Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are your ADRs? - The Discussion Continues.

Blog Entries

Where are your ADRs? - The Discussion Continues.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    While this is certainly a valid way to tour, you need to be extra flexible about your dining choices. If you just go to the park that you feel like hitting on any given day, most of the really popular restaurants will already be booked. You can usually still find some place to eat, but a lot of times you don't have much of a choice.
    Very true, but I don't mind eating somewhere that isn't popular especially if I have ever tried it before. I also don't mind quick service either. You really have to seek out burgers and nuggets now at quick service locations.
    Kristin

2. # ADS

I made ADR for Be Our Guest in December, jut in case we go to WDW instead of the cruise.

Siggy aka Jill

Blog Entries

Booked La Hacienda for 2 at 8:30PM. Hoping we will be able to see Illuminations!

Kristin

For our spur-of-the-moment trip in November (the 30% off on deluxe resorts did its magic) we decided on old favorites with one newbie. The first 2 days (Sat & Sun) we'll do the Food & Wine Festival with counter service backup if we're still hungry....I doubt we will be, though. Monday night we're at Boma. Tuesday is our last night which we traditionally spend at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. However, this trip we've decided to end things at Shula's at the Dolphin. We have to catch our Magic Express bus @3:30pm on Wednesday at the Boardwalk Inn so we booked lunch at the Rose & Crown. Needless to say we're psyched!

PS. Kristin, we had an 8:30pm res at La Hacienda de San Angel last October and the view of Illuminations is fab! So that's perfect timing! Of course, they lower the lighting and pump in the music! My boyfriend and I shared the queso fundido and taquiza appetizers. He had the pollo al pastor and I had the puerco en salsa de mole negro for entrees. We split the empanada de manzana for dessert. And of course, we washed everthing down with the best margaritas! Diviertanse!

Last edited by carolinakid; 08-04-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    John

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    PS. Kristin, we had an 8:30pm res at La Hacienda de San Angel last October and the view of Illuminations is fab! So that's perfect timing! Of course, they lower the lighting and pump in the music! My boyfriend and I shared the queso fundido and taquiza appetizers. He had the pollo al pastor and I had the puerco en salsa de mole negro for entrees. We split the empanada de manzana for dessert. And of course, we washed everthing down with the best margaritas! Diviertanse!
    Sounds great! Can you see from anywhere in the restaurant (are the windows big enough)? Anything you didn't like?
    Kristin

Yes, the windows are huge, and the view is really beautiful!

The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

Blog Entries

Fantastic! Can't wait! (Knowing my luck it will rain!)

Kristin

We're going next week. We've made a bunch of ADRs, but we missed the boat on a few places we really wanted to try. What are the chances (in general) of getting into popular places without an ADR? How long of wait should I expect? For example we'd love hit coral reef for dinner on Wed 8/21. Nothing's available. Is it even worth a shot.

Also, how many people are courteous and cancel their ADRs if they can't make it? I always do. Just wondering.

booked our ADRs for Jan 18-25 at the 180 day mark. was able to get everything, with the exception of California Grill, for the exact times we wanted after revisiting a few details of our park days.

Sat - AK; CS and Kiosks since it's our travel day
    Sun - HS; Brown Derby w/F! @ 4:00
    Mon - AK day; want CG with Wishes! timing, but holding an Artist's Point @ 5:30
    Tues - AK; Tusker House @ 5:30 (5pm park closing)
    Wed - MK; Liberty Tree lunch, 'Ohana @ 5:00 (love the first seating and a window seat)
    Thurs - HS; Sci-Fi @ 2:00
    Fri - MK; Be Our Guest @ 4:00
    Sat - HS; 50s Prime Time @ 11:00, heading to the airport @ 2:30

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bielski View Post
    We're going next week. We've made a bunch of ADRs, but we missed the boat on a few places we really wanted to try. What are the chances (in general) of getting into popular places without an ADR? How long of wait should I expect? For example we'd love hit coral reef for dinner on Wed 8/21. Nothing's available. Is it even worth a shot.

Also, how many people are courteous and cancel their ADRs if they can't make it? I always do. Just wondering.
    Depends on where you want to eat. Which ones did you miss out on? If you want to eat at Coral Reef, I'd be there at a VERY off time, like when they're opening or about the close. You might get lucky, though. I have called the Disney Dining line on the morning we decided to eat at a TS location and were able to get an ADR without incident. Yes, it is worth a shot--

As for people cancelling their ADRs, YMMV, but with the credit card holds on some of the places these days, it is more likely that they will cancel.
    Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Blog Entries

Just made a ressie for Narcoossee's for September 2nd! So excited to try it! The menu looks amazing! That will make 4 brand new restaurants this trip!

Kristin

Kristin, we were first timers at Narcoossee's in May. We loved it. We had a spectacular view of Space Mountain and the Contemporary Resort.

John

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

Ah, it has been on our list for YEARS and always gets bumped off. Can't wait to hear how you liked it!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

We aren't really ones to go to a nice dinner while at Disney Parks. In our eyes we could be doing things in the park. But since this is the kids first time going to WDW, I told them I at least want to do a fun dinner on one of the nights. I think we are going to try to book Sci Fi during our Spring Break trip. We may also try to get a reservation for breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. My daughter wants to have lunch at Be Our Guest, so I think we will venture the lunch line for that.

Blog Entries

I'll let you guys know!

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    We aren't really ones to go to a nice dinner while at Disney Parks. In our eyes we could be doing things in the park. But since this is the kids first time going to WDW, I told them I at least want to do a fun dinner on one of the nights. I think we are going to try to book Sci Fi during our Spring Break trip. We may also try to get a reservation for breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. My daughter wants to have lunch at Be Our Guest, so I think we will venture the lunch line for that.
    For a fun, fast meal I would recommend Primetime in DHS. I think the longest I was in there was 45 minutes. Sci Fi the food is okay but it is dark so it is very quiet which is a nice contrast to what is going on outside.
    Kristin

Quote Originally Posted by wishiwasthere View Post
    I'll let you guys know!

For a fun, fast meal I would recommend Primetime in DHS. I think the longest I was in there was 45 minutes. Sci Fi the food is okay but it is dark so it is very quiet which is a nice contrast to what is going on outside.
    Love Primetime Cafe. Fun place for the family. We will be earing at Sci Fi Diner for the first time and are looking forward to it. Think the kids will like the drive-in movie concept.

Blog Entries

I love the concept of Sci-Fi too, but sometime the service is so slow. Lately I have hated the CMs at Sci-Fi. They were so rude and came across so uncaring. Everyone has a bad day, but it has happened ultimate times to me now.

Kristin

I love the concept of Sci-Fi too, but sometime the service is so slow. Lately I have hated the CMs at Sci-Fi. They were so rude and came across so uncaring. Everyone has a bad day, but it has happened ultimate times to me now.
    Yikes, I sure hope we get good service from the CM's. Otherwise, they deserve whatever hell they'll receive from my wife.

....but it has happened ultimate times to me now.
    Is this a spellcheck thing? Otherwise I'm not quite sure what "ultimate times" means . . . . .
    - James Taylor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Is this a spellcheck thing? Otherwise I'm not quite sure what "ultimate times" means . . . . .
    In Kristin world it means multiple

.....or my iPad spellcheck just changed it to ultimate
    Kristin

I've always enjoyed taking a visit to Kristin World!

- James Taylor

Blog Entries

It's a very fun place. Lot's of crazies and wine. You can't go wrong!

Kristin

For our spur of the moment trip November 9-13 we booked Boma for dinner on Nov 11, Shula's Steakhouse for dinner on Nov 12 and the Rose & Crown for lunch on Nov 13. We'll be doing Food & Wine Festival on Nov 9 & 10. Shula's will be the first time for us. We decided to try it instead of our usual last night dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse.

John

Got our ADR's for our March trip today. I got both Cinderella's Royal Table and Be Our Guest! The operator I spoke to at Disney Dining was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp21 View Post
    Got our ADR's for our March trip today. I got both Cinderella's Royal Table and Be Our Guest! The operator I spoke to at Disney Dining was awesome.
    Ooh you are going to love Be Our Guest. The theming of this place was way beyond our expectations. We were really lucky and got the centre table in the main room right under a huge chandelier. The perspective of the room this table gave was outstanding.

The French onion soup was really, really good too.

They sell wine here too. Yes, in the MK!!! It was extraordinarily small and expensive though

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)