Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: "check handstamp" whistle sound?

"check handstamp" whistle sound?

This may be an odd request, but I'm searching for a downloadable (preferably high quality) version of the whistle that gets played when you re-enter a park. Anyone who has hopped between Disneyland and DCA has probably heard this.

I found a poor quality version of the normal admittance sound, available here, but no luck on the whistle sound.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

--kurt

2. # ADS

Ruler, The (Disney) Lands

Speaking of downloading Disney sounds, does anyone know where I can download the soundtrack to the Parade of the Stars? I've searched almost everywhere!

"Without the playing with fantasy, no creative work has every yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable." - Carl Jung

Convicted cheese smuggler

Kazaa might have it, I was able to find a bunch of totaly unusal sound there. Speaking of the gates, if anyone that goes to WDW alot knows this it would be usefull. Why do some people have to put thier fingers into something that looks like a fingerprint ID? It looks like they were using the same flex passes we were using, so why would they have to but not us?

"We are reminded once every 12.5 seconds that Chuck and Millie are virgins -- VIRGINS! And that Jon and Al are clowns -- CLOWNS! And that Tian and Jaree are annoying -- ANNOYING!"

--TelevisonWithout Pity

try www.disneylandsource.com They have alot of good sound and video files.

\|/ <---- my avatar
    .|
    / \
    THE BEATLES RULE!!

Cool

The "fingerprint reader" they have at WDW, is a system called "bio-metrics". I was an annual passholder there when the system first went online sometime around '95 or '96. You place your index and middle finger into a reader (making the "V" for victory sign), and this thing supposudly measures the lengths of the bones in your fingers, which are, I guess, unique to you. If everything checks out, you are then allowed to go through the turnstile.
    No more cast members looking at your photo on the AP, and wondering if your evil twin borrowed your annual pass.
    Why with the opening of DCA did they not implement this at DLR? I think we can all gue$$ the an$wer.

Hmm. And yet, if I remember right, at the WDW parks, they often had one CM monitoring multiple turnstiles, and (again if I remember right, though my time at WDW went rather quickly) could take both first-entry and re-entry guests in the same line, whereas at DLR, even though they recently installed identical-looking turnstiles, they still have at least one CM to a turnstile, sometimes more, and always segregate first-entry and re-entry turnstiles.

Or is my memory failing me?

James H. H. Lampert
    Professional Dilettante

Yeah I never got that, why is it that WDW has turnstyles that can take any ticket form, and scan it and shoot it out with no need for humans, but then DLR needs a human at each one? Also why doest WDW use handstamps when they never seem to check them? I think Disney Quest seperates re-entry since they don't want to do the elevator thing again.

"We are reminded once every 12.5 seconds that Chuck and Millie are virgins -- VIRGINS! And that Jon and Al are clowns -- CLOWNS! And that Tian and Jaree are annoying -- ANNOYING!"

--TelevisonWithout Pity

With the modern systems there really isnt a reason to have a cast member at each turnstile. Use legoland as an example. There, they have the guest insert the ticket into the turnstile. It then spits it out and lets them through...They have employees monitor of course to stop gate hopping.

- Ryan
    - Pirates CM

That is the exact same system WDW has, but they have the finger thing also.

--TelevisonWithout Pity