New Walt Disney World annual pass prices effective October 4, 2015

Updated with discounts:

Water Park Hopper Annual Pass
    New - $110.00 Ages 10+; $99.00 Ages 3 –9
    Renewal - $93.00 Ages 10+; $84.00 Ages 3 –9

Includes admission to:
    - Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
    - Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

No other inclusions, no block out dates.

Disney Gold Pass
    New - $549.00
    Renewal - $429.00

Includes admission to:
    - Magic Kingdom Park
    - Epcot
    - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
    - Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
    - Theme Park Parking at Walt Disney World Resort

2015 Blockout dates:
    - December:17 –31

2016 Blockout dates:
    - January: 1
    - March: 19 –31
    - April: 1
    - December 19 –31

2017 Blockout dates:
    - January: 1 –2

Disney Platinum Pass - $549 to $749
    Tourist New - $749.00
    Tourist Renewal - $635.00
    Florida Resident New - $649.00
    Florida Resident Renewal - $649.00
    Disney Vacation Club New - $649.00
    Disney Vacation Club Renewal - $649.00
    Tourist Charter - $615 Renewal ONLY
    Florida Resident or DVC Charter - $539 Renewal ONLY

Includes admission to:
    - Magic Kingdom Park
    - Epcot

Also includes:
    - Digital PhotoPassPlus downloads

Disney Platinum Plus Pass - $599 to $829
    Tourist New - $829.00
    Tourist Renewal - $705.00
    Florida Resident New - $729.00
    Florida Resident Renewal - $619.00
    Disney Vacation Club New - $729.00
    Disney Vacation Club Renewal - $619.00
    Tourist Charter - $685 Renewal ONLY
    Florida Resident or DVC Charter - $599 Renewal ONLY

Includes admission to:
    - Magic Kingdom Park
    - Epcot
    - Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
    - Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
    - ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex

Also includes:
    - Digital PhotoPassPlus downloads
    - Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course

Disney Premier Passport
    New- $1439
    Renewal - $1439
    DVC member New - $1439
    DVC member Renewal - $1439
    Club 33 member New - $1151
    Club 33 member Renewal - $1151

Includes admission to WDW and Disneyland Resort
    Includes parking
    Includes Digital PhotoPassPlus downloads
    No blockout dates
    Includes Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course

Last edited by AVP; 10-03-2015 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Updated with discounts:
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

2. # ADS

It should also be noted that the Tables in Wonderland card just went up for AP holders, from $100 to $150 a year. Time to start doing the math and see if I'll really be saving more than $150 a year.

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    It should also be noted that the Tables in Wonderland card just went up for AP holders, from $100 to $150 a year. Time to start doing the math and see if I'll really be saving more than $150 a year.
    Wow. Piling on the increases all at once, aren't they. The 50% increase on TIW seems extreme!

I was (probably am still) contemplating trying to squeeze in a short CA trip before most of Frontierland and the DLR go down to prep for SWL.

I was trying to do rough math to figure if it made sense to upgrade my WDW all parks (no water parks) pass to Premier. It would seem now that I would have to be there for an extreme number of days for it to make sense.

I did this last year, though I goofed (my fault/schedule, nothing against Disney here) as I ended up only using one day in CA after upgrading. I didn't go check my receipt, but I think it was something like $350-$400 to upgrade. If I'm not mistaken, the new #'s shown looks like I would need to spend closer to $700-$800 to upgrade (based on what I know I spent for my WDW renewal earlier this year. That's a significant number of days of a park hopper for a single continuous visit.

As to TIW, I'm thinking for myself and just a few solo trips to WDW, it becomes a no-go. It would be a race to equal the savings. A trip with my sister's family would still be a good savings if we did even 3 or 4 sit down meals over a week or so.
    -Dave

One really good tip for people who like to come for longer holidays every year. For example those from Britain who tend to take two week vacations.

Buy and annual pass in for example September 2016, then visit for two weeks in September 2016, then visit again in August 2017, don't buy a pass in 2017. Buy one in September 2018, then visit in august 2019.

That way you can visit for two weeks every year but only buy AP's every two years.

And if you get a chance for an extra visit in the years you have passes then bonus. Worked a treat for me for several years, or should I say several every every other years.

Cheers Larry.

Check out my Disney Blog - Photographing Disney, Mainly Photos but some of the old Larry Humour/Humor - http://www.photographingdisney.blogspot.com

Also of note is the Disney Silver Pass for FL residents. I've always purchased the FL Resident Seasonal Pass and I see that the "new" seasonal pass includes parking. So that helps a little with the increases.

GnP

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryfmScotland View Post
    Buy and annual pass in for example September 2016, then visit for two weeks in September 2016, then visit again in August 2017, don't buy a pass in 2017. Buy one in September 2018, then visit in august 2019.

That way you can visit for two weeks every year but only buy AP's every two years.
    We've been doing this for quite some time as well. It works out and in a case like this, it seems like it would make more sense than ever to reduce sticker shock.

Will some of these choices impact how people vacation and when? Yes. And I think we all have seen by now how this is a part of the plan. I mean, while I would not want to go down during the Christmas break, Spring break was still a decent option for us. Now in order to do that, I would need the more expensive pass to do so.

Will it stop me from going? No. But it does change things a bit.
    Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

My daughter's 2nd grade teacher is annoyed that we are pulling our kids for school for one week to take a family WDW vacation. But paying holiday prices and dealing with holiday crowds is NOT how I want to spend my vacation time/money. This price increase only reinforces that.

We are doing the two trips in one year to WDW for our Premier pass. I am very excited that the Photopass pictures are now all included.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by currence View Post
    My daughter's 2nd grade teacher is annoyed that we are pulling our kids for school for one week to take a family WDW vacation. But paying holiday prices and dealing with holiday crowds is NOT how I want to spend my vacation time/money. This price increase only reinforces that.
    The topic regarding taking kids out of school can be a hot one. Now I think that it's going to be considered more often. To each their own, but I see that as causing issues in the world of education for both educators and students.

What this will do is make the summer months more crowded if you ask me, since they do not have any blackout times.
    People who dont want to or cannot take their kids out of school, or those who are in education, educators or adult students, and want to be/become/remain AP holders, will pretty much be forced to go during the summer or pay extra.

Summer is already a 3 month period of solid crowds at the 8-9-10/10 level...

I guess I will have to see what comes of the regular ticket pricing... to be or not to be an AP holder will really depend on what your travel plans are over a period of a year. It may still be worthwhile to get an AP... but you just have to know what you are buying and when you will use it.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

We are doing the two trips in one year to WDW for our Premier pass. I am very excited that the Photopass pictures are now all included.
    It is easy for me to say now (we are 4 years away from having to actually make the decision), but we plan on taking our daughter out of school when we go to the parks, but as DVC owners, we will also consider using our points at Hilton Head instead of going to the World..

Who knows what the actual impact of Star Wars, Pandora and Toy Story will have on the other parks. Time will tell..

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Yowch. Getting more and more expensive every year. I think the days of getting to WDW annually is over.....

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaMouse View Post
    Yowch. Getting more and more expensive every year. I think the days of getting to WDW annually is over.....
    Agreed. Not just because of cost, but because its now going to throw things off along the lines of planning for at least the next year.

I mean, Im betting the people at the subscription planning sites are going nuts to think how they are going to predict the impact of these changes.

Now, granted... the changes are not negative for everyone. To some, there might be a bit more value than what they had before. Thats fine.
    But I think the more I think about it, the more complicated its become. The "bundling" of features may be a plus for some that would normally use those features anyway. I mean, if you are a FL resident and visit more than 10 days a year, the parking inclusion is a plus. Ditto for if you normally stay off site. Same goes for if you are a PhotoPass user as well. But you just have to do the math to understand what it means for your specific trip plans.

I know for some reason this is a hot button issue - I don't know why, well I have a inkling....anywho for what it is worth we did this several times. Our reasoning's were what you mentioned above, basically I knew I was going to be spending a butt ton of money, pardon my fancy french, and for us the value of going when it's less crowded and not humid as the day is long was a big deciding factor. We couldn't stomach spending what we did per trip if we were going to fight the crowds and humidity, or spending the money to not enjoy ourselves. And waiting in lines isn't/wasn't our idea of a good time. Our kids never suffered with their schoolwork, we communicated with their teacher, said when we would be gone and asked nicely for any school work ahead of time. I found that not asking like an entitled idiot for the work with plenty of notice was very much appreciated and all we got was a "have a good time, wish I was going!" from teachers.
    I wouldn't have traded - and have no regrets about those earlier trips during that time of year for anything! Would do it again in a heart beat.
    I concede that taking a kid out of high school may or may not be difficult for them. I suppose that depends on the kid and how they handle catching up on classwork, but really I think that is a decision the kid & his parents should be in control of, not the school.

Visiting WDW Since 1982

we only did this once. our daughter was 13 and in middle school. We were going at Christmas and left ONE DAY early. The teachers - in order to "punish" kids for doing this, I guess - all scheduled home projects to be due that day and scheduled tests that had to be made up in advance. So our daughter was staying up late, getting her projects done, and studying for the tests. The result was then she was sick with a bad cold when we got there. Then both of us got it, too. We still had a nice vacation, but I didn't ever do that again. Second grade might be all right, but by the time they hit fourth or fifth you might want to re-think that plan.
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by stan2u View Post
    we only did this once. our daughter was 13 and in middle school. We were going at Christmas and left ONE DAY early. The teachers - in order to "punish" kids for doing this, I guess - all scheduled home projects to be due that day and scheduled tests that had to be made up in advance. So our daughter was staying up late, getting her projects done, and studying for the tests. The result was then she was sick with a bad cold when we got there. Then both of us got it, too. We still had a nice vacation, but I didn't ever do that again. Second grade might be all right, but by the time they hit fourth or fifth you might want to re-think that plan.
    Not to derail this thread too much, but our son's 4th grade teacher is totally fine with him missing a week of school. In our district, we can do an independent study contract if kids are gone for a week or more, so that is what we are/will be doing. We also chose the week that the district has three minimum days for parent/teacher conferences so they are missing approximately 19 hours of instructional time. Apparently the 2nd grade teacher feels that because the district provides Christmas and summer breaks, all family trips should be taken during that time period. I let her know that the nature of my husband's job made summer travel difficult but she doesn't care. Fortunately, my daughter is a very good (and well behaved) student, and I don't think that the teacher is taking out her annoyance with me on my daughter. I do agree that this is a "know your child" situation, and I'm not sure that I would make the same decision with different kids. Our district also just switched to a new math program, which according to the 2nd grade teacher "will make it very difficult to catch up." I'm not sure I believe this (the principal also alleged at back to school night that the kids will have individually tailored math homework and that hasn't happened yet).

Blog Entries

Putting my moderator hat on for a moment....
    I know that the topic of pulling kids out of school can be a hot topic and could be a good discussion.

If you would like to talk about that specifically, please start a new thread.

Thanks in advance....