Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Crowd level questions

Was it hot on Saturday? I saw it was 103 in the area. We were there on Sunday and it was packed by 1030am. We did see a lot of the GD folks but there is always a group there for something or another. It was packed 2 weeks ago also.

Going again Sunday. We will see but I expect the same thing.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by binki View Post
    Was it hot on Saturday? I saw it was 103 in the area. We were there on Sunday and it was packed by 1030am. We did see a lot of the GD folks but there is always a group there for something or another. It was packed 2 weeks ago also.

Going again Sunday. We will see but I expect the same thing.
    It was really hot. Friday and Saturday were both in the 90's, Saturday felt like it was about 150 degrees to this Pacific Northwester...
    "It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." Alice, Alice in Wonderland

August

We typically go to DL in May, however we need to change our timing this year.

I know summer will be crowded. Is the end of August any better crowd wise (once CA students are back in school)?

Thank you!

When at the end of August? The lower pass blackouts lift around the third week of the month. That will add to crowds, especially in the evenings. CHOC Walk is August 26th this year -- that will be a crowded day. Is HM a favorite ride? It will go down for the Halloween overlay installment sometime toward the end of August (no date announced yet). And school schedules are all over the place in CA -- so some districts will be back in session, but others won't go back until later. Personally, I would aim for earlier in August. Better to have summer crowds and the parks fully prepared for them (longer hours, more staffing, most/all rides running, etc.) then to have crowds and the parks running on low season schedules.

We went late late august last year and we did 14 rides in 4 hours. Group of four 11year olds.

It was 101 degrees that day.

Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities. Truth isn't

High School here she comes!

Quote Originally Posted by june1st1997 View Post
    We went late late august last year and we did 14 rides in 4 hours. Group of four 11year olds.

It was 101 degrees that day.
    I remember that heat wave! It did cut down on the crowds (same with heavy rain -- helps keep the crowds down). But I would hope that the weather would be a bit more reasonable this year, especially on CHOC Walk weekend!

So, you think earlier in August is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Ho View Post
    So, you think earlier in August is better?
    It would help to visit while the lower passes are still blocked for the summer, while the parks are still running on high season schedules (full nighttime entertainment schedules and longer hours), and while HM will for certain be up (if that ride matters to you). Summer will be crowded, no matter what. But going when the parks are prepared for crowds and when the lower passes are blocked can make a big difference.

We did Girl's trip in early August, 3 years ago, and it wasn't bad at all crowdwise. Weatherwise wasn't bad either. I want to say 80s but it was 100+ at home and we had 100+ one September trip. One of the husbands is a high school teacher and we had to be back by the time he started school on the 11th.

I like what tea4two suggests, go when the most passes are blocked. Even if the kids are in school, many people will still be there late afternoon/evening, after school gets out. Weather wise, It gets warmer the closer to September.

We are planning on heading down before Star Wars opens. We can either go during our spring break which is the week of Easter or the first week of June which will have 3 grad nights during our visit. We are planning on a Sun-Thurs visit with 3 full days in the parks. I have checked touring plans etc and I know spring break is crazy busy. Im not sure what do. Thoughts?

June over Spring Break. Our 8th grade goes in that timeframe and the lines are quite reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Mouseketeers View Post
    We are planning on heading down before Star Wars opens. We can either go during our spring break which is the week of Easter or the first week of June which will have 3 grad nights during our visit. We are planning on a Sun-Thurs visit with 3 full days in the parks. I have checked touring plans etc and I know spring break is crazy busy. Im not sure what do. Thoughts?
    We went this past Spring Break, even though I don't like to say never, we will never go back that week. Unless it's a free trip that is. Choose the June dates if you can.

What are the parks like on Veterans Day weekend?

So would you do mid week in early November?

Or weekend trip in early November?

With So Cal passes being blocked out would the weekends be lighter?

"If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    So would you do mid week in early November?

Or weekend trip in early November?

With So Cal passes being blocked out would the weekends be lighter?
    No thoughts on this one?
    "If you can Dream it you can Do IT." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post
    No thoughts on this one?
    Christmas hasn't officially kicked off yet, so this week, until Friday, is going to be the lightest week for the rest of the year. The week or two after Thanksgiving will be lighter than the remainder of the year too. Will weekends be lighter than midweek? It's hard to say anymore. Fridays definitely aren't light in the afternoon and evenings.

Thank you candles! I noticed that the online reservations direct through Disney isn't available for that week. Disney said it was because there is a convention that week .

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, My FIL had a stroke.

Thanks missm! That is the general feeling I got from reading various posts and blogs.