Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Poly DVC

Poly DVC

I am not a DVC member, and was waiting until the Poly had DVC rooms so I could purchase there as my home resort. Now that they've released more information I find myself very disappointed in the DVC offering at the Poly for a couple of reasons.

1. With the exception of the over water bungalows, all the rooms are studios. There's not enough room for my family in a studio. I would love to have the option of a 1 bedroom villa. I don't like the fact that there is one queen bed with a sleeper sofa. I've always found sleeper sofas to be very uncomfortable, so I can't imagine spending all that money to buy into a timeshare that essentially only offers me a room with 1 bed.

2. The over water bungalows do solve the issues with the studios, but they are only 2 bedroom units, and they are EXTREMELY expensive.

So, is it just me, or does anyone else think Disney missed the boat here by not offering a wider variety of accommodations?

Tony S.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

url=http://www.magicalkingdoms.com/timers/][/url]

2. # ADS

Poly DVC

They clearly think there are plenty of people with more money than they know what to do with who will buy these. They were not catering for you. Or me. Or most of us. Disappointing. But sadly not surprising.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

I was going to say the same. As a Deluxe resort, they decided to also make this a deluxe DVC. We knew it was going to be expensive, but this one is SO expensive that I think only the 1% will be able to afford it.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Sorry, possums! Disney is definitely catering to the high rollers with this particular DVC!

John

Read Everything-Assume Nothing GusMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lets put it this way...
    Im a DVC member with 160 points.
    I do not have enough points for one night.

I think this is going to be the DVC equivalent of Club 33. Its going to be one of those things that if you ever get to do it will be because you know someone real super generous and it will probably still cost you a lot. Its still a resort hotel room that probably has one of the top 5 views around the property. But is it worth THAT much? Well, only if you think it is.

Yes, I think DVC is catering to the 1% on this one but to be honest, it does not bug me.
    After looking at the decor of the villas, I think I would rather stay at Grand Villa at AKV. (I have done so - and they are nice!!)

Disney-Inspired Author and Blogger
    CoHost of the Behind The Ears Podcast... Check it out on iTunes
    Admin of The WDW Community Facebook page.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

Quote Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
    Lets put it this way...
    Im a DVC member with 160 points.
    I do not have enough points for one night.

I think this is going to be the DVC equivalent of Club 33. Its going to be one of those things that if you ever get to do it will be because you know someone real super generous and it will probably still cost you a lot. Its still a resort hotel room that probably has one of the top 5 views around the property. But is it worth THAT much? Well, only if you think it is.

Yes, I think DVC is catering to the 1% on this one but to be honest, it does not bug me.
    After looking at the decor of the villas, I think I would rather stay at Grand Villa at AKV. (I have done so - and they are nice!!)
    I just wish they'd offer a Value DVC Membership, you know, for us 99%ers
    1999 - Coronado; 2003 - DL's Paradise Pier ; 2005 - All Star Music; 2007 - POP; 2008 - Paradise Pier; 2009 - POP ; 2010 - Dolphin; 2011 - POP; 2012 - POFQ; 2013 - POFQ; 2014 - POFQ; 2015 - Art of Animation; 2016 - Pop; July 2017 - POFQ

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but what happens at Disney stays with you a lifetime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petesimac View Post
    I just wish they'd offer a Value DVC Membership, you know, for us 99%ers
    With a bit of humor... that is a conversation for another thread.

By the way... and again with a bit of humor, there are a lot of 99%ers, much like myself, that are a part of the DVC.
    It's quite clear that the Poly Bungalows are surely a 1%er thing, as shown by the numbers.

The search function is like the Force. It may take practice, but the more you use it, the more control you will have over it!

We have 200 points and I still do not see us being able to stay at the Poly Bungalows. Quite sad, but true.

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

How much (how many points)was it for one night?

Last edited by TinaMouse; 04-02-2015 at 08:46 AM. Reason: clarifying
    Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Blog Entries

In the lowest season September and December 1-14 a studio will be 16-24 points per day or 118/148 week and a 2 bedroom is 115/133 per day or 841 for a week.
    In the highest season April 1-11 and December 24-31 those same rooms will be 31-42 per day or 237/268 week for the studio and the 2 bedroom is 197/227 per day or 1439 for a week.
    OKW is the cheapest points wise, to spend 1439 points for a 2 bedroom you could stay for 6+weeks in low season or 3+ weeks in the highest season.
    (Points vary by view and day of week- sun-thur is cheaper than Fri/sat.)
    Pretty pricey. We have 200 and will probably never stay there unless it is for just one night to say we did it.

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Team MousePlanet
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

We are a little displeased that they are not including washers and dryers in the rooms. I mean, isn't that the whole point with a "home away from home" resort?

MousePlanet Staff Copy Editor. Keep calm and carry on! Learn how you can travel with just your carry-ons, at my Travelite FAQ! Go Team MousePlanet! My dream came true! I qualified for the 2016 Boston Marathon. Required finish time: 4:00. My BQ time: 3:54:48! All-time marathons completed: 11; halfs: 45.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    We are a little displeased that they are not including washers and dryers in the rooms. I mean, isn't that the whole point with a "home away from home" resort?
    I can understand that a studio would not have a W/D since no Studio DVC villas have them.
    However, it looks like according to the floor plan the 2BR bungalows do have a W/D. (Entrance somewhat off of the dining room.)
    That is, of course, the plan is different in reality or if its not really a laundry room.