Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: Mad As a Hatter with Blake and Ted- Hot!

Mad As a Hatter with Blake and Ted- Hot!

WHO: see title
    WHERE: GCH (Grand Californian Hotel)
    WHEN: October 2-5
    HOW- Virgin America SFO-LAX

THURSDAY OCTOBER the SECOND

Wake up ridiculously early and fly down to LAX. Arrive at the resort via one of the busses in front of LAX....not the Gray Lines Disney Express but a smaller bus. It was the first one there so I took it. I have had some really bad experiences with the Shuttles so jumped on this. There was another couple with me and that was it and they were also going to the GCH so it was a straight shot and traffic wasn't too bad. I am at the front desk by 9:30 am and while I am checking in....OUR ROOM IS READY.....You can't beat that. I was elated. Now since the new policy when booking a hotel is you pay one night up front (at least with the discounted group rates) I decided to spend 24 hours alone chilling at the resort. No park entry....probably. So I unpack since I am also staying in Long Beach also for 4 days with Ted (Blake is flying down from SF just for the weekend). I text my college pal Duane who has moved from FLORIDA to CALIFORNIA to work for the resort....he is pretty high up there at DL and I let him know that IF he was busy NOT to worry but would love to meet him for LUNCH or COCKTAILS or BREAKFAST and that I would text him when I arrived.

DIdn't hear from him so set out to DTD and to check out the shopping. Wanted to get something for my sis for XMAS since she LOVES Disneyland. Went to World of Disney and ultimately found a cute skull tank top at Disney Vault that had Neverland slogans all over it. I also tried on some sunglasses because forgot to pack those. It was supposed to get up to the 90s that day and already I was very uncomfortable. Still no word from Duane and I was getting very hungry. So I made my way over to TRADER SAM'S right at 11:30 when they opened and got a margarita and the Ahi Tuna Poke.....thought I would snack a bit. Now....I knew that Duane would be able to get me into the parks and for those of you that know me I love Main St. USA and the music and Matterhorn Macaroons from the Jolly Holliday Bakery. I saw that the BOOT STRAPPERS were on the schedule for Mon- Thursday so I really would love to catch them. I also would NEVER ask someone for a free trip to Disneyland......I just wasn't brought up that way......SO at around NOON I get a text that says " Want to go into the parks? Would need to be before 12:45" This also said to me that he couldn't join me for lunch so I answered yes......Then I hightailed it to my hotel room and put on sun screen and my contacts (forgot my prescription sun glasses that were old anyway) and bought those Ray Bans.....i would put my prescription in when I return home.....and met Duane at the gates.

Now it was verrrrry hot. It turned out he had an easy day and could meet me for cocktails in the Hearth Lounge at GCH so we had a nice chat while I walked him back to his offices behind Toon Town. The park seemed a bit full. I did the single rider line for MATTERHORN with a 2 minute wait. The NEW seats as posted on this site are ultimately not any different than before. Not a smooth ride but you gotta go with the flow on it and all is well. I wish I had opted for a night run on that! I walked by ALICE in hopes of riding it but with a magic morning on Saturday I wasn't going to wait 30 minutes. FL was crazy crowded. I rode the Main St. Vehicles up and down the street. There was work being done on two of the buildings but the use of artsy drop cloth to make it look like the building REALLY did make the street look ok. I shopped at the Disney Gallery and with my new policy of minimalism I didn't see anything I needed. I also had way too many t-shirts and just ended up with a key ring.....(my disney one broke a month ago)...big purchase....

So I decided to head over towards NOS even though I had at least a half of an hour. I saw that BTMRR had a 10 minute wait so I rode it! It was my first time on the refurb and it was fantastic. The TNT room was so clever and I was right in the middle of the train and that is indeed the best place for that room. Lots of great cleaning up but for the most part it was the same. Looked forward to riding it again with Blake and Ted. Now I have also put ALL of my pics into photo albums and my Disney albums are Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I have a two page fold out of my friends and me and my sis and lots of kids with EACH Disney princess EXCEPT Tiana and Mulan and Rapunzel.....When I showed up at NOS there was a beautiful Tiana and I was wearing a NOS straw hat so I had to get a quick pic. I like to be super quick so the kids get more time and I like to hang out and watch them.....so very cute. Then the BOOT STRAPPERS performed and what a treat to see them. They are so talented. I hope they don't get into too much trouble because I noticed that NO ONE seems to have a sense of humor anymore. They are pirates. They are dressed like pirates. They talk like pirates. They ACT like pirates. The lead singer kept trying to take purses from ladies and he totally grabbed one gals purse. IT was really funny but she must have not been paying attention (made me wonder how she has not been mugged in real life over and over again) because he was PAINFULLY obvious about it and he almost had to act like he was giving her purse back because she might have walked on. She said "I didn't see that coming" quite miffed. Oh well. I thought it was a hoot and thinking about how they were all hired for their musicianship.....I was impressed with their humor and acting ability.

The park was way too hot. I had to go. I figured I would return in the evening. I also needed some pool thongs (Flip flops as you kids call them) so I found OSWALS ones in DTD and was hoping they were in DCA....I walked over there and found them. We are charged for bags in SF so when I declined a bag they thought I was weir I was just carrying them back to the hotel. I caught some of the RED TROLLEY singing and swung by GRR as I was going to ride it after I changed into my suit (not a thong.....a board short number that passes as shorts) but it was down for an hour. SO I grabbed a sandwich. Sat by the pool and swam and chatted with a lovely family from NORTHERN CA. Spent the afternoon under an umbrella and rode the slide a lot.

Met Duane in the lobby and we had a couple of drinks at the HEARTH LOUNGE. It was really nice and we caught up. He told me to PLEASE let me know if I wanted in the park on FRIDAY. I told him IF Ted wanted to I would go in but I was going to watch the GIANTS game at ESPN ZONE around noonish. Ted would arrive later than planned because of some last minute work stuff as he TRIED to take Friday off. I was kinda glad because I was enjoying my wind down holiday anyway!

I walked back to Disneyland but even though it was getting dark it was still too hot and too crowded and I opted to go back to NAPA ROSE and have a glass of wine and a cheese plate. There I ended up chatting with a guy who was a cast member and his friend, so it was another lovely evening. I stayed longer than planned. I also had a rabbit stew with gnocchi but it was painfully small. The gnocchi was great but there was very little rabbit in it....BUT....the flavors were amazing. The cheese plate was still a steal. As I had not napped much at the pool or in the room I was exhausted and went to bed quite early. The calm and quiet of the room was amazing after a long day.

Oh and YES I got a Matterhorn Macaroon and that was the BEST part of getting in the parks....thank you Duane.

MORE ON REPORT LATER.....

2. # ADS

Yippeee down the rabbit hole we go.

FRIDAY OCT 3-

Due to waking up early I woke up early. I had a pot of coffee delivered because even though I wanted to eat at CATAL I needed some morning Joe. I played my ukulele on the balcony while sipping said coffee and wrote out my postals. Always nice to get that done. I went to CATAL after dressing and was very disappointed to find out that they no longer served breakfast up on the terrace of the restaurant but in that strange glass room off to the side. It was crowded and loud and even though my food was very tasty and service was good it wasn't the same experience at all. Sitting up high away from the madding crowd was my favorite but then again....I think it didn't do much for business so I understand why they changed it. I left the restaurant and it was already TOO HOT.....I went to the pool for an hour and snack napped and swam a bit. It wasn't very crowded but refreshing and calm.

Then off to ESPN ZONE to watch the GIANTS game for the DIVISION SERIES play offs. I got a seat at the bar and enjoyed time with a lovely Australian couple. Now Ted was supposed to join me from LONG BEACH but he had some work to do at the last minute. My phone died during the 7th inning and I was afraid he was not going to find me so I went back to charge up and watch the game in the room and THERE HE WAS! I asked him right away if he wanted to enter Disneyland and notified Duane by text. But the TV didn't get that channel ( I hate all the channel changes for MLB) so he donned his cap and we headed BACK to the ESPN ZONE.....it was getting crowded ( I think the Dodgers game was starting but the Giants were almost over so we just grabbed a beer and watched and won....woo hoo...

After ESPN we tried out EARL OF SANDWICH, tasty....but a sandwich is a sandwich after all.......Bad news from Duane as he had to go to Glendale for meetings and was not on property and I assured him it was hot and crowded and we were fine. Ted was completely fine....I think the prospect of free entry makes everyone giddy and excited. We were paying for the hotel so we spent another hour by the pool. Ted LOOOOVED the slide and I said if I knew that he dug water slides we should have stayed at the DLH but.....well....it was too late.....We were quite comfortable.

We both got VERRRY lazy in the room with cocktails and were getting nervous about MAGIC MORNING and the heat. But Blake was coming in around 10:00 so we didn't dare sleep. We almost decided not to go but we went to WONDERLAND the kickoff party for GAY DAYS at Ralph Brennans kitchen. It was hosted by MOMMA and has an ALICE IN WONDERLAND theme. ANd you know I love that! We enjoyed ourselves and chatted with MAMA and the proceeds go to a good cause...It was a new one this year and she explained it was for an education fund to get homeless gay kids in school and colleges and that is really cool. Love a good cause. Blake texted us that he was in the room and was tired so we went back to all get a good night's sleep.

That ni

SATURDAY OCT 4-

Only once that I can remember did I visit Disneyland in the summer and it was to buy HAUNTED MANSION merchandise by SHAG.....I spent most of the day buying stuff and the afternoon napping and then back to the park in the dark (it was a Sunday) I remember it being very hot. But not as hot as this day. I love Disneyland. I love California Adventure. I love Southern California. But this. This. My goodness. Don't let's be silly. 100 degrees. All those people. YEEEESH. If that was my first visit it would have been not good. Blake and Ted had been to the parks before. Ted joined us the year before and he has been to Disney World a lot because his brother lives in Orlando. He has only been in LONG BEACH for over a year. Blake has lived in Tokyo and been to those parks and also this was his 4th visit. So we were all happy and prepared to do pool, nap and Magic Morning. Blake wanted to ride FINDING NEMO as he had never been on that. Ted had never been to TOON TOWN so those were the must dos.

So we had room service deliver coffee and rolls and that was much needed. THen off to the gates. WE got there about 10 minutes before park opening and IT WAS PACKED! I have never seen such a full MAGIC MORNING. I think the heat had made people pause and got them organized. I have talked to many people that say that they MEANT to go for MM but slept in or opted for breakfast instead. Big mistake in my book. We also noticed all the STARBUCK cups. So we knew that they were open at O DARK THIRTY.

We got into the gates (after getting our pictures taken) and headed straight for Peter Pan. WE waited maybe 10 minutes and by the time we boarded our pirate ship the queue was at least 30 minutes. WHOA!...Then we walked by TOAD and no line so we jumped for it......Love that ride....then off to ALICE......I think the refurb is quite lovely. I read some grumbling about the update but it truly is the ORIGINAL ride just made better. Nothing is taken out but a lot is added. I think it is a lovely blend of the old with the new and I love the way Disney cleans up and makes things better. (THE LITTLE MERMAID is a perfect example on how they changed things since opening and it isn't even five years old yet) I am excited to see tidying of the other dark rides but all of them looked in good shape to me! Ted said that he had never ridden the carousel so we did that. ALways lovely watching FL spin around you. Then we jumped on SNOW WHITE as there was no line (still that 30 + line for Peter Pan)

As it was getting close to rope drop we opted for the SPACE MOUNTAIN before opening and got off of that about 5 minutes after park opening. DAMN were there a lot of people. THe heat had really brought the crowds out early. It wasn't unpleasant yet but it was warm enough to be happy in a tank top at 8am!!!!!!!! SO we got a FP for STAR TOURS as it was already a 20 minute at least wait. THen off to BTMRR and we waited about 15 minutes or less. Only one side was operating. We got the middle again and that is the best place to be for the TNT special effects. THe we wooshed to HM and got right in the elevator with no wait. I have to say that I am a purist and going every OCTOBER I am getting a bit tired of NIGHTMARE BEFORE XMAS.....but without spoilers......BEST Gingerbread house ever.....just when I thought they would run out of ideas. SO very cool. That kind of makes that very special in my opinion. I really like that make-over but miss the original....next trip. THen off to the PIRATES. THen it was time for our Star Tours return and the queue was around 45 minutes already. SO after that we didn't have much time at all for anything before our breakfast reservation at 10 :30 at the CARNATION CAFE.....so we went and got a FAST PASS to Splash Mountain.....

Breakfast was great. We got served quickly and we ordered a waffle to share as we were very hungry. At 10:30 the park was packed. I wanted to see the DAPPER DANS and we caught them in front of the FIREHOUSE in the shade and unless they did another small set somewhere else they only performed three numbers. Maybe they make them perform for parade waiters or do smaller sets in the heat???? I don't know but they really left me wanting more....but they were fantastic! Blake and Ted were glad I made them listen......So now we had to head back to SPLASH. THe park was so HOT at this point. I pointed out the canoes (one of my favorite) and Blake and Ted said what ALL of my friends say..."Ewwww. You have to paddle?" We got off SPLASH without getting too wet.....we were the back three.....and we all agreed to return later having got FPs for INDIANA JONES for around 4:00 ish.

But then on the way to the MONORAIL we remembered that we all had never seen THOR or CAPTAIN AMERICA so we went into INNOVENTIONS and met THOR.....he was A-MAZE-ING......he does the sword in the stone thing with a kid and his hammer and that was priceless to watch. We got our pic with him and that was a total high light. Less is more for me. I got THREE brilliant pics and that is enough for me!

Back to the room for a cocktail and then down to the pool. Found shade to sit in and swam a lot. Had another cocktail. Didn't really nap at all......but then we started to get peckish again and the GIANTS were playing again so we all donned our caps and headed to ESPN Zone.....we had to put our name in and when I asked what the wait time was she said "We don't give waits" HUH???? I found out why this very day......SO we sat in the big main room at a GIANTS TV.....the room was full of FOOTBALL and we had a nice lunch/dinner.....shortly after we sat down the football games ended and GIANTS vs. NATS filled the room. I was surprised how many GIANTS fans I saw.....I suppose the HEAT pulled them out of Disneyland too??? As were watching the game TED admitted to me and BLAKE that he had never been on INDY......WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?! We were thinking of watching the whole game but we DID fly down for Disneyland so off we went back to the parks.

We got in the front row of INDY and TED loved it......We decided to sit down again and caught the last show of MICKEY and THE MAGICAL MAP......shade and sitting were great. THen off to TOON TOWN for Ted.....RRCS had a 45 minute wait so I said let's explore TOON TOWN. I assumed that the show letting out caused the RR line to form. Ted loved TOON TOWN and we played with all the stuff and went through Minnie and Mickey's house (no pic....line too long....still happy with THOR) and then back to RR and it was DOWN!!!!!!

Nixed SMALL WORLD.....Nixed Nemo as the line was too long and still too hot and we got on the MONORAIL. Ted thought the heat was getting to him and needed a shower. Blake wanted a beer so we went back to ESPN ZONE to see what the final score was......CRAZINESS.....that was the day the GIANTS/NATS went 18 innings and the place was packed with GIANTS fans and DODGERS fans as both games were now on and we got a lil' bar table in the bar and TED joined us. All of the DODGER fans were fantastic saying that they were all rooting for the GIANTS so they could sit down and eat as NO ONE was budging......I kept saying that Ted and Blake should go back to the park but they were also hot and were enjoying beer and air conditioning. WE WON! And then it was getting rather late and NO ONE wanted to go back to the parks. We were checking out SUNDAY as Blake was flying back to SF at 7;00 and we were heading back to LONG BEACH ....of course Ted had an early meeting on MONDAY. With the heat we ALL wanted to do MAGIC MORNING again and none of us took naps due to the game and Indy and excitement. We went back to the room to regroup with all this discussion and Ted and Blake went to CATAL for a drink and I stayed in the room and watched TV.....we were going to go to TRADER SAM'S and I told them to go but they didn't want to walk that far. We never rode NEMO at night but Blake was OK with that and so was I......to bed by 10......

SUNDAY OCT 5

A note about something new this trip. As I had said before we have all been to DLR enough and therefore decided that we would not go with park hopper tickets. It was kind of freaky as I have NEVER done that before and I felt a little out of my comfort zone....WHAT IF I NEED TO GO GET A MATTERHORN MACAROON on SUNDAY!!!!?????????? And recently folks have been asking "to hop or not to hop" on a four day stay. Well, I think it is very important to decide what you want to do and I suppose if it is "Budget be Damned" then YES, certainly.....go for the park hoppers....but I always make my luncheon and dinner plans for Disneyland ahead of time as I like to sit down. I have no problem with no reservations when I want to eat a snack at NAPA ROSE at 5:30 right when it opens...etc.

And as for us...with the heat it was a very, very good move to only have One Day One Park....

Okay....I forgot to mention that somewhere during our day at Disneyland I got 2 Macaroons and 2 of the Choc/Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies (thanks to these boards) We Split these two items in our room for dessert and Blake and Tim Declared them delicious. The Whoopie Pie was amazing. One of my favorite combos is Chocolate and Peanut butter and it did not disappoint. We saved the last two for the next DAY!!!

Okay....onward and upward. WE decided to do the Main Gate Magic Morning for DCA instead of the side gate.....the main reason was to get Starbucks as we knew they were indeed open that early. We figured we could drink at the gates and then throw away the cups upon entering. We got there at 6:30 while Ted got us Coffee. We were the first in our line. WOO HOO. Then they announced that RSR would not be open until around 8am and we should get in line before the main gates opened. Boo. Then Ted forgot to put cream in my coffee. Boo. I am not a princess at all with my cream so I ensured him it was ok. It was.

So we decided to head straight to TSMM (now TED had NOT been to DCA so we were intent on getting a lot in) TSMM was not open! CA Screamin' was Not open! Now we got a little cranky about getting up early. That is a lot to be down for MM......so we rallied and walked around to SOARIN' and got to be on the top row and Ted loved it. I couldn't help but think about the refurb and got excited about that. Then we headed to RSR as it had indeed opened before 8 and we waited about 10 minutes so when we got out of the ride it was almost or was park opening so we headed to TSMM and it was open. We waited maybe ten minutes. THen the gents wanted to go to SCREAMIN' but I insisted on getting on MICKEY'S FUN WHEEL while there was no line. So we did. We did the swinging Gondolas and they were freaked out at first but then loved it. I have no problem but have been on it many times with people who HATED it. THen we rode Screamin' with a very short wait. Then off to TOT and we ran into some pals from SF Randy and Jussi (he's Finnish) so cool to see them and it was a great queue to be in with friends. WE didn't have to cut in line because of the clumps you go in with. There was one guy in front of our group and the first group went to the right elevator. After a pause the CM said to go to the elevator on your LEFT. The guy walked in and started to go to the RIGHT and I said excuse me sir this way and he said Oh you must have been on this before and I said No, the bell hop said to the left.....People do NOT listen ever....he was very funny and we had a great chuckle when I told his kid to teach his dad RIGHT from LEFT.....

After that I wanted a pic of LIGHTNING McQUEEN and even though we had luncheon reservations at CARTHAY CIRCLE we were too hungry to wait so a COZY CONE BREAKFAST and pic was in order. Now our pal Melody was coming to meet us as she had a busy week during my visit and wanted to see Blake anyway (she was with us on his first DL trip) She arrived just in time to get her picture with us. Disney magic!!! We then rode LITTLE MERMAID as a group before heading back and checking out of the GCH.....Melody was happy to ride a few things while we did that. We did all of our checking out with little drama and I grabbed the to go box of WHOOPIE PIE and MACAROON. What the heck. Oh and the cones were just OK for what they were. You mostly get a bread cone. The eggs were fine but nothing to write home about. But I needed nourishment and that was the best to be had. We had time to sneak in a GRR but the gents didn't want to get wet so I didn't mind either.

CARTHAY was very good. NO complaints at all. Service was excellent. I had an amazing Manhattan and Blake had a gorgeous glass of Pinot Noir....I had a Chicken Dish and Ted had a pasta dish and Blake had the Salmon which was beautifully done. We sat in a back room that was darker than the main room and it was really cool. I hadn't seen that before. Going early also gave us quick service so that is another tip if you want in and out. Go earlier and you get quicker service. Plus when you do MM an 11:30 reservation is most welcome. After Luncheon BAM there was that ungodly heat again. We ALL really were not into it. So we rode MONSTERS INC.....cutest dark ride ever. The attention to detail is amazing. Then we went into the ANIMATION BUILDING and enjoyed all of the art work. It was PACKED with people. Lots were even laying down it was so hot. Then we went to see ALADDIN which was very exciting considering the air conditioning. The show was fantastic and Melody and I remarked that we have never seen a crazier Genie. He was over the top. Sometimes he was just silly and not even re-acting. His shoe fell off and he later made a Cinderella joke. I think he made a bet to crack up the cast but if he did....he won. Except I think Aladdin broke once so he owes him. There were a few jokes I didn't get so I felt old and out of it. They loved the show and upon leaving Blake announced he wanted to ride the Roller Coaster again. Melody and Ted said they were done for the day. SO we rode SCREAMIN' and decided we would throw in the towel too. We bid farewell to the parks and went to the HEARTH LOUNGE for a farewell shot to my buddy the DUDE....I always have a shot of tequila in honor of him. The bar was PACKED and the lobby was PACKED. We got to the lobby just in time to snag a couch chair action vacated by a family. We had such a great time listening to the piano player and sipping our drinks in the air conditioning. What a great way to end the trip with pals.

I forgot to mention WOC viewing from the hotel. There is a platform on the 6 floor right above GOOFY's SKY COASTER to see the show sans projections. You cannot see it from there. BUT they do pump the soundtrack in. The fountains are a perfect view if the ZEPHYR wasn't there. I wonder if Disney would ever consider building a platform on the ORIGINAL building where they could CHARGE for WOC. I think you could see the whole show from there. But I was very content watching it from that platform. Ted and I did that on Friday night. Loved it and he said he was content with the fountain show. So it is an option if crowds aren't your thing. Another great DL trip!

Oh, and I forgot to mention my ensemble for SATURDAY.....A very UN-Disney Brit friend of mine received mouse ears from friends of his who went to Disneyworld. They had the Union Jack on one ear and a cup of tea on the other ear with a little Beefeaters cap to top it off with. He gave it to me saying "What the hell would I do with this thing!" I kind of thought the same thing but with the heat I had some black trousers cut at the knee with UNION JACK socks and sock braces and red sneakers and a UNION JACK tank top which was even not too cold at 6:30 for Magic Morning. I never thought I would experience that. I only wear tank tops to the gymnasium and Southern California.

That is all.

Very nice. The heat got to us in September, as well. We regularly get that hot being outside of Sac, but being in the park in the heat just drained us. Glad you had fun, I smiled at the tequilla shot for The Dude. Great way to remember him.

Great trip report! Unless people experienced that heat wave we had, they have no idea how incredibly hot it really was. And I love your Saturday ensemble

Thanks candles71.....yeah, I make sure I don't leave without toasting THE DUDE.....good memories!!! If I were to move down south and get an AP I don't think I could continue that tradition.....after all I am mad.....

Thanks Joseph5....(it sounds like Logan's Run on here).......My ensemble was really good. Just when I thought I would never wear those ears....BAM....inspiration. IT was good.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Sounds like you made some good choices regarding the heat and didn't let it spoil your fun. GO Giants

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

MH! No Napa Rose Cheese Plate???? I was waiting and waiting for it... Glad you had a good time.

Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Well said Amazedncal.....I realized how many options DLR has for inclement/sweltering weather. Lots of air conditioned shows and indoor attractions. I think being adaptable is the key. Go Giants!

And of course I had the cheese plate AdrienneK....I had to look back....my very first day I had it and it is indeed on my trip report. I do go on about it a bit much so I guess the actual report wasn't a rave....just happy that it was still on the menu. Woo hoo.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadasaHatter View Post
    And of course I had the cheese plate AdrienneK....I had to look back....my very first day I had it and it is indeed on my trip report. I do go on about it a bit much so I guess the actual report wasn't a rave....just happy that it was still on the menu. Woo hoo.
    Oh. so. I only read days 2 and 3 carefully enough. Clearly. D'OH!!!! Going back... nothing to see here...
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    Oh. so. I only read days 2 and 3 carefully enough. Clearly. D'OH!!!! Going back... nothing to see here...
    Between you and me....I would be skimming some of my trip reports too.....he he.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadasaHatter View Post
    Between you and me....I would be skimming some of my trip reports too.....he he.
    I know what happened - after you went to Hearthstone, I skimmed the rest because you went back to Disneyland. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    I know what happened - after you went to Hearthstone, I skimmed the rest because you went back to Disneyland. LOL.
    It cracks me up that I was correct in my constant goings on and on about one thing ( in this case the cheese plate) because you noticed it was missing as it was buried in a pile of info. I felt like I had talked about it enough on these threads to not beat a dead horse and that the regulars on here knew about my cheese-love....I was correct on this and glad I made it a quick mention. I really try to list the important things in my reports and in this case it was about THE HEAT and HOW WE COPED so it can be informative for folks reading my report for the first time. I also try to comment on things that are talked about in the threads such as MATTERHORN SEATS and NEW RIDES (BTMRR re-do) for example. Thanks for the feedback one and all....

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Hey, that's what community does.

It is nice to know that folks are reading these and it especially means a lot to that the FAMOUS adriennek is reading too. I would have composed a little better if I had known....but I am Mad!

Thanks Mad, for taking us with you on another great trip report. Sorry about the heat, that was a bummer.
    Ellen

We're all Mad Here! Wonderful synopsis of your trip, just wish I was able to go. I'm so with you on being in the park when the HM is regular and not Nightmare Before Christmas. Do not get me wrong as I am a big fan of NBC but it has been eons since I've seen it in it's regular state. Wishes!

[QUOTE=EJ4Disney;1871489]Thanks Mad, for taking us with you on another great trip report. Sorry about the heat, that was a bummer.
    Ellen[/Q

Well, we were all in it together and I love taking a situation (HEAT) and choosing an attraction/show (ALADDIN) to suit the touring.....I hope my trip reports reflect how Disney gives you options and how to take the rules. Another example is FAST PASS vs. restaurant reservations.....I would rather not wait to eat and PASS UP a FP so I like to talk about things like that. Thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracemountain View Post
    We're all Mad Here! Wonderful synopsis of your trip, just wish I was able to go. I'm so with you on being in the park when the HM is regular and not Nightmare Before Christmas. Do not get me wrong as I am a big fan of NBC but it has been eons since I've seen it in it's regular state. Wishes!
    WISHES! Next trip will have to be a non-NBC HM!!!! See you in the parks sissy!

You know it Bro. Next time I'm going! I will have to try those Macaroons you speak of & during the week w/ HM without NBC. WISHES!