Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jungle cruise.... now Jingle Cruise?

Fun is wherever you find it... olegc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jungle cruise.... now Jingle Cruise?

I don't know about this one. For me - a wait and see approach is best... what could be next, Indiana Jones Holiday?

DISNEY PARKS BLOG POST HERE

"[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

2. # ADS

If it's just theming the queue, boats and a radio broadcast in the camp, that could be cute. If the wildebeest has a wreath hanging on him and the guys hiding in the bushes are wearing Santa hats, maybe not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJenny View Post
    If it's just theming the queue, boats and a radio broadcast in the camp, that could be cute. If the wildebeest has a wreath hanging on him and the guys hiding in the bushes are wearing Santa hats, maybe not.
    thats kind of what I mean. it could be really fun - or it could be really bad (beyond corny).
    "[Disneyland] has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid." - Walt Disney

Yet beyond corny is what the skippers are about. So if its super cheesy it could be great too. I hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by olegc View Post
    I don't know about this one. For me - a wait and see approach is best... what could be next, Indiana Jones Holiday?

DISNEY PARKS BLOG POST HERE
    Jungle Cruise is one of my favorite rides at DL. So I will agree with Olegc and wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by oohykitten View Post
    Yet beyond corny is what the skippers are about. So if its super cheesy it could be great too. I hope for the best.
    Agreed! I think it could be fun. Wish I could see it.

That sounds fun. We will be there the first week in December.

Living life to the fullest

http://www.oilyhabit.com/

I think this great! What a perfect place to spice up. Instead of the same cornball jokes, we'll get a few more holiday cornball jokes. Since you can't take the ride seriously, and haven't for the last 3 decades, this really does make since. I think they should do something for Valentine's Day, too. The Jungle Love Boat!

Working for Disney. No, no. Working (in a Modesto office) for (the money to take a trip to) Disney (World/Land)

WDW Trips: June 2002, Feb 2004, Dec 2006, Dec 2008, Jan 2010, Feb 2011, Dec 2012
    Disneyland Trips: Feb 2006, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, Feb, March, June 2015 (x2), Nov 2015

Blog Entries

Sorry - I'd like to draw the line at one holiday per attraction (HMH is a cross over by nature so you get a bonus).

I am sure I read that AVP promised that there'd be Santa caps on the heads of the spinning piranha fish.

Right?

"It is, it is, a glorious thing, to be a Pirate King."
    -- Gilbert & Sullivan, "Pirates of Penzance, or, The Slave of Duty"

Well, my phone sometimes decides to randomly not save pictures. So the awesome pics I got of the entrance and boat before it started getting dark out didn't save. But here's a little sneak peak:
    image.jpg
    The only added theming I noticed was the sign at the entrance, the tops of the boats, and CMs wearing hats that could loosely be interpreted as Santa hats. There may be theming in the queue, but we used the accessible entrance. They were playing I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas I the queue.

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar

I'm looking forward to seeing this next month!

Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Pammer View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing this next month!
    Me too. Looking forward to hopefully seeing you too Pam. Started moving Saturday, big move on this Saturday. Definately will be needing a vacation after all that. We have a friend who is going to house sit for us and take care of our dog.

Is your husband getting excited?
    Living life to the fullest

http://www.oilyhabit.com/

Loved the vintage Christmas music they played in the queue!

John

Self-Proclaimed Disney Queen! Pammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by familymemories View Post
    Me too. Looking forward to hopefully seeing you too Pam. Started moving Saturday, big move on this Saturday. Definately will be needing a vacation after all that. We have a friend who is going to house sit for us and take care of our dog.

Is your husband getting excited?
    Good luck with your move; that is a lot of work and I hope the weather stays nice for you! Maybe we should plan to 'accidentally' meet up at a Billy Hill show one afternoon!

I have two kitties; the diabetic one has to be boarded due to his insulin injections and our neighbor usually looks after the other one.

Funny you asked that...I asked him yesterday evening if he was getting excited about going to DL with me and he was non-committal (says he doesn't want to jinx it!) but I'm excited for the both of us!
    Pam
    DL trips: too many to remember actual dates, but they began in the 60s!
    WDW trips: 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2021

Hate to say it, but a bit disappointed. I love the Jungle Cruise, so I was really excited to see what they would do with it. I liked the little additions to the queue, but the ride itself? Nothing really. A couple very minor changes to the spiel.

I was underwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    Hate to say it, but a bit disappointed. I love the Jungle Cruise, so I was really excited to see what they would do with it. I liked the little additions to the queue, but the ride itself? Nothing really. A couple very minor changes to the spiel.

I was underwhelmed.
    I think they had a very fine line between fun and hokey. I think most people were afraid they'd go overboard. I like the changes because its still the jungle cruise and fits the storyline they were trying to achieve.

It kinda sucked. Big-time. Literally nothing changed at all. Few decorations in the queue but that's it. It's like they didn't even put any thought into it. And the first Christmas day at Disneyland was pretty bad too. Lot of decorations missing around the park, especially Main Street. Not sure if this was intended or they fell behind and couldn't finish in time, but definitely a disappointing start to the Holiday season.

Is the tiger still missing from the JC? It was gone in October.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeDiSnEyKiD View Post
    It kinda sucked. Big-time. Literally nothing changed at all. Few decorations in the queue but that's it. It's like they didn't even put any thought into it.
    What did you want/expect added to the ride? It's not like they could've put Santa hats on the lions.... To keep it authentic to a jungle cruise and the holiday storyline they could only decorate what the skippers had access to: the dock and boats.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    What did you want/expect added to the ride? It's not like they could've put Santa hats on the lions.... To keep it authentic to a jungle cruise and the holiday storyline they could only decorate what the skippers had access to: the dock and boats.
    that was my fear - that they would go WAY overboard on the decorations throughout the attraction. Frankly I don't need it. I have HMH and IASWH for immersive Holiday themeing.

As for decorations - I'm glad they did not finish yet. I would prefer more time between holidays. And - the garland across main st. could not be put up due to the Christmas Day Parade taping.

My advice? You don't always have to be first to experience something.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Princesses1Prince View Post
    A lot more. If they're going to advertise "Jingle Cruise", you would think they would put a little more thought into it with more lights, and a more merrier experience. If they didn't advertise it as a holiday offering, I'd be surprised by the decor you see in the queue, however they're offering the "Jingle Cruise" as a new holiday experience to get people in the park, so there's just some expectation. BUT, maybe like the rest of the park, they couldn't get it done in time??? Hope so. Will go back Sunday and see.

However, forget the Jingle Cruise, I'm more disappointed in the lack of finished decorations, the lighting of the Christmas tree AND the lighting of the castle, ALL were gone from that first night. Sure it's only the first night, but Disney is advertising Christmas Nov 12th, and they don't even do the Christmas tree lighting??? or the Lighting of the Castle 5 min show?? There wasn't even the icicle lighting hanging from the castle!!!!! It's just bizzare, but maybe they had real technical difficulties.

I must say though, maybe they're waiting for it to get a bit darker at 5, cuz right now, it's not completely 100% dark yet at 5pm. Who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by tHeDiSnEyKiD View Post
    If they're going to advertise "Jingle Cruise", you would think they would put a little more thought into it with more lights, and a more merrier experience.
    I have to say I agree with you. We waited in a rather long, multi-level queue last night to see it, and all of us were underwhelmed. We kept waiting for "the thing," and it never came. We spoke later with three cast members who hadn't been on it yet and who were anxious to see it. They were very surprised to learn how little was done; they, too, had the impression it would be a much bigger deal than just a few modified jokes and some lights on top of the boats. I always like to see different things in the parks, but I definitely wouldn't wait that long to see Jingle Cruise again.
    To all who come to this happy place...quit stepping on the back of my shoes!

Blog Entries

I prefer the less-is-more approach and glad that's what it was. However, I can see where really long lines of anticipation (and spoiler free) may make for a dissatisfying experience.

MousePad Subscriber
    Blog Entries

We went on it on Saturday. First time in a long time I've been in the queue that goes upstairs, mostly because if the regular Jungle Cruise line is that long, we just skip it. One benefit from being in the queue upstairs is that there are a few spots of decorations up there which were pretty funny. One especially funny part:

There's a list for Santa of the good kids, and there's only one name on it - "Arvin". When we got back to the part of the line downstairs that goes past the CM shack, we noticed that the CM standing there, directing people into the two separate loading lines, was Arvin! We asked if he was the one who was the only person on the nice list upstairs. He seemed embarassed, denied it and tried to cover up his name tag. We were laughing.

I think they changed the spiel quite a bit on the ride so that everything was tied into the holiday theme. I thought the ride was fine, but I don't anticipate going on it much in its current incarnation. We went on it on Saturday mostly to give it one try and to get our attraction poster.
    Please don't ask me how I feel, I feel fine.
    Oh I cry a bit, I don't sleep too good, but I'm fine

Pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake, pancake...