Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World

Thread: More Mouse: Disney Stuff - Pal Mickey

MousePlanet Staff
    MousePlanet Staff

More Mouse: Disney Stuff - Pal Mickey

Disney Stuff - Pal Mickey by Chris Barry

Chris Barry returns with a look at that Disney Stuff that we all love so much.

Read it here!

2. # ADS

Blog Entries

Awe! Thanks for the article. I got my Pal Mickey in 2008 on eBay and lugged him all around WDW. He was a bit cumbersome, and I only saw a few people with their own Pal Mickey's, but it was fun to hear him laugh and then hear what he had to say. He really did come in handy several times. Yes, this was all before the influx of smartphones, so he seemed very innovative at the time. Of course now, I'd rather not have to carry him around and just look at information on my phone instead, but Pal Mickey sure was fun and I DO miss the fact he doesn't work any more. (except with the few games and phrases he says outside the parks). He sits on my desk - he's a Sorcerer Mickey version - next to my other Mickeys and seems to enjoy his retirement, but I'm sure he longs for the days of traveling around the parks and giving out information. Everyone wants to feel important.

WDW June 1990-Buena Vista Palace, DL Aug 2001-Pasadena House, DL June 2006-Paradise Pier, DL June 2007-Paradise Pier, WDW Dec 2008-Royal Plaza, DL Nov 2011-Best Western Courtesy Inn, DL July 2012-Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, DL May 2013-Holiday Inn on Walnut, PENDING DL Aug 2013 D23 Expo-Best Western Raffels