Articles | Disneyland | Walt Disney World
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are your ADRs? - The Discussion Continues.

Quote Originally Posted by CBFETT View Post
    And aren't you and I the only ones here that really like Coral Reef?
    I'm a little peeved at them for simplifying their menu wayyyy down from where it used to be. Now there are only around 7 menu choices, and usually only 3 or 4 of them are seafood. Still, I always manage to find something that's tasty. And enjoying a glass of wine while staring out into the big ol' blue is just totally cool!!!
    The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
    - James Taylor

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I'm a little peeved at them for simplifying their menu wayyyy down from where it used to be. Now there are only around 7 menu choices, and usually only 3 or 4 of them are seafood. Still, I always manage to find something that's tasty. And enjoying a glass of wine while staring out into the big ol' blue is just totally cool!!!
    Agree with you about the menu Dan. I do dig the Lobster soup too! AND you drink your wine and I will drink my top shelf Margarita looking out into the big ol' blue. But yes very very cool!
    Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    That's no problem Actually has done me a favour as encouraged me to re look at Yak and Yeti and think we will give that a try. It's new for us and will be more convenient for our day too. I did like Boma but its not my favourite.

And if anyone had asked about Hollywood and Vine I'd have been equally as blunt!
    I LOVED Yak & Yeti. It was both my and my son's favorite meal. You have to get the Mango Pie!!!

I have only typed out a few day so far, and I will finished the rest when I have a second, but here they are

Ok so here we go!!
    Monday 5/6 we will be arriving-
    Breakfast- quick dunks at the airport- or some cereal before we go- but on the plane it is time to start the day with our traditional screwdrivers  along with our snacks that we always pack for the plane.
    Lunch- we plan on going to Earl of Sandwich. We dont want anything too heavy because tonights dinner we both GET FAT INSTANTLY!! (Where tonight? Ill tell you guys in a second.. geeze ) At Earl I always get a half soup and half sandwich. Honestly I mix it up every time. There are so many choices* ahh my mouth is watering. This place is legit COMFORT food for me!
    Dinner- Gregs all time favorite- OHANA! We eat like piglets here!! We got a late dinner because we usually start off with drinks at the bar- always get myself a martini or two and we sit by the window in the lounge overlooking the lake. ahhhhh- then for dinner- its ON!! We request a seat near the window because WISHES is at 10. After dinner- we ALWAYSS grab a drink and walk around the Poly and enjoy the atmosphere* this is a tradition for us!

Tuesday 5/7 OUR ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY DAY!!!! Time flies huh?

Breakfast- Crystal Palace right after rope drop- Killing two birds with one stone!  This is an AWESOME breakfast buffet. The characters get a little annoying cuz they come by many times, but the food makes up for it. They have this French toast OMG- melt in my mouth!!! And just an awesome variety of food. We havent been in a while either so we are due.
    Lunch- We will be at Magic today- So I think we are going to try to get into Be Our Guest for lunch- because it is just quick service meal and we will probably be stuffed from breakfast. I am pretty sure its a walk up- first come first serve for lunch right? So that will be out quick service for the day. I am excited to try it. We tried to get table service ressies for it ANY DAY ANY TIME that week and NOTHINGG so we figured that we would try for the lunch. And do the dinner another time.
    Dinner- We are paying out of pocket because they do not take Disney Dining plan, but this place is my all time favorite Italian food like ANYWHERE EVER! It is some serious $ but it is our 1 yr so We will splurge here !  Il Mulino  at the Swam AMAZING. I had manicottis I legit DIED every bite I took. They treated me and Greg SOO well. They had a great staff- great food, and such a romantic atmosphere. Everyone was dressed nice and NO KIDS! I am excited for this dinner.

Wednesday 5/8

Breakfast- Since we are staying at Saratoga- we have a small kitchenette, so we are doing almost every day here for breakfast. Quick and saves $. We will probably hit up a store at some point the first day to stock up on stuff.
    Lunch- We dont have anything in mind. I actually havent decided what we are doing yet as far as parks and days and stuff so this is up in the air- but it will be a quick service meal.
    Dinner- We are going to try the Turf Club Bar and Grill at the resort. Its something new so I guess we will try it. I have heard mixed reviews, so I guess one shot you know? And we plan on just hanging near the resort bar and such that night.. the pool.. just lay back that night.

**Kristin**
    You just have to have it in you... the MAGIC*

Quote Originally Posted by WdwGurl4life View Post
    So I think we are going to try to get into Be Our Guest for lunch- because it is just quick service meal and we will probably be stuffed from breakfast. I am pretty sure it’s a walk up- first come first serve for lunch right?
    Yes, it's Counter Service at lunch. But it's immensely popular, and the line is always long. It opens around 11am, and you need to be in line at around 10:30am or else be prepared for a 45 to 60 minute wait. Good food, though!
    - James Taylor

Where are your ADR's? - The Discussion Continues.

Yes, it's Counter Service at lunch. But it's immensely popular, and the line is always long. It opens around 11am, and you need to be in line at around 10:30am or else be prepared for a 45 to 60 minute wait. Good food, though!
    Yikes! Hope this calms down by August.

If no-one out there understands, start your own revolution and cut out the middle man (Billy Bragg)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
    Yikes! Hope this calms down by August.
    Yeah, we are hoping it calms down by our May trip. Unless we get lucky, we are not planning on waiting that long on this trip in a couple of days.
    Offsite 77, FW 80, Offsite 88, Offsite 90, Offsite 92, Offsite 97, CSR 04, POR 06, CR 08, POR 09, Offsite 09, Poly 10, POR 11, Offsite 11, Offsite 12, VWL 12, Poly 13, SSR 13, OffSite 13, OKW 14, CBR 15, DL 17, PCR 17, DL 18, Offsite 19
    Chris

Coral Reef, down by the tank is still good eats! Had a great dinner there last night. Had the seasonal catch of the day, which was a Bass over the cheesy grits with Andouille Suasage and Tomato Broth! Outstanding!! Wife had it too.

FYI, using the My Disney Experience App on the iPhone we changed our ADR's on the fly. We were on the resort monorail and didn't feel like Rose & Crown at 6pm, so we changed it to La Hacienda at San Angel Inn for 7:30pm. Also changed our time at Mama Melrose tomorrow night from 5:45pm to 7:20pm. Know there are still questions about the changes, but it was very easy, and would assume most people have phones. I like this one! Still don't know about the Magic+ for Fastpasses and stuff. We're told by a CM we would be getting new AP's in the mail once testing was complete.

Blog Entries

I can't get the app to work! I have all my trip info in MDE on line and when I go to the mobile app I can't get any info to come up. I thought I might have to link all the info to the app but it says that the ressies for the room and restaurants are already there. So I just went on to see how it was worded and now it says my info is not right. Maybe I need to trash it and start over again....

Going on our first Disney Cruise
    Very Merrytime Cruise 12/5/2022
    ~Katrina

Quote Originally Posted by KJSJpipe View Post
    I can't get the app to work! I have all my trip info in MDE on line and when I go to the mobile app I can't get any info to come up. I thought I might have to link all the info to the app but it says that the ressies for the room and restaurants are already there. So I just went on to see how it was worded and now it says my info is not right. Maybe I need to trash it and start over again....
    Not sure what to tell you. We have our ADR's showing up for our May Trip which we traded into SSR via RCI. Our resort ressies don't show though. We made all ADR's online and tied to my email address. Maybe that is it? Oh yeah, La Hacienda @ San Angel Inn is good eats!! We had a fabulous meal and service. New favorite! Highly recommend!

Quote Originally Posted by CBFETT View Post
    Coral Reef, down by the tank is still good eats! Had a great dinner there last night.
    Location is critical. I'll always ask for a table by the glass, but sometimes they like to try to put me at a table NEXT to the table by the glass. I've accepted this a couple times, but no longer. I just hate staring into the big ol' blue across the table of people between me and the water. Now I'll always specify that "I'd love a table right by the glass - not the tables that are one away from the glass, but RIGHT BY THE GLASS, and I'm willing to wait". If you do it nicely, they'll usually come through for you!
    - James Taylor

Dan we have to time our trips to Coral reef, I always ask for a table AWAY from the glass! DD(15) and I tend to get sea sick if we sit too close

By the way how was your trip? Didn't you just come back?

Just finalized our last ADR. Yak and Yeti for dinner. So we have a few old favorites, Cape May, some new, Be Our Guest, Narcocosses and Rose and Crown. And now DH favorite Yak and Yeti.

Quote Originally Posted by rph13 View Post
    By the way how was your trip? Didn't you just come back?
    Yup. Trip report is coming. As trips go, this one wasn't one of the best, but I still had an excellent time.
    - James Taylor

Can't wait to read it, Dan! Your trip reports are the only ones I find interesting enough to read every word!

John

Wow - thanks for that! I'm scared of them reading the same old way with the same old details, cuz I am a creature of habit!

- James Taylor

April 14 Check in Beach Club around noon..walk to Epcot..monorail to Ohana 505 dinner
    April 15 DHS-230 Mama Melrose immediately after Stunt Show..mmm good dinner undecided
    April 16 910 Cape May Character Breakfast-720 LeCellier
    April 17 640 Dinner Biergarten
    April 18 1pm Lunch LTT
    April 19 620 Dinner Via Napoli

I did not do too many ADR's this trip due to being too full after these sit downs..figure we will play it by ear. How is Raglan Road?

Kathy

Beach Club 16 stays
    Boardwalk 1 Stay
    Yacht Club 1Stay

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

I LOVE Raglan Road, especially if you can time it right to see the Irish dancers. Their entrees are familiar, yet interesting.

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Two months to go and I have only made two ADR's! Got 'Ohana for a party of 6 at 8:30. Not great, but it will work! Also made a ressie at LeCellier at 6pm. I am wondering if it is time to try Citricos, Yachtsman Steakhouse or Flying Fig instead of LeCellier. What do you think? And do you have any favorite menu items? I was so happy to try California Grill last fall, but that's out right now due to refurb.

[
    Followed by Mother/Daughter trip: POP Century - May 13-18

Ready for MA World Explorers! Drince88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Where are your ADRs? - The Discussion Continues.

I'd go Citricos. But any of the others are yummy, too. If you've done LeCellier, I think you should try something different.

Cathy

Did you mean Flying Fish?

- James Taylor

Yes...oops, we have a Flying Fig in Cleveland!

[
    Followed by Mother/Daughter trip: POP Century - May 13-18

Self-proclaimed Diz nut TinaMouse's Avatar

I don't give a flying fig. LOL!

I like Flying Fish very much!

Working hard for that next WDW trip!

Sunday, Sept. 15th - Dinner @ Turf Bar & Grill - 6:20 PM We are staying at SSR
    Monday, Sept. 16th -Dinner @ Be Our Guest - 6:45 PM We all wanted to see what this is like.
    Tuesday, Sept. 17th - Dinner @ 'Ohana's - 5:20 PM Favorite of all the adults.
    Wednesday, Sept. 18th - Lunch @ Akershaus - 1:20 PM For 5-year old Great-granddaughter
    Thursday, Sept. 19th - @ Hollywood & Vine - 12:45 PM For 5-year old Great-granddaughter

But if it's not working for you, there are plenty of other places to try!
    THIS is a rule at Disney. I have tried many a place recommended by someone else and disliked it - and tried places disliked by others and LOVED it. Sometimes, it's just the mood you are in. Sometimes, the restaurant, server or chef has an off night. Sometimes, it's just not your cup of tea. Whatever, you can find great experiences all across WDW. And you should give a restaurant a second try here - - we hated Sci Fi Dine-in first time we went. Nearly 10 years later, we tried it again and all LOVED it. So, who knows?
    This and all of my posts are in the public domain. I am a lawyer. I am not your lawyer, and this is not legal advice.