Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd level questions

I think the 14th, you will be fine. You have been with Carsland being open so you know what to expect, and how to deal with it. Have fun, and quit stressing. Either way it isn't New Years Eve.

2. # ADS

Was mommyTo2Boys

Good point. Thank

Going on March 9th.. busy or not so busy?

Make it a blessed day! ~ Disneybound ~ Same Place Same Time, Different Year!

March 9th is a Saturday, I think before blackouts. Saturdays are always busy.

Family of 2 Adults and 4 kids 4-12 years old looking at several options:
    M-F Feb 25-March 1
    M-F March 4-March 8
    M-F April 8-April 12
    M-F April 22-April 26
    Any opinions on these dates? Are there any of these I should avoid for any particular reason?

Thanks!

(We were going to go at the end of August but just found out we are expecting child #5 in Mid September!!!)

The week starting April 8th will still have Spring Break crowd levels.
    We tend towards the second half of April into May for lower crowds levels but nice weather.
    Our rule of thumb that works for us is a 2 week cushion on both sides of Easter. It covers most Spring Break time frames for schools.

December trips - Good luck. Disney marketing is working overtime on the holidays and people come from all over.

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

We are planning on being at Disneyland May 1-6. I think we've picked a good time for smaller crowds but still warm weather, but since there are six days in the trip, we have one day to do something else. Any suggestions on which day? The first is a Wednesday, so Wed-Mon and the Sunday is Mothers Day. I'm thinking skip the parks on one of the weekend days, but not sure which one. Anyone have any experience being in the park on Mothers Day?

Perpetually planning for the next trip...

Busy I believe. I *think I have read they do a brunch at the DL hotel though. Perhaps that would be a good alternative. Also, that is after Deluxe and under passes are blocked out on Saturdays so sundays tend to be busy with local AP holders.

I did notice the blackouts. Thanks for your help. Looks like we'll take a day off from the parks on Sunday then. I know the kids will want to go to a beach. Any suggestions on which one? We have a 3,6, and 8 year old.

There have been some threads in the trip planning forum (I am on my phone currently so links are difficult) try so cal beaches. Or start a thread in the Disneyland trip planning and the locals can offer some great suggestions.
    Also, to keep the disney going that day a character breakfast in one of the hotels is a great last day thing.

Huntington beach is close and fairly easy to get to. It is a nice stretch of beach too. You have to pay to park at the lots though, and we noticed that some lots were not compatible. So if you paid for all day access to one, it may not count for the another.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich78 View Post
    We are planning on being at Disneyland May 1-6. I think we've picked a good time for smaller crowds but still warm weather, but since there are six days in the trip, we have one day to do something else. Any suggestions on which day? The first is a Wednesday, so Wed-Mon and the Sunday is Mothers Day. I'm thinking skip the parks on one of the weekend days, but not sure which one. Anyone have any experience being in the park on Mothers Day?
    May 5 is not Mother's Day.

haha. brainfart. I actually meant cinco de mayo. We purposely avoided the next weekend, but I still had it in my head. so...everything I said before with cinco de mayo substituted for mothers day. Thanks for the catch!

Anyone know if there is something going on in town or at the convention center where there are going to be a bunch of people in the resort area Feb 21 through the 24th? It looks like a bunch of the surrounding hotels are booked out. I looked at the convention center calender and it looked like there was a private tech meeting and a public religious event. Didn't the convention calender used to estimate the number of people attending the event? I could have sworn I used to look at a site that showed what the affect of the convention center event would have on the area.

I know Dapper Days is Feb 24 and they offer pretty decent discounts on tickets and rooms. Actually the prices for onsite were fabulous. I know several people planned their trip around it to get the discounts.

I would still avoid Sunday myself for the same reason. So Cal APs especially are blacked out on Saturday and tend to hit the park Sunday.

Jr you can look to see which rooms they are using which can give a feel for attendance.

It's pretty far in advance, but any idea how we can expect the crowds to be on Nov 10th (a Sunday) through the 14th (a Thursday)?

Also, not sure if this can go here but in regards to those dates, how far should we expect the Christmas decorations to be up on those dates, and is there a chance it's a small world will be closed for decorating?

Quote Originally Posted by kisstheradio View Post
    It's pretty far in advance, but any idea how we can expect the crowds to be on Nov 10th (a Sunday) through the 14th (a Thursday)?

Also, not sure if this can go here but in regards to those dates, how far should we expect the Christmas decorations to be up on those dates, and is there a chance it's a small world will be closed for decorating?
    Nov 11 is vets day and a holiday weekend. I'd expect higher crowds that weekend. The start if the holiday season will likely be some time that week too.

Quote Originally Posted by candles71 View Post
    I would still avoid Sunday myself for the same reason. So Cal APs especially are blacked out on Saturday and tend to hit the park Sunday.

Jr you can look to see which rooms they are using which can give a feel for attendance.
    The private trade show on the 20th through the 22nd are using these rooms: Ballrooms D & E Exhibit Hall C & D Rooms 211, 212 & 213 E

The public religious convention from the 22nd through the 24th are using these rooms: Arena, Ballroom, Halls A & B, Rooms 201-213, Room 303 & 304

Well I did some researching and guess I answered my own question.

The first conference expects 4,000 attendees. The religious conference expects 39,000 attendees.

Was mommyTo2Boys
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich78 View Post
    haha. brainfart. I actually meant cinco de mayo. We purposely avoided the next weekend, but I still had it in my head. so...everything I said before with cinco de mayo substituted for mothers day. Thanks for the catch!
    You had me in a panic. We just chose our dates, booked hotel, for April 30-May 4, because my son has a shooting match on Mother's Day weekend, so I was freaking out I had chosen the wrong weekend. I did LOTS of research on these dates, and hotel prices were low, which always helps with guiding about how croweds will be.
    Formerly MommyTo2Boys1Girl
    Lori, Mommy to 4 Disney kids, Disneyland fanatic, annual pass holder

Was mommyTo2Boys
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
    Family of 2 Adults and 4 kids 4-12 years old looking at several options:
    M-F Feb 25-March 1
    M-F March 4-March 8
    M-F April 8-April 12
    M-F April 22-April 26
    Any opinions on these dates? Are there any of these I should avoid for any particular reason?

Thanks!

(We were going to go at the end of August but just found out we are expecting child #5 in Mid September!!!)
    The best choice you have here is Feb 25-Mar 1. I have been doing research for the months of Feb-May, planning 2 trips during that time. We are going Feb 27-Mar 2, and hotels are reasonable, if they are higher priced it is because of more reservations being made, convention center doesn't have anything big going on during these dates, if you look at the Disneyland park hours they close early and open later, so they anticipate low crowds as well. March 4-8 would be my next choice because you are still before spring breaks start. April 8-12 is spring break time and the crowds will be heavy. And then April 22-26, we looked at dates during that week for our 2nd upcoming trip and hotel prices are high, Doubletree is sold out, and there are some conventions that will be bringing in a large number of people, at the convention center, which increases the crowds at Disneyland.
    Congratulations on baby #5!
    Formerly MommyTo2Boys1Girl
    Lori, Mommy to 4 Disney kids, Disneyland fanatic, annual pass holder

We had decided on 4th week of April... But my Brother-in-law just got engaged and is now getting married Thursday of that week...
    So help me out here what was the conclusion for the week of April 29-May 3 M-F? This is now a possibility for us. Was this a big convention week? I had a hard time keeping up with all the convention dates... The website isitpacked.com shows very low crowd levels predicted... If that matters.
    Thanks!

Was mommyTo2Boys

You are good with 4/29 dates, we go 4/30 & it doesn't look like there are any major activities at the convention center.