Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Post your request for a FREE personalized sign for the 2013 Disneyland Half Marathon

We headed to DL with my family (first time for dd9, dd11. and ds15). My son (ds15) and I (from VA) will run the Half with my twin sister (who's from San Francisco). She and I are hoping to earn coast to coast medals this year. WDW was my first half.

I'd love to request 2 personalized signs:

One for my twin: Running is Twice the Fun with a Twin!
    One for my son who's running his first half*: Pain is temporary... Internet race results last forever! 1/2 Way to the finish line! <3 Mom.

* He's been my running coach (I have rheumatoid arthritis) and cheered me on for the past 6 months. Even though he runs an 8 min. mile, he was cut from his high school XC team which was a huge disappointment. This sign will be such a great surprise for him!

Thank you so much!!

2. # ADS

Wow, what a nice idea! We could definitely use a sign to keep us going...

Names: Brian and Joyce
    Hometown: San Francisco

Anything encouraging would be great...we're usually signed on to MouseAdventure as the "Fantasmates!," so maybe something with that? But we'll take anything! Always helpful to see the Mouseplanet Cheer Station!!! Thank you!!!

Awesome idea!

Name: David
    City: sacramento, Ca

"You can run slow tomorrow when nobody is watching!"

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

We're gonna need more poster board...

Quote Originally Posted by davidgill83 View Post
    Awesome idea!

Name: David
    City: sacramento, Ca

"You can run slow tomorrow when nobody is watching!"
    Quote Originally Posted by leftcoastgirlie View Post
    Wow, what a nice idea! We could definitely use a sign to keep us going...

Names: Brian and Joyce
    Hometown: San Francisco

Anything encouraging would be great...we're usually signed on to MouseAdventure as the "Fantasmates!," so maybe something with that? But we'll take anything! Always helpful to see the Mouseplanet Cheer Station!!! Thank you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j3mom View Post
    We headed to DL with my family (first time for dd9, dd11. and ds15). My son (ds15) and I (from VA) will run the Half with my twin sister (who's from San Francisco). She and I are hoping to earn coast to coast medals this year. WDW was my first half.

I'd love to request 2 personalized signs:

One for my twin: Running is Twice the Fun with a Twin!
    One for my son who's running his first half*: Pain is temporary... Internet race results last forever! 1/2 Way to the finish line! <3 Mom.

* He's been my running coach (I have rheumatoid arthritis) and cheered me on for the past 6 months. Even though he runs an 8 min. mile, he was cut from his high school XC team which was a huge disappointment. This sign will be such a great surprise for him!

Thank you so much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by timl33 View Post
    Can mine say this:

Tim,
    Will You Marry Me?
    Beyonce
    Quote Originally Posted by vsestir View Post
    Such a great idea! My name is Valerie... Could you do something acknowledging my ultimate supporter, my hubby of 41 years, Frank? Something like: "Better hurry! Frank is still waiting.. and there might be flowers!" Or anything mentioning him... He has been my rock.

And thank you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningFool View Post
    Have one for my Texas friends.

Team Texans in Tiaras - SASSY!
    Quote Originally Posted by 101Dalmatians View Post
    Can you make one for me and my running partner that says, "Run, twin Minnies, Run!!!" We will be dressed like Minnie!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaleficentShawna View Post
    Can you make one for me (Shawna) that says - "Keep moving forward!"
    Quote Originally Posted by jennbecc View Post
    Hi I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm doing this right!

My husband and I are running together! This will by my husbands 1st half and my 5th. While my husband has cheered me on before, I've never had the pleasure of a personalized race sign so I would be so thankful if we could please have a sign that reads:

"Hurry Up Brian & Jenny! HOT Churros are waiting for you at the finish line!"

Thanks so much! I'll keep my eyes peeled for it and let it be a surprise for my Husband!
    Quote Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
    This is such a great idea to do !!! I loved seeing you guys out while running the Tink 1/2 in Jan.

Can you make a sign for me (Vicki from Hayward, CA ) that says -- " Keep running your PR is waiting " Also for my husband David who really needs a sign since he's been injured during most of training.
    A sign for David (Hayward, CA ) that would say--- "Turtles just keep swimming"

Thanks so much for the support. Can't wait to see our signs on the course.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

CHEER sign

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    Earlier this year I read an article Runner's World talking about the Boston Marathon, and the personalized signs the women of Wellesley College make for anyone who asks for one. (I can't find the article online from Runner's World, but found this article that also talks about it).

I absolutely loved this idea, and thought it would be a blast to do something like this for the Disneyland Half Marathon. Team MousePlanet has a great CHEER station set up around the halfway point of the course, and I think this would be a great motivator to send our runners and walkers into the final half of the race.

We have the posters. We have the markers. We have the willing volunteers, who we are bribing with cokes, chips and salsa to make the posters. Now we just need your sign requests.

If you would like your very own personalized race sign, please reply to this thread with your name, hometown, favorite (clean) inspirational phrase, whatever. We'll do our best to make something colorful and clever for you, and you can look forward to seeing your sign somewhere between mile 6 and 7. There's no charge - just tell us what you want your sign to say!

Ready? Set? TYPE!
    I would love to see a sign that says Run ALL THE MILES! - and if it can have a doodle similar to the "Clean ALL THE THINGS" internet meme, that would be even better.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jennbecc View Post
    "Hurry Up Brian & Jenny! HOT Churros are waiting for you at the finish line!"

Thanks so much! I'll keep my eyes peeled for it and let it be a surprise for my Husband!
    Jenny: Who is this magical person supplying HOT CHURROS to you at the finish line and how do I get in on this action?
    Parenting in the Parks[/url]
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

Post your request for a FREE personalized sign for the 2013 Disneyland Half Marathon

This is a great idea and very generous of you. Any saying is great from you guys and motivational to a runner. I'm Phil C. Visiting and running from Rochester,MA. If you need inspiration, a sign reminding me that Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar is just to the left of the finish line. Thanks

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Starts to wonder if she bought enough sign stakes...

Quote Originally Posted by RaeWells View Post
    I would love to see a sign that says Run ALL THE MILES! - and if it can have a doodle similar to the "Clean ALL THE THINGS" internet meme, that would be even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fil33 View Post
    This is a great idea and very generous of you. Any saying is great from you guys and motivational to a runner. I'm Phil C. Visiting and running from Rochester,MA. If you need inspiration, a sign reminding me that Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar is just to the left of the finish line. Thanks

MousePlanet CEO, writer and photographer. Foster and Adoptive Mom. Owner of MouseShoppe and CharmingShoppe. Long-distance walker. Not in that order. In my spare time, I try to sleep.

Starts to wonder if she bought enough sign stakes...
    Rulers and duct tape are your friend?
    - Spring MouseAdventures: Decades advanced: our goal? to finish. mission accomplished!
    - december 09 reindeer games: 26th place, & drenched all the way through!
    - spring 09 mouse adventure (train, trams, and monorails): advanced division, with a newbie! the dominoes and the jigsaw puzzle nearly killed us!
    - fall 08 mouse adventures: third place in the 101 division!

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmores View Post
    Rulers and duct tape are your friend?
    At this point, I'm willing to make friends with a glue gun and bundle of twine. ;o)

Honestly I'm completely thrilled at the response, and my heart is completely torn about which I want to do more - finish the Double Dare, even though it means walking on a still-healing foot, or just be happy with the 10K medal and cheer during the 1/2 (which would make my podiatrist really happy). This cheer station is shaping up to be SO AWESOME, and I'm kinda sad that I might miss it. Just not sad enough to completely rule out doing the 1/2 myself yet.

At this point, I'm willing to make friends with a glue gun and bundle of twine. ;o)

Honestly I'm completely thrilled at the response, and my heart is completely torn about which I want to do more - finish the Double Dare, even though it means walking on a still-healing foot, or just be happy with the 10K medal and cheer during the 1/2 (which would make my podiatrist really happy). This cheer station is shaping up to be SO AWESOME, and I'm kinda sad that I might miss it. Just not sad enough to completely rule out doing the 1/2 myself yet.
    Take care of yourself first!

I hear ya on that, though - if it's too warm, I'll be cheering instead.

Either way - hope you have a great (pain-free) race(s)!!!!!
    Someday going Goofy again.....

I wasn't going to post it, because I want it to be a surprise for Kevin, but I will to include it in the count.

Hey Kevin! On the off chance you are checking Mouseplanet, don't read this!

I want to do a Star Wars theme for Kevin because, well, he's a huge Star Wars geek. The front runner, as suggested by a coworker, is:
    Run, Kevin! Jar Jar is behind you!

Jen
    Whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I have a sign I'm making for someone but that person might read here so I'm not posting it here.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.[/b]
    "You should do totally do this thing, but just remember, it's going to suck eggs" #ThingsMyFriendsSayToMe

I'd love:

"Go Turbo Go!"

I will be channeling my inner Turbo

No one really...just incentive! Trying to keep my husband focused and moving forward since this is his first half and he loves HOT churros.

Quote Originally Posted by adriennek View Post
    Jenny: Who is this magical person supplying HOT CHURROS to you at the finish line and how do I get in on this action?
    No one really...just incentive! Trying to keep my husband focused and moving forward since this is his first half and he loves HOT churros.

What a great idea. How about this for my friend who is several corrals ahead of me?

Way to go Sue!!! I hope I'm right on your heels!!

Cindy

thank you!

IF I make it through the 10K intact and IF I make it to between miles 6 & 7 of the half-marathon, I would love a sign that says "Hurry, your couch misses you."

Laura

Contributing Writer RunningFool's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke Tree Rancher View Post
    IF I make it through the 10K intact and IF I make it to between miles 6 & 7 of the half-marathon, I would love a sign that says "Hurry, your couch misses you."

Laura
    No IF. You WILL make it through both just fine and dandy! Have faith in what you can accomplish.
    RunningFool

Next non-Disney short distance event: Good question...
    Next non-Disney Half: TBD
    Next runDisney event: W&D Two Course Challenge & 5k

This is only our second half and our first Disneyland half so we're pretty excited. I'd love a sign for me and my husband, Jimmy. If it could read:

Jimmy & Jackie
    Swole Mates
    since 2010

Thanks!! Since we have no family or friends out here that will put a smile on both our faces--my husbands even more since he doesn't know I'm requesting it.

I'd love to see the following inspiration, "Emily, Right foot, left foot, breathe! Never, never, never give up!"
    Thanks so much for this wonderful cheer support, I'll be looking for you on Sunday.

Earlier this year I read an article Runner's World talking about the Boston Marathon, and the personalized signs the women of Wellesley College make for anyone who asks for one. (I can't find the article online from Runner's World, but found this article that also talks about it).

I absolutely loved this idea, and thought it would be a blast to do something like this for the Disneyland Half Marathon. Team MousePlanet has a great CHEER station set up around the halfway point of the course, and I think this would be a great motivator to send our runners and walkers into the final half of the race.

We have the posters. We have the markers. We have the willing volunteers, who we are bribing with cokes, chips and salsa to make the posters. Now we just need your sign requests.

If you would like your very own personalized race sign, please reply to this thread with your name, hometown, favorite (clean) inspirational phrase, whatever. We'll do our best to make something colorful and clever for you, and you can look forward to seeing your sign somewhere between mile 6 and 7. There's no charge - just tell us what you want your sign to say!

Ready? Set? TYPE!
    I would love to have a poster on the course
    Name: Chris Murphy, Stamping Ground Kentucky, "Real Men run in Kilts"

Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix
    MousePad Moderator
    MousePad Administrator
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries

Thank goodness we have so many people showing up tomorrow! At this rate, it's going to be two signs per person!

Quote Originally Posted by *Nala* View Post
    I wasn't going to post it, because I want it to be a surprise for Kevin, but I will to include it in the count.

Hey Kevin! On the off chance you are checking Mouseplanet, don't read this!

I want to do a Star Wars theme for Kevin because, well, he's a huge Star Wars geek. The front runner, as suggested by a coworker, is:
    Run, Kevin! Jar Jar is behind you!
    Quote Originally Posted by lola2009 View Post
    I'd love:

"Go Turbo Go!"

I will be channeling my inner Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by LytNnBug View Post
    What a great idea. How about this for my friend who is several corrals ahead of me?

Way to go Sue!!! I hope I'm right on your heels!!

Cindy

thank you!

Laura
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    This is only our second half and our first Disneyland half so we're pretty excited. I'd love a sign for me and my husband, Jimmy. If it could read:

Jimmy & Jackie
    Swole Mates
    since 2010

Thanks!! Since we have no family or friends out here that will put a smile on both our faces--my husbands even more since he doesn't know I'm requesting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LostDeltaCrew View Post
    I'd love to see the following inspiration, "Emily, Right foot, left foot, breathe! Never, never, never give up!"
    Thanks so much for this wonderful cheer support, I'll be looking for you on Sunday.

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff
    Blog Entries
    Laura: YOU SO HAVE THIS!!!!! What corral are you in? What's your pace? I'll be looking out for you for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGCOUNTRY0331 View Post
    I would love to have a poster on the course
    Name: Chris Murphy, Stamping Ground Kentucky, "Real Men run in Kilts"
    Based on your screen name and kilt wearing, and based on my husband being one of the ONLY people I know who would relate to this:

Are you expecting to grow flowers in the desert? Can you live and breathe and see the sun in winter time?

Thanks Adrienne! I assume I am in the last corral, but can I check that before I pick up my bib? I'll be wearing my Mouse Adventure hat and I'll look for you also.