with a specific "unit" in the resort. I dont know if this has a direct correlation to what you are going to get, but it does sound like per the description you are going to get a 1BR villa... which you should enjoy!

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    I looked at an old RCI/DVC confirmation from 2011 and I don't have a unit number so I'm not sure.
    Thanks for looking that up for me. I thought it seemed improbable that RCI would assign me a particular unit, maybe it's a building designation???? Whatever it turns out to be, I'm excited to be staying at a Disney resort!

Gusman- I appreciate your input.

p.s. I love your tagline of "Read everything - assume nothing". Wise words.